• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How DID anyone win the million dreams award

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

How did they win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

After a while of thinking about KH like i usually do, I realized something,
How can anyone win the million dreams award if there are so few people in Disney Town to begin with?
Seriously, think about it:
*Ven helps Huey Dewey and Louie with their Ice cream machine, securing (I assume) 3 votes
*Terra beats Pete at Rumble racing, giving Chip and Dale something to gloat about earning him 2 votes
*Aqua helping out Horace with fruitball nets her 1 vote, and this is CERTAIN because he even says "Aqua here has earned my vote"
So that leaves Ven as the clear cut winner, but all 3 of them WIN?!?!? HOW?!?! are Daisy and Minnie voting behind the scenes to boost Aqua's scores? does Pluto count as Terra's 3rd vote? this makes no sense!
Let me know what you guys think, How was this calculated?

okhi12

Awards
The town is supposed to have more citizens that we don't see, but I don't get why they would vote for TAV. I never thought about that. The thing that bugs me is, who was really present when the winners were announced? Because in each story, the playable character was present while the other two had already left that world. It does not make sense, 3 different ice creams were given to 3 different characters but it was supposed to be only one award, and each one accepted it in the name of the other two. Who is the canon receiver of the award? I guess I'm supposed to choose whoever I want as canon, but the game was doing a pretty good job with weaving and timing Terra, Aqua and Ven's stories together, until they ruined it with something as stupid as the Disney Town festival which was nothing but irrelevant stuff. If there is something I hate about BBS it has to be that.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I think Aqua is supposed to be the canonical winner since most playthroughs recommend TVA or VTA order. I usually play Terra last though because I think deserves something good for what he's about to go through.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
My personal take on the Disney Town experience is that the three of them were all voted together as a unit, like a team, so that it wasn't just Aqua getting a vote or Ven or Terra, but a vote for one counted as a vote for all three. Then it would make sense that they win because everyone they helped separately allowed them all to win the award over everyone else. I like imagining it that way because it feels more like they "helped" each other get the prize as well, rather than just doing it all themselves and all...managing to tie? Exactly how?

As far as the scene of them accepting the award...yeah there really should only be one ceremony, but I choose to believe that it is Aqua who gets the award because she is in the world last, according to the official timeline. I believe Terra and Ven also leave the world before Aqua even gets there so it wouldn't make a lick of sense for them to have the ceremony before she even arrives, especially if she is supposedly a winner on the same level.

OOOOOOOR...

See, what really happened was Pete went back in time after learning about time travel from Maleficent post Coded/pre KH3 and he really wanted that dream award, having nothing better to do with his time, so he went back and his interference actually split the timeline into three separate universes. Pete is clumsy after all, and his time jumping cannonball actually caused a massive ripple in the pool of space. This is what spawned different ice creams for each character. Alternate realities, alternate ice cream. But the world's heart remembered who the true winners were (so they didn't get that part wrong in the scene) and Pete was SOL because he split the timeline too late. A..."banana split", if you will. The alternate realities caused a disturbance in the fabric of space-time and ultimately collapsed in on themselves much like the failed gingerbread house I tried making this year. So we never see the repercussions of having them open. Why did they cause a disturbance?

The ice cream. The ice cream is the key to it all. The alternate ice cream flavors that should never have existed constantly overwriting each other over and over, caused such a massive heat burst spike from the friction alone that the entire world began to internally combust until it was nothing but a massive searing conflagration in the night sky that caused stargazers everywhere to gape at in horror asking: "why?". All that was left was the original timeline. See, by including all three scenes in BBS, Nomura was subtly trying to hint that ice cream is at the heart of everything. It is all things.

And there can only be one ice cream.

I guess I'm supposed to choose whoever I want as canon, but the game was doing a pretty good job with weaving and timing Terra, Aqua and Ven's stories together, until they ruined it with something as stupid as the Disney Town festival which was nothing but irrelevant stuff. If there is something I hate about BBS it has to be that.

