• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Could Vanitas Truly Be...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
@ HeartSeams WTF!? Awh...I kinda regret reading that. Oh well, nothing major. So, I suppose that old theory was accurate all along. The outfit can both be traced back to Xehanort. But before that, does Riku inherit anything from Xehanort's Heartless because if he didn't, it would basically mean that the outfits are still unconnected.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
He really isn't that great. The only thing that makes him different from the other villains in the series is that he calls people idiots. Other than that, he's kind of lackluster, and is still only second to MX.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Sure there is, Vanitas was destroyed.
Plus, the Fairy Godmother says so.

Because he's a tough motherfucker?

*smacks head*

Look, I just argued how he WASN'T destroyed.

I recall the fairy godmother only saying that light CAN'T destroy darkness. Which is further proof that Ven, pure light, can't destroy Vanitas, pure darkness.

Does anyone think it's possible that Vanitas might have split into two parts and went into Sora and Riku?

Now if this were the case, it would be VERY interesting. though I'm not sure how it could be.

He really isn't that great. The only thing that makes him different from the other villains in the series is that he calls people idiots. Other than that, he's kind of lackluster, and is still only second to MX.

He does more than that. And he seemed to have an agenda of his own. In fact, in Ven's storyline, it seemed like Vanitas was trying to release Aqua's darkness rather than kill her (he took the same stance that Xehanort did when he made Vanitas and waited quite a while to stab Aqua. Plus, in Neverland, Vanitas was gone when Aqua woke up and Peter Pan made no mention of him, which implies that for some reason, Vanitas spared her. So I think he was planning to release her darkness, get the X-Blade, and overthrow MX)

That whole possibility, if true, makes him an even greater villain.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
*smacks head*

Look, I just argued how he WASN'T destroyed.
Except your only real proof is the statement "darkness can't be destroyed", which means, if it can, then your entire argument has no ground.

I recall the fairy godmother only saying that light CAN'T destroy darkness.
Yes, and if light can't destroy it, that means something ELSE can.
Ergo, darkness can be destroyed.

Which is further proof that Ven, pure light, can't destroy Vanitas, pure darkness.
Just because Ven is pure light doesn't mean he used light to destroy Vanitas.
There's more to it than that.

He does more than that. And he seemed to have an agenda of his own. In fact, in Ven's storyline, it seemed like Vanitas was trying to release Aqua's darkness rather than kill her (he took the same stance that Xehanort did when he made Vanitas and waited quite a while to stab Aqua. Plus, in Neverland, Vanitas was gone when Aqua woke up and Peter Pan made no mention of him, which implies that for some reason, Vanitas spared her. So I think he was planning to release her darkness, get the X-Blade, and overthrow MX)
I don't think that shows he was going to overthrow MX at all, just that he and MX had discussed a backup plan (being Aqua).
Throughout the whole game, Vanitas doesn't even give hints that he would want to overthrow MX. He does pretty much everything he says.

xStarSeekerx

woah woah.

just to get something Straight here darkness cant be destroyed.

HOWEVER!

A heart of darkness CAN be destroyed. and the darkness that was in it will just become darkness, the same darkness you see in you closet at night.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
woah woah.

just to get something Straight here darkness cant be destroyed.

HOWEVER!

A heart of darkness CAN be destroyed. and the darkness that was in it will just become darkness, the same darkness you see in you closet at night.
Darkness -can- be destroyed. Just because you can't have light without darkness doesn't mean that darkness or light can't be destroyed in other ways.
If darkness can be born from nothing, then it makes just as much sense for it to be able to be destroyed.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I think Vanitas himself was destroyed. Meaning body, mind, personality, and soul. However, his darkness can't be destroyed, and who knows what happened to it since Ven's heart is totally in the shitter right now.

Oh new thought, what if to save Ven, Sora has to retrieves Ven's dakness from somewhere, and it could end up as a fight with Vanitas

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh new thought, what if to save Ven, Sora has to retrieves Ven's dakness from somewhere, and it could end up as a fight with Vanitas

Awesome, in short THIS is what I want to happen.
Sora some day some time some where fighting Vanitas. Sickest boss ever against our main protaganist of the series. the shit goes down untill one man stands..

