• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How come not many Final Fantasy VI characters have appeared in the Kingdom Hearts series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaDragon

Awards
Setzer Gabbiani is the only Final Fantasy VI character that has appeared in the series so far. But I don't get why more VI characters haven't appeared in the series yet. Final Fantasy VI is a very popular game, and is probably one of the most popular Final Fantasy games in the whole series.

Like I don't get at all why Square hasn't put Final Fantasy VI characters like "Terra Branford", "Locke Cole", "Edgar Roni Figaro", "Shadow", "Cyan Garamonde", "Sabin Rene Fagaro", "Celes Chere", and "Kefka Palazzo" in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Having those Final Fantasy characters in the Kingdom Hearts series would make the series more interesting in my opinion. [FONT=arial,sans-serif-light,sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Tetsuya Nomura mostly puts Final Fantasy characters into his video games that he actually designed, such as Cloud Strife, and as such has not really given the opportunity to other characters that he may have not designed. Setzer was an exception to the rule, but was completely redesigned and re-contextualized for his cameo role. Nomura could decide to have more FFVI characters in the series for the future, but would we really want him to? YouTubers like Cosmonaut Variety Hour bring up his major flaw as a writer: that he doesn't understand the character of the people he designed previously, and as such completely changes characters, such as Cloud Strife, due to not understanding who they were and where they came from.

tl;dr Nomura doesn't usually pick people that he didn't design, and Setzer being an exception isn't a good thing nor something that I would say hints to more FFVI in the future.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Tetsuya Nomura mostly puts Final Fantasy characters into his video games that he actually designed

Nomura is credited for having done the original designs for Setzer and Shadow. Obviously this lends support for why he chose Setzer, but it is entirely plausible that this same reasoning could mean we may see Shadow. However, given his name that may be a bit difficult as it would easily be mistaken for an already established character(s?) in the KH universe.

Pokie

It's a GOOD thing because Setzer became a manchild who beat up children in a children's game and got sad when he lost. KH2 Setzer is just embarrassing.

Veevee

Awards
It's a GOOD thing because Setzer became a manchild who beat up children in a children's game and got sad when he lost. KH2 Setzer is just embarrassing.

Yeah, that's exactly why I don't get why people would want more Final Fantasy characters in the game. Many of them are so different in a bad way (Emo-Cloud, Creep Kid Vivi, One Word Fuu, "You know"-Rai) that I feel it's more of a parody than a cameo. I don't want to say that their character has to stay the exact same - it's a different universe, after all - but if you change them so much that you can barely recognize them, there's no point for me to put them in. I liked Yuffie, Aerith, Cid and Leon though. The guys from KH1 were pretty fine because they had at least presentations you didn't have to be ashamed of.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Further FF cameos should be thoroughly examined by the writing team. Maybe it's the reason as to why we've been getting very limited FF cameos nowadays in KH games. And I have a very bad feeling that Ienzo will replace Squall and the gang. We haven't seen those guys since KH2, and they were canned for BBS for the same reason some characters aren't getting screentime in this game: too much ground to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back