• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How close were Ansem and Ienzeo really?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Did Ansem care?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flurry

Hey so you all know how Ienzeo is Zexion's somebody right? And how Ienzeo was really close with Ansem. So do you think Ansem felt any sadness when Zexion fadded away?

jordand

Since ansem is smarter than anyone else. He probably figured if his nobody was destroyed than that only leaves his heartless to be destroyed in order for him to return to his original self.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Yeah, Ansem probably did care about Ienzo. Because, after all, Ienzo's parents were Ansem's apprentice. So, I guess he felt obligated to help take care of the boy. But, after the events after BBS where Ienzo along with the other five betrayed him, he probably felt pissed and wanted to destroy all of them. So, I bet he felt relieved after Zexion's death.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I don't know. Going by the secret ending, Ienzo seemed to be suspicious of Xehanort and Braig. So maybe Ienzo didn't really betray Ansem, maybe Ienzo only pretended to betray Ansem in order to get close to Xemnas and Xigbar and find out what their planning. Going by the scene with Xigbar and Zexion in KH2FM it gave me that same feeling. I think there is more to Ienzo/Zexion than we know. So Ienzo/Zexion may still feel close to Ansem as he only pretended to turn against him, But I would say Ansem believing Iezon turned against him truly he began to hate him.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, Ansem probably did care about Ienzo. Because, after all, Ienzo's parents were Ansem's apprentice. So, I guess he felt obligated to help take care of the boy. But, after the events after BBS where Ienzo along with the other five betrayed him, he probably felt pissed and wanted to destroy all of them. So, I bet he felt relieved after Zexion's death.

Ienzo's parents weren't Ansem's apprentices. How did you come to that conclusion? o.o

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Wait....when was this mentioned? o_O

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
it wasnt ienzos parents were dead so diz adopted him.

That was what I thought.....sorry, when you spend so much extra time researching the facts of a series like this because a lot of key points aren't just explained in the game *glares at Nomura* you get touchy when people start spouting about new occurrences that you'd thought you had covered. -_-

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Well, Even said that he was in charge of watching Ienzo and mentioned that his parents were gone. So, I figured that Ansem just had to take care of Ienzo, because there was no one else to take of him. I don't know much about Ienzo's parents. So, I guess I am just jumping to conclusions.

But, either way you look at it. I bet Ansem must have felt hurt that his own 'adopted' son would betray him like that, instead of sticking by his side. What I don't get are the intentions of the apprentices. What did they seek?

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
What I don't get are the intentions of the apprentices. What did they seek?

They wanted to learn more about the darkness and the heart. Shit happened. Beyond that, we'll never know, because Nomura's blown his previous opportunities to expand on their backstory. Now I'm so tired of revisiting the past, that I just want to move on; with the exception of maybe Axel (Lea), Saix (Isa), Xigbar (Braig), and Zexion (Ienzo), I'm not interested in learning more about the members' past.

CreativeGenius13

I don't think Ienzo was lead through the act of betrayal. He himself may not have even know he was doing it. He looks to be around 5 or so but, with looks in these games, you really can't say the age.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Yeah, I guess so. The older apprentices were probably lead into it. Even wanted to study Xehanort's Heart and since Even (well from what we see in BBS) was looking after Ienzo. (By the way, I think Ienzo is around seven or eight, but like you said you can't tell). So, what do little kids usually do when they have an adult that's doing something? They usually want to be just like the adult. So, I think Ienzo was just curious like all kids his age are, naive and don't think about the consequences.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I think Ansem cared about Ienzeo. I also think Ansem was close to Ienzeo. However when Ansem saw that he had turn into a nobody and sent him into the RoD he must have felt sad at first but then realized that he is only his adopted son.

Still would it interesting it Ansem did have a real son who was taken by the heartless. That's why he then adopted Ienzeo.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I think he was just curious and wanted to be like the adults. You know how little kids are. They always want to do something the adult is doing.

Fallen Prince

I wanna believe that Ienzo was forced to accept the darkness. I just get that feeling that Even or one of the others decided to test children to see how the darkness can temper with age. Something along the lines of, a child being born from darkness into a world of light and then being forced to accept the darkness inside them. I wanna say that they wanted to see how it would affect a child to expose him to vast amounts of darkness.
I also wanna say the same thing about what happened to Lea and Isa, as a way to kind of explain the psychological effects of why they act the way they do (i.e. Axel's glee at killing.) But thats my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back