• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did Sora and Riku get to Yen Sid's Castle?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarpChaos

Did Mickey give them a ride, or what? Sora isn't protected to use a portal of darkness.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: How Did Sora and Riku Get To Yen Sid's Castle?

It had to be mickey or that Sora still has the gummi ship him and donald & goofy used in kh1-2. Riku can't even open the dark corridors anymore to worry about protection. =3

WarpChaos

I don't think he still had the ship. It belonged to the king.

Light

faster than
Awards

I'm pretty sure that Yen Sid sent a Gummi to pick him up. It was alluded to through the note I guess.

WarpChaos

Where the hell would Sora keep it?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I Would imagine that mickey went to go get sora and riku after speaking with yen sid. Either that or he remained at MT and ordered DG to bring them to MT

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Where the hell would Sora keep it?
Where they always have: parked right outside the world only accessible via Save Point.

Which still sounds ridiculous, despite it having been mentioned in KH1 XD

Korai

Awards

Yeah that's what he was referring to. I think its safe to assume that MGD used the ship to go home at the end of kh2
but wasnt the gummi ship parked at TWTNW at that time? They were all at DI.
Also, I always like to think the gummi ship is in orbit of the world and they teleport down star trek-style and use the save points to warp back. They were shown materializing out of nowhere in atlantica, and you never see the ship whenever they first land. I might be wrong, but I think I read an interview with Nomura somewhere where he said that this is how it works, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: I think Im probably actually just confusing this with an interview i saw with gene roddenberry about where he got the idea for the transporter, but im not sure.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If Yen Sid was able to get possession of it when it was abandoned at the end of KH1, then Sora sure as hell would be able to keep it around.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

but wasnt the gummi ship parked at TWTNW at that time? They were all at DI.

Autopilot? Chip and Dale have access to the ship's computer, as does Cid.

EDIT: I think Im probably actually just confusing this with an interview i saw with gene roddenberry about where he got the idea for the transporter, but im not sure.

I'm crying true tears. How do you get a Gene Roddenberry interview that is probably circa 1966-70 with something Nomura might have said (which he hasn't. rarely comments on the modes of travel except to say they exist and a brief rundown of what is sort of going on, though I think he should now xD)

Korai

Awards

Autopilot? Chip and Dale have access to the ship's computer, as does Cid.

I'm crying true tears. How do you get a Gene Roddenberry interview that is probably circa 1966-70 with something Nomura might have said (which he hasn't. rarely comments on the modes of travel except to say they exist and a brief rundown of what is sort of going on, though I think he should now xD)
I know, not very similar lol. Its been a long time since i saw the thing with the transporter and a long time since I saw some interview with nomura about the gummi ship (probably thinking of the secret directors report XIII, if anything) and i think i saw them around the same time, so I guess my brain grouped them as one interview while I was asleep or something XD

WarpChaos

Anyways, I would imagine gummi ships aren't cheap enoigh to give away all willy-nilly.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Given the abundance of gummi blocks during the period since Xehanort opened Radiant Garden's door to the end of kh1, I'd say Micky has more than enough to spare one ship especially when it's sora he'd be leaving it to.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Gummi ships are one of the biggest mysteries of KH by virtue of not being important outside of taking the characters from point A to point B. It's one of those things where the details ultimately don't matter, but for sake of argument looks look at the most plausible options:

A. Sora kept the gummi ship. It was given to him as a gift after all he had been through and just in case he wanted to pay a visit to old friends or had some business to take care of in other world. Seeing how KH2 ended and Blank Points though I don't think this is the case. They seem to imply that after all the craziness happened SRK were ready to get back to there normal lives and that going on any more adventures was an option. Plus, MDG had to get home somehow.

B. Sora and Riku were picked up/transported.
B-1. MDG came by DI and picked Sora and Riku up in the gummi ship. I think this is the most plausible explanation. The gummi ship effectively belonged, and probably still belongs, to Micky. While there are a lot of gummi pieces around were not informed on them enough to know how easy it is to make gummi ships, find the proper pieces, and how much of the tons off pieces we find scattered throughout the universe is just for game play. As far as we know only two ships have ever been made: one for Mickey and one for Scrooge McDuck. Since a ship was a gift to the former person it goes to show that Mickey is willing to give his ships away but for some reason he only has the one, currently.
Also, Riku was the one who picked up Kairi and since he doesn't use CoDs anymore and as far as we know he doesn't have any other mode of transportation I think we have to assume he went and got her in the gummi ship.
B-2. Yen Sid used his magic to transport Sora and Riku to his tower. This is pretty straight forward. Yen Sid is a powerful wizard and it wouldn't surprise me if he knew transportation spells.

C. Sora and Riku finally finished and used the fucking raft.

All in all I think the most plausible and simplest explanation is the gummi ship. Mickey and Co. just went to DI to pick up Sora and Riku and they went on their merry way to the Mysterious Tower.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
B-2. Yen Sid used his magic to transport Sora and Riku to his tower. This is pretty straight forward. Yen Sid is a powerful wizard and it wouldn't surprise me if he knew transportation spells.
Merlin could do it. Yen Sid should be able to as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back