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Except your only real proof is the statement "darkness can't be destroyed", which means, if it can, then your entire argument has no ground.

Yes, and if light can't destroy it, that means something ELSE can.
Ergo, darkness can be destroyed.

Just because Ven is pure light doesn't mean he used light to destroy Vanitas.
There's more to it than that.

I don't think that shows he was going to overthrow MX at all, just that he and MX had discussed a backup plan (being Aqua).
Throughout the whole game, Vanitas doesn't even give hints that he would want to overthrow MX. He does pretty much everything he says.

The fairy godmother admitted that she didn't know what could destroy the darkness. So, HOW could she know it can be destroyed if she doesn't know WHAT can destroy it? Sounds like she's contradicting herself there and just HOPES that something can destroy the darkness.

And Vanitas clearly told Aqua that he no longer needed her as a plan B (and proceeded to spare her after that battle). And why would he even need her at the graveyard if he DID change his mind? Ven was frozen solid, Vanitas could join with him then and there.

Let's address some of my theory's other points...

explain this...if darkness can be destroyed, then why could Riku only defeat Xehanort's Heartless and never truly finish him off? After beating him in COM, Riku said he felt Ansem SOD's presence still.

Obviously there's no convincing you. But hey, believe what you will.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
The fairy godmother admitted that she didn't know what could destroy the darkness. So, HOW could she know it can be destroyed if she doesn't know WHAT can destroy it? Sounds like she's contradicting herself there and just HOPES that something can destroy the darkness.
She didn't admit that =/

Aqua: A pure heart filled with light... It's strange, The Master taught me
darkness needs to be destroyed. But how, if not with light?

Fairy Godmother: Oh, my dear, you're too young to know. Experience more things,
and you'll find the answer. Just trust in your dreams.

And Vanitas clearly told Aqua that he no longer needed her as a plan B (and proceeded to spare her after that battle). And why would he even need her at the graveyard if he DID change his mind? Ven was frozen solid, Vanitas could join with him then and there.
At that part he was about to kill her, like MX told him too.

explain this...if darkness can be destroyed, then why could Riku only defeat Xehanort's Heartless and never truly finish him off? After beating him in COM, Riku said he felt Ansem SOD's presence still.
I already addressed this, because he's a tough mofo.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
She didn't admit that =/

Aqua: A pure heart filled with light... It's strange, The Master taught me
darkness needs to be destroyed. But how, if not with light?

Fairy Godmother: Oh, my dear, you're too young to know. Experience more things,
and you'll find the answer. Just trust in your dreams.

At that part he was about to kill her, like MX told him too.

I already addressed this, because he's a tough mofo.

Forgive me on the first part. That was back with the english sub in the japanese version. My mistake. =(

Well, if Vanitas was ACTUALLY gonna kill her, he would have just stabbed her in a second or two, not take his sweet time and mimic the stance Master Xehanort used to unleash Ven's darkness. And if he REALLY wanted to kill her, he would have done it even when Ven screamed "NO!" instead of staring at him. So from what I can see, he didn't have any intention of killing her.

And how do you explain the Neverland incident? When Aqua wakes up, Vanitas is gone and Peter Pan doesn't mention him. Thus Vanitas must have woken up first, but if he wanted to kill her, it only would have taken a few seconds to crawl over and stab her with his Keyblade.

So Ansem SOD is a tough MOFO and Vanitas isn't? that's unfair to Vanitas.

Vanitas is a part of Ven. They share the same heart. Ven can't destroy his darkness. He can weaken it to the point where Vanitas will exert no influence without regaining power, but he can never destroy it.

Tell me, what evidence is there that Vanitas was destroyed besides him fading in orbs of light and the station changing (both of which I've explained in this theory)?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Well, if Vanitas was ACTUALLY gonna kill her, he would have just stabbed her in a second or two, not take his sweet time and mimic the stance Master Xehanort used to unleash Ven's darkness. And if he REALLY wanted to kill her, he would have done it even when Ven screamed "NO!" instead of staring at him. So from what I can see, he didn't have any intention of killing her.
Or, he was just doing it slowly for dramatic tension. That, or it was to tease Ven into fightiing with him, and thereby forging the X-Blade.
I don't see how any of that proves he magically had an awesome hidden agenda.