I was doing my own novelization of the KH series for years (before they even made the official ones) and when I got to BBS I was so irritated at all of the little places where the timeline is JUUUST off enough. And while I agree that the million dreams award was a huge annoyance to me to deal with (because like you said, what, are we supposed to assume the other cut scenes we watched didn't happen? Or are there multiple universes?) shockingly the most egregious "timeline error" that I found was actually near the start of the game.

...ahem.

Mini rant starts here: Why, in the name of all that is holy, does it take Aqua so ridiculously long to get to her first Disney world? (Castle of Dreams)? Why? I mean, all three characters are in Land of Departure. Ven runs down the stairs to see Terra leaving. Terra heads straight to Enchanted Dominion. Ven follows immediately after, takes a longer route and ends up in Dwarf Woodlands. Aqua sees Ven leaving, tries to catch him, but is unable to. She immediately takes off to chase him. So far, so good. Everyone should be landing in their first world. But is this what happens? Oh no. Not even close.
Terra's stay in Enchanted Dominion is noticeably short, as he storms off shortly after messing up with Aurora and beating up the boss, then lands in Dwarf Woodlands. Ven and Terra nearly cross paths in Dwarf Woodlands, proving that their timelines are almost in sync here. All the time it took Ven to mess around with chasing dwarves around in the stupid mining carts made up for the time it took Terra to finish his first world. But, uh...where is Aqua? Nowhere, apparently.
Ven leaves Dwarf Woodlands first, stumbles upon Cinderella and helps her make her dream dress for the ball. Terra comes upon the scene right as Ven leaves, basically, and does his part to get her there. NOW we finally find Aqua. She is arriving as Terra is leaving.
I mean...what the hell. Seriously. It took Aqua all that time JUST to get to her first world? In the time it took Terra to beat THREE worlds, Ven has completed two, and she is JUST arriving?? Like...if you don't pay attention too much to the timeline, as Aqua, it just seems like "oh! there's Terra!" and you assume he spent his time in that world in the time she was traveling, but if you actually pay attention you realize that isn't the case, he did WAY more than that, and it's all ludicrous. What was she doing? Flying along the scenic path? While she is desperate to chase Ven down? Ugh...infuriating.
Don't even get me started on "worlds run at different time speeds" because even if Terra and Ven's visits to three (and two, respectively) worlds took like...a second relatively, she still should have been right behind them and we know that isn't the case because Ven and Terra's timelines sync up in a way that makes perfect sense.
Trust me, writing a game-accurate novelization of BBS is a massive chore because you have to take huge liberties to explain the time difference. (I ended up just making something up for her to do in the meantime because how the hell else can you explain it?)
-rant over-

Sorry about that.

okhi12

Awards
My personal take on the Disney Town experience is that the three of them were all voted together as a unit, like a team, so that it wasn't just Aqua getting a vote or Ven or Terra, but a vote for one counted as a vote for all three. Then it would make sense that they win because everyone they helped separately allowed them all to win the award over everyone else. I like imagining it that way because it feels more like they "helped" each other get the prize as well, rather than just doing it all themselves and all...managing to tie? Exactly how?

As far as the scene of them accepting the award...yeah there really should only be one ceremony, but I choose to believe that it is Aqua who gets the award because she is in the world last, according to the official timeline. I believe Terra and Ven also leave the world before Aqua even gets there so it wouldn't make a lick of sense for them to have the ceremony before she even arrives, especially if she is supposedly a winner on the same level.

OOOOOOOR...

See, what really happened was Pete went back in time after learning about time travel from Maleficent post Coded/pre KH3 and he really wanted that dream award, having nothing better to do with his time, so he went back and his interference actually split the timeline into three separate universes. Pete is clumsy after all, and his time jumping cannonball actually caused a massive ripple in the pool of space. This is what spawned different ice creams for each character. Alternate realities, alternate ice cream. But the world's heart remembered who the true winners were (so they didn't get that part wrong in the scene) and Pete was SOL because he split the timeline too late. A..."banana split", if you will. The alternate realities caused a disturbance in the fabric of space-time and ultimately collapsed in on themselves much like the failed gingerbread house I tried making this year. So we never see the repercussions of having them open. Why did they cause a disturbance?

