• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did Sora and Riku get to Yen Sid's Castle?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Merlin could do it. Yen Sid should be able to as well.

Indeed, I think I'd be more surprised if Yen Sid didn't know any teleportation/transportation spells at all.

Light

faster than
Awards
By the way, the journal says that Cid escaped from his world piloting a gummi ship that he himself had created. Just to add to your list Ruran.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^Would that still count since Cid made that escape after Apprenticnort tore down the walls and made gummi ship travel possible at that point?
Between Radiant Gardens fall and the end of kh1 anyone with a gummi ship could travel.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Mickey can still use CoD. There's also the possibility of Corridors of Light still.

CnD can use the Lanes Between. They are open. (Unless something happened in between KH2 and now)

There's also the way TAV got around.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Mickey can still use CoD. There's also the possibility of Corridors of Light still.

CnD can use the Lanes Between. They are open. (Unless something happened in between KH2 and now)

There's also the way TAV got around.

Everyone can use a CoD, however only people associated with the Darkness can summon/open one, and Mickey cannot summon Dark Corridors nor can Riku anymore as shown at the end of KH2.
At the current time, not counting Naminé because she has no physical existence right now, Lea should be the only one who can actually summon CoDs.

The lanes between are not constantly open, they have to be unlocked with a Keyblade, as Eraqus unlocked them in BBS while in KH 2 Sora had to unlock every path by itself.
That's also one of the reasons cited as to why Lea wanted a Keyblade. Travelling the worlds using Dark Corridors constantly is dangerous, and to use the Lanes Between you need to either be in the company of a Keyblade Wielder (or a Wizard like Merlin and Yen Sid) or get a Keyblade yourself.

Light

faster than
Awards
^Would that still count since Cid made that escape after Apprenticnort tore down the walls and made gummi ship travel possible at that point?
Between Radiant Gardens fall and the end of kh1 anyone with a gummi ship could travel.

No, I meant the list of only Mickey and Scrouge having a gummi ship.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
By the way, the journal says that Cid escaped from his world piloting a gummi ship that he himself had created. Just to add to your list Ruran.

lol, I actually don't remember that. o_O
Makes sense that Cid would know how to make a gummi ship though, so I suppose at this current point in time there are three known ones. Thanks for reminding me~

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Mickey cannot summon Dark Corridors

He can possibly use CoL.

nor can Riku anymore as shown at the end of KH2.

That isn't entirely definitive.

At the current time, not counting Naminé because she has no physical existence right now

That didn't stop her at the end of KH2.

The lanes between are not constantly open, they have to be unlocked with a Keyblade, as Eraqus unlocked them in BBS while in KH 2 Sora had to unlock every path by itself and to use the Lanes Between you need to either be in the company of a Keyblade Wielder (or a Wizard like Merlin and Yen Sid) or get a Keyblade yourself.

Well look what Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea, and Yen Sid have.

Gram

Banned
Awards
No, I meant the list of only Mickey and Scrouge having a gummi ship.

Ah I see, never mind. xD

Speaking of Lanes Between I wonder how long they stay open. Cause if it's only for so long Sora would have to reopen one each time he flies around. xD

Red Nova

The Gummi Ship was parked at Twilight Town. The gang went from The real TT to the simulated TT, and then to the World That Never Was, and then to the Realm of Darkness, where Sora opened the Door to Light. Yen Sid's tower is connected to TT through the railway, so he had access to the Gummi Ship and sent it to pick up Sora and Riku.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Wouldn't Yen Sid had to have done that shortly after the end of kh2 so that micky donald and goofy could get home though?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Re: How Did Sora and Riku Get To Yen Sid's Castle?

but wasnt the gummi ship parked at TWTNW at that time? They were all at DI.
Also, I always like to think the gummi ship is in orbit of the world and they teleport down star trek-style and use the save points to warp back. They were shown materializing out of nowhere in atlantica, and you never see the ship whenever they first land. I might be wrong, but I think I read an interview with Nomura somewhere where he said that this is how it works, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: I think Im probably actually just confusing this with an interview i saw with gene roddenberry about where he got the idea for the transporter, but im not sure.

You're right. They teleport down for Atlantica and The Pride Lands. In Deep Jungle they fly out of the sky (presumably their teleporter malfunctioned and just teleported them into the sky of the world).

Also I thought they couldn't travel between worlds via gummi ship anymore because the keyholes were closed and the worlds' barriers were back; thus causing them to use the dark corridors (which were then also closed after KH2).

So does anyone have a definitive answer to this? I just assumed Yen Sid teleported them throughout the worlds.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Also I thought they couldn't travel between worlds via gummi ship anymore because the keyholes were closed and the worlds' barriers were back

As kh2 stated early on the "worlds prepared new pathways along which they may travel" which was what opened each time sora unsealed a keyhole in kh2.

There is also the lanesbetween that should be there as well.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
As kh2 stated early on the "worlds prepared new pathways along which they may travel" which was what opened each time sora unsealed a keyhole in kh2.

There is also the lanesbetween that should be there as well.

But I thought all those keyholes were closed again (to the new pathways) after KH2. I think I remember hearing that in coded or something.

WarpChaos

That being said, how did Riku get Kairi in DDD? Did he get a gummi license?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Eel said:
But I thought all those keyholes were closed again (to the new pathways) after KH2. I think I remember hearing that in coded or something.
That was never stated in coded or any game. They'd have no reasons to close and even if they did, as I stated, you have the lanes between utilized by masters in the BBS era when gummi ships and pathways were non-existent.

Eraqus opened them during bbs for TAV to travel through and I'd assume any master can gain access to them because Yen Sid and Mickey was traveling somehow before BBS began.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm replaying DDD and the answer is very clear.
When Mickey finds out Maleficent has kidnapped Queen Minnie, the three of them take a gummi ship to Disney Castle.
At the end of Re:coded, Yen Sid tells Mickey to summon Sora and Riku. Therefore, it's only plausible that Mickey took the gummi ship to pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back