• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► How did TAV do that?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Noivern

Awards
So you're saying that since no one was being pressed for time, they were just able to get around the established methods because.... They learned something new, I guess? In which case, that still opens up just as many questions.

So like, the path they opened is extremely volatile and dangerous, thus requiring a higher level of protection than Riku and Mickey's magic clothes specifically designed to ward off darkness? Interesting.. cause that would suggest they may have to pass through a dense area like the abyss before they can properly reach it (which would admittedly be a good trade off for trying to essentially use a loophole).

I think it's more like the method they used is something that could have been done all along, but either the knowledge was lost at the time and/or it recquired something that Mickey wasn't capable of, or just did not know. It's important to remember that they TAV and Mickey were under different Masters with different methods of training and while I doubt Nomura will ever go deep into this, I assume each Master had their own secret techniques, quirks and knowledge apart from the others.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Correct me If i'm wrong, but from my understanding, there was always a Realm of Darkness and a Realm of Light, it's just that the Realm of Light became fractured and the one world split into many different ones. It does seem like one single, unified world in all instances we visit it anyways lol

Spoiler Spoiler Show

More importantly, this part. I don't think Mickey thaught them anything, but GreyouTT made an important point here: There was a one year timeskip. During that time, they had access to the entirety of Land of Departure and all of it's knowledge, and they had time to prepare and set up this trip. So while I hate to give Nomura credit for this, it makes perfectly sense for them to come up with a new method to go there, or to invent a new one entirely. I sure wish he would have specified how it worked, but it does makes sense in the narrative.

We also don't really know everything that was teached to them. Somewhere before BBS Eraqus thaught the kids that his Keyblade could reshape the entire world somehow, so anything is valid at this point.

pssst

The Land of Departure is described as being within the Realm Between, they could be instead traveling to the End of Sea. And simply cross the border into the Realm of Darkness.

Hirokey123

Awards
The Land of Departure is canonically confirmed to both be a world that exists right in the middle of the realms of light and darkness, and has roads to the other realms/worlds on it. That's how Riku and Mickey reached new worlds, how SDG arrived there to begin with, Mickey to he literally saw the light of Riku's heart in the distance and was able to follow it just walking straight out of the realm of darkness, and so on. This world is connected, tied to the light and dark, and so it makes sense that here in this world they could open a portal into the realm of darkness. This is also the world where the door to darkness naturally chose to appear albeit faraway out in the green field crossroads.

Why else would Eraqus say it's a place where its nature could be abused and needed to be guarded? It makes perfect sense that the land of departure given its nature may just be a natural crossing point in and out of the realm of darkness. That really is something that could be abused because it means someone who takes it over could use it release the forces of darkness from the realm of darkness into the realm of light.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Noivern

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also, while we know that Castle Oblivion is a special world, I'm not sure if we can automatically put the Land of Departure in the same category. While the two are essentially the same world, they are not in the same state. Aqua did alter the way the castle worked which made it easier for the Org to take over, who knows what else could be changed in the process.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Man, what the hell was even accomplished by closing the KH door in KH1? Everyone can just hop in & out of the damn realm whenever they want.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Why did Ansem SoD even need to go through this whole process to open that door when he can hop over whenever he feels like it?
I think he went through the process to open the door, so that darkness will more easily consume the worlds... and it was just his curiousity of what was behind the door. He didn't know it was the Realm of Darkness. Ansem SoD was created from the amnesiac Terra-Xehanort, so he was just curious and researching. He also needed to get the 7 lights for Master Xehanort and the door was a consolation prize?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Noivern

Awards
I think he went through the process to open the door, so that darkness will more easily consume the worlds... and it was just his curiousity of what was behind the door. He didn't know it was the Realm of Darkness. Ansem SoD was created from the amnesiac Terra-Xehanort, so he was just curious and researching. He also needed to get the 7 lights for Master Xehanort and the door was a consolation prize?

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Nah. The cutscenes from DDD show him clearly off'ing the other apprentices with the No Name Keyblade, and there's also the cutscene with Xigbar asking if he was faking being amnesiatic. Could also have been a case of him getting his memories back later, but either way, he was pretty much in control of himself when he became a Heartless since that's also when he sends his own heart back in time.

As for Aqua having the Power of Waking, it was never mentioned before nor did they comment on it after she got back, and it seems to be Sora's own special thing in the same vein as being a Princess of Heart.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Nah. The cutscenes from DDD show him clearly off'ing the other apprentices with the No Name Keyblade, and there's also the cutscene with Xigbar asking if he was faking being amnesiatic. Could also have been a case of him getting his memories back later, but either way, he was pretty much in control of himself when he became a Heartless since that's also when he sends his own heart back in time.

