• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did Riku get Destiny's Embrace (Speculation video)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gstkh2

Well, both Kairi and Riku got the power to use the Keyblade in BBS, right? Riku intentionally and Kairi accidentally.
And Keyblade masters, or those just as strong, have the power to pass the Keyblade onto, and sense its power within, others.
Riku was destined to become a Keyblade master in the upcoming game, so... it's very possible that he, like Aqua, had the power to sense that Kairi had latent Keyblade abilities within her.
It's also possible that he had the power to activate that potential inside her.
How? I'm not sure. But their hearts are all connected through Sora, and he was in trouble at that moment.
The Keyblade certainly has a habit of appearing to new wielders in sticky situations.
As for the Keyblade itself, it always manifests as someone's true weapon (Sora's Kingdom Key, Ventus' Wayward Wind, etc.) and Destiny's Embrace is undoubtedly her true weapon.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Well, both Kairi and Riku got the power to use the Keyblade in BBS, right? Riku intentionally and Kairi accidentally.
And Keyblade masters, or those just as strong, have the power to pass the Keyblade onto, and sense its power within, others.
Riku was destined to become a Keyblade master in the upcoming game, so... it's very possible that he, like Aqua, had the power to sense that Kairi had latent Keyblade abilities within her.
It's also possible that he had the power to activate that potential inside her.
How? I'm not sure. But their hearts are all connected through Sora, and he was in trouble at that moment.
The Keyblade certainly has a habit of appearing to new wielders in sticky situations.
As for the Keyblade itself, it always manifests as someone's true weapon (Sora's Kingdom Key, Ventus' Wayward Wind, etc.) and Destiny's Embrace is undoubtedly her true weapon.

Master Spockanort and TaoChan created a reasonable theory about this. The gist is, much like how Sora caught the light of Riku's keyblade in Destiny Islands, he just sort of caught her keyblade while it was materializing. Think of it as that jock that always comes up to you and your friend playing Frisbee in gym, grabs your Frisbee a foot in front of you, then hands it back and walks away. It's the most reasonable explanation we have so far, and I've already added it to my personal headcanon.

EDIT: I didn't see that Spockanort had already posted her theory in this thread! Haha sorry about that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back