And how do you explain the Neverland incident? When Aqua wakes up, Vanitas is gone and Peter Pan doesn't mention him. Thus Vanitas must have woken up first, but if he wanted to kill her, it only would have taken a few seconds to crawl over and stab her with his Keyblade.
He was weakened, so he fled. Or, you know, he decided to save it for later, since it could help motivate Ven to fight him, and help push Terra over the edge (pretty much exactly what Braig said he'd do, more or less).

So Ansem SOD is a tough MOFO and Vanitas isn't? that's unfair to Vanitas.
Vanitas has the body of a fifteen year old. He is not nearly as strong as MX or his heart. Xehanort's Heartless is far stronger than Vanitas is.

Vanitas is a part of Ven. They share the same heart. Ven can't destroy his darkness. He can weaken it to the point where Vanitas will exert no influence without regaining power, but he can never destroy it.
You still have no proof of that. Him destroying Vanitas completely would also make more sense for the story. Destroying Vanitas would mean that Ven destroyed a part of his heart, which makes sense as to why Ven's heart becomes fractured again.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Or, he was just doing it slowly for dramatic tension. That, or it was to tease Ven into fightiing with him, and thereby forging the X-Blade.
I don't see how any of that proves he magically had an awesome hidden agenda.

He was weakened, so he fled. Or, you know, he decided to save it for later, since it could help motivate Ven to fight him, and help push Terra over the edge (pretty much exactly what Braig said he'd do, more or less).

Vanitas has the body of a fifteen year old. He is not nearly as strong as MX or his heart. Xehanort's Heartless is far stronger than Vanitas is.

You still have no proof of that. Him destroying Vanitas completely would also make more sense for the story. Destroying Vanitas would mean that Ven destroyed a part of his heart, which makes sense as to why Ven's heart becomes fractured again.

Listen, if Vanitas wanted to kill Aqua, he would have immediately done it. And again, even if he was weakened in Neverland, one simple stroke of the Keyblade and Aqua would be history.

And why did he have to enrage Ven? Ven was frozen! He could have just fused with him then and there.

Forget his body, Vanitas's fighting skills are 10x as good as Xehanort's Heartless. The BBS fighters are the strongest characters we've seen so far.

Or maybe that Ven destroying the X-Blade weakened his heart. It may not have destroyed it like Vanitas said, but it certainly damaged it enough to force him to fully become part of Sora's heart.

Now I understand where you're coming from on each of these points. But I just see too much evidence to ignore. Vanitas survived, and he's going to return.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
And why did he have to enrage Ven? Ven was frozen! He could have just fused with him then and there.
Because he needed them to fight, that was the whole point.

Forget his body, Vanitas's fighting skills are 10x as good as Xehanort's Heartless. The BBS fighters are the strongest characters we've seen so far.
Vanitas is weaker in my eyes.

Or maybe that Ven destroying the X-Blade weakened his heart. It may not have destroyed it like Vanitas said, but it certainly damaged it enough to force him to fully become part of Sora's heart.
The cutscene is called "The Return of the Fractured Heart" or so, this means, his heart actually broke, it's missing something. It's not "weakened" a chunk of his heart was destroyed.

But I just see too much evidence to ignore. Vanitas survived, and he's going to return.
You don't even really HAVE evidence =/

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
What evidence? Didn't Vanitas get defeated by Ventus? Which is the whole fucking reason Ven is in a coma?

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
What evidence? Didn't Vanitas get defeated by Ventus? Which is the whole fucking reason Ven is in a coma?

This is an assumption people are making that was never stated in the game. Yen Sid said that Ven was asleep because his heart had left him, and if it came back, he would wake up. Now, if Vanitas was actually destroyed and caused Ven's heart to be incomplete, his heart wouldn't wake up his body even IF it returned because it's still incomplete. Thus I think that the X-Blade being destroyed didn't destroy their hearts like Vanitas said it would (after all, Ven's heart was intact after it was destroyed), but rather, weakened their combined heart and forced Ven to become part of Sora.

But hey, just my perspective again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back