The ice cream. The ice cream is the key to it all. The alternate ice cream flavors that should never have existed constantly overwriting each other over and over, caused such a massive heat burst spike from the friction alone that the entire world began to internally combust until it was nothing but a massive searing conflagration in the night sky that caused stargazers everywhere to gape at in horror asking: "why?". All that was left was the original timeline. See, by including all three scenes in BBS, Nomura was subtly trying to hint that ice cream is at the heart of everything. It is all things.

And there can only be one ice cream.

I was doing my own novelization of the KH series for years (before they even made the official ones) and when I got to BBS I was so irritated at all of the little places where the timeline is JUUUST off enough. And while I agree that the million dreams award was a huge annoyance to me to deal with (because like you said, what, are we supposed to assume the other cut scenes we watched didn't happen? Or are there multiple universes?) shockingly the most egregious "timeline error" that I found was actually near the start of the game.

...ahem.

Mini rant starts here: Why, in the name of all that is holy, does it take Aqua so ridiculously long to get to her first Disney world? (Castle of Dreams)? Why? I mean, all three characters are in Land of Departure. Ven runs down the stairs to see Terra leaving. Terra heads straight to Enchanted Dominion. Ven follows immediately after, takes a longer route and ends up in Dwarf Woodlands. Aqua sees Ven leaving, tries to catch him, but is unable to. She immediately takes off to chase him. So far, so good. Everyone should be landing in their first world. But is this what happens? Oh no. Not even close.
Terra's stay in Enchanted Dominion is noticeably short, as he storms off shortly after messing up with Aurora and beating up the boss, then lands in Dwarf Woodlands. Ven and Terra nearly cross paths in Dwarf Woodlands, proving that their timelines are almost in sync here. All the time it took Ven to mess around with chasing dwarves around in the stupid mining carts made up for the time it took Terra to finish his first world. But, uh...where is Aqua? Nowhere, apparently.
Ven leaves Dwarf Woodlands first, stumbles upon Cinderella and helps her make her dream dress for the ball. Terra comes upon the scene right as Ven leaves, basically, and does his part to get her there. NOW we finally find Aqua. She is arriving as Terra is leaving.
I mean...what the hell. Seriously. It took Aqua all that time JUST to get to her first world? In the time it took Terra to beat THREE worlds, Ven has completed two, and she is JUST arriving?? Like...if you don't pay attention too much to the timeline, as Aqua, it just seems like "oh! there's Terra!" and you assume he spent his time in that world in the time she was traveling, but if you actually pay attention you realize that isn't the case, he did WAY more than that, and it's all ludicrous. What was she doing? Flying along the scenic path? While she is desperate to chase Ven down? Ugh...infuriating.
Don't even get me started on "worlds run at different time speeds" because even if Terra and Ven's visits to three (and two, respectively) worlds took like...a second relatively, she still should have been right behind them and we know that isn't the case because Ven and Terra's timelines sync up in a way that makes perfect sense.
Trust me, writing a game-accurate novelization of BBS is a massive chore because you have to take huge liberties to explain the time difference. (I ended up just making something up for her to do in the meantime because how the hell else can you explain it?)
-rant over-

Sorry about that.

Yep, I forgot that but you made me remember, I thought the same back then. I have not seen the timeline chart since I played the PSP version years ago. I did not bother to see the trinity report again when playing 2.5. It would have made much more sense if Eraqus explained the secrets of Land of Departure to Aqua after Ven left, before she went after him. That would explain that she arrived late to her first world. But no, Eraqus shared his Keyblade Master secret knowledge with her before, while Terra was talking with Xehanort and Ven met Vanitas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back