As for Aqua having the Power of Waking, it was never mentioned before nor did they comment on it after she got back, and it seems to be Sora's own special thing in the same vein as being a Princess of Heart.
My understanding was that the amnesia was real. He remembered possessing Terra, but not much else (like the plan to create the X-Blade). It would be nice to see a scene where Luxu goads Terra-Xehanort into pursuing the X-Blade via the 7 PoH and 13 nobodies. Also, when Terra-Xehanort became a heartless/nobody, all the memories were lost OR Ansem didn't have them, but Xemnas did (which would explain why Xemnas knew what Aqua's armour was)?

I thought the Power of Waking was just something all Keyblade Masters learn -- I assume Mickey has it and Riku does too, so why wouldn't Aqua? Master Eraqus bestowed upon her secret abilities, so that may have been one of them.

Noivern

Awards
My understanding was that the amnesia was real. He remembered possessing Terra, but not much else (like the plan to create the X-Blade). It would be nice to see a scene where Luxu goads Terra-Xehanort into pursuing the X-Blade via the 7 PoH and 13 nobodies. Also, when Terra-Xehanort became a heartless/nobody, all the memories were lost OR Ansem didn't have them, but Xemnas did (which would explain why Xemnas knew what Aqua's armour was)?

I thought the Power of Waking was just something all Keyblade Masters learn -- I assume Mickey has it and Riku does too, so why wouldn't Aqua? Master Eraqus bestowed upon her secret abilities, so that may have been one of them.

I mean, it's literally stated that Terranort, as Ansem SoD, went back in time to meet his past self and start the whole Seeker of Darkness saga. While it could be argued that an Amnestesiatic Terranort regained the use of his Keyblade and was influenced by Luxu as Braig to off the other apprentices, he had to remember himself to travel back in time. But ehh, Nomura could have made those scenes a big more explicit, but maybe in the Xehanort game lol.

And nah, it's not a Keyblade Master thingie. Otherwise they wouldn't need Sora to rescue everyone, since they had 3 other Masters avaiable, 4 once Terra is back (at least in terms of power level), 5 if we count Yen Sid.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I mean, it's literally stated that Terranort, as Ansem SoD, went back in time to meet his past self and start the whole Seeker of Darkness saga. While it could be argued that an Amnestesiatic Terranort regained the use of his Keyblade and was influenced by Luxu as Braig to off the other apprentices, he had to remember himself to travel back in time. But ehh, Nomura could have made those scenes a big more explicit, but maybe in the Xehanort game lol.

And nah, it's not a Keyblade Master thingie. Otherwise they wouldn't need Sora to rescue everyone, since they had 3 other Masters avaiable, 4 once Terra is back (at least in terms of power level), 5 if we count Yen Sid.
Well Sora didn't have the power of waking active (which he was intending to only use on Ventus in KH3) for most of KH3, Aqua was weakened in the Realm of Darkness so if she does have the power of waking (ie power to stroll in/out of the Realm of Darkness) she wasn't able to use it. Riku/Mickey were the only keyblade masters that we saw go in/out of the RoD in KH3 easily (until Sora got back the power). So I guess circumstantial evidence kind of points to keyblade masters having that ability -- since we see Aqua go back.

Noivern

Awards
Well Sora didn't have the power of waking active (which he was intending to only use on Ventus in KH3) for most of KH3, Aqua was weakened in the Realm of Darkness so if she does have the power of waking (ie power to stroll in/out of the Realm of Darkness) she wasn't able to use it. Riku/Mickey were the only keyblade masters that we saw go in/out of the RoD in KH3 easily (until Sora got back the power). So I guess circumstantial evidence kind of points to keyblade masters having that ability -- since we see Aqua go back.
Oh yeah, my bad, I was totally wrong here. Someone in another thread reminded me that the Mark of Mastery from DDD was literally to get that power and Riku supposedly had it and used it throughout that game, although he doesn't seem to use it in 3, lol.

That being said, he and Sora had to wake the sleeping worlds to obtain it so idk if TAV ever got that power as well through some other method since their Mark of Mastery was different.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That being said, he and Sora had to wake the sleeping worlds to obtain it so idk if TAV ever got that power as well through some other method since their Mark of Mastery was different.
It's possible i assume Mickey's Mark of Mastery exam was also different and yet it was stated he has the Power of Waking as well. So i assume there are other methods of gaining it.

Back