• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did Lingering Will ended up in front of Sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
sorry if this in old topic but i really wanna know wasn't lingering will on top of the mountine? how did he end up on the ground i believe the mountine just came back down on it's on but when sora arrived in keyblade graveyard he suddenly appear how can lingering move on it's own was he looking for his body? maybe he sensed a keyblade wielder than he thought it was his body maybe what do you guys think

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Re: how did lingering Will ended up in front of sora?

The Lingering Will has always been there atop the rock mesa formed by Xehanort. Sora was taken to that place by a portal, which as we know can lead to all kinds of places.

The suit of armour is animated by the strength of Terra's thoughts (especially those with hatred of Xehanort), hence the name "Lingering Will". When Sora encountered it, it mistakenly identified him as Xehanort, leading to it going all bananas against him.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

I don't think they had thought it completely through when they put it in KH2FM, BBS went through a LOT of changes since the preview first appeared in KH2. The real answer is that the developers probably planned for the final showdown to happen on the ground, but for whatever reason the final battle ended up being on the top again to separate the characters endings.

Xehanort-X-blade

I don't think they had thought it completely through when they put it in KH2FM, BBS went through a LOT of changes since the preview first appeared in KH2. The real answer is that the developers probably planned for the final showdown to happen on the ground, but for whatever reason the final battle ended up being on the top again to separate the characters endings.
yeah they sure made alot of mistakes but even if battle in the ground lingering Will wasn't on the ground you can see he just get here out of nowhere suddenly appeared in front of sora maybe he was in the top of mountine cause he wasn't in the ground when sora arrived maybe teleport or moved on his own

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Same reason why his cape materlized out of nowhere: Rule of Cool. It's just cool to have it happen regardless of logic.

kreezy64

Awards

I thought the cape was only added to show that it ties in and is the same person you're battling in KH2FM?

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

maybe the reason the cape appears means only cause the armor see that terra worthy cause of his strenght lol kinda silly but interesting at the same time

The truth about the cape is that we were supposed to get them in BBS but they slowed the gameplay down drastically so they removed them. If anything I thought they were gonna take the cape off terra completely in kf2fm in 2.5 but instead they gave it to him after the final battle.

Xehanort-X-blade

The truth about the cape is that we were supposed to get them in BBS but they slowed the gameplay down drastically so they removed them. If anything I thought they were gonna take the cape off terra completely in kf2fm in 2.5 but instead they gave it to him after the final battle.
yea i know they were removed in bbs but maybe it's important how it show up like that

Gram

Banned
Awards

I thought the cape was only added to show that it ties in and is the same person you're battling in KH2FM?

More like it was only added in a 2.5 scene cause everyone kept whining they didn't get it in BBS. lol

Gram

Banned
Awards

Nor does it really need reason. LW, like any secret boss, was just thrown there to hint at something coming in a later game. Even Xemnas in KH1 didn't have explanation till some time later after KH2.

Xehanort-X-blade

Nor does it really need reason. LW, like any secret boss, was just thrown there to hint at something coming in a later game. Even Xemnas in KH1 didn't have explanation till some time later after KH2.
nah unlike lingering will xemnas had reason he went there to see sora in the secret battle we see that in KH2 like you said but lingering will can't move he changed place theres different xemnas reason was explaind unlike LS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

nah unlike lingering will xemnas had reason he went there to see sora in the secret battle but lingering will can't move

(No offense but's it's incredibly hard to decipher what the statement is saying without any form of punctuation at all. <__<)

You didn't really pay attention to what Gram said.
That Xemnas had a reason to go there was only told and established in 358/2 Days, years after the battle was first shown in KH 1.
Before that, the whole issue was just as random as the Lingering Will battle.

Xehanort-X-blade

(No offense but's it's incredibly hard to decipher what the statement is saying without any form of punctuation at all. <__<)

You didn't really pay attention to what Gram said.
That Xemnas had a reason to go there was only told and established in 358/2 Days, years after the battle was first shown in KH 1.
Before that, the whole issue was just as random as the Lingering Will battle.
dude i understand what gram said what i meant is xemnas went to see sora in KH1 that's why in KH2 he know him what i meant again how did LW changed his location that's what i meant xemnas had reason but LW wasn't explaind how he telebort like that

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

dude i understand what gram said what i meant is xemnas went to see sora in KH1 that's why in KH2 he know him what i meant again how did LW changed his location that's what i meant xemnas had reason but LW wasn't explaind how he telebort like that

Obviously you didn't get the whole message behind it or you wouldn't continue to talk about the same things.
The context of the whole issue and the comparison of the secret bosses Unknown (Xemnas) in KH 1 FM and the Lingering Will (KH2 FM) is that there is no need to give a reason for something as insignificant as a small location change.
The Lingering Will in KH 2 FM also has a Keyblade without Keychain while in BBS the Keyblade does have a Keychain.
In the secret ending of KH 2 FM Ventus is also shown being left-handed while in all other appearances he shows up in he wields his Keyblade with the right hand.
These are small differences between installments of the series that do not really need to be explained.

Xehanort-X-blade

i don't have time for arguing =_= i know what gram said and yeah i know they did that fight to hint of BBS my question was how he appeared out of nowere but theres no answer for it they just wanted him to fight sora that's all so please stop saying i didn't understand what he meant it's just a question

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'm sorry but you obviously didn't get what I said at all. And given the context of the argument with Sephiroth0812 there's no reason to try and explain it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back