• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How can Terra be Xehanort?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
But then again, Roxas and Namine (and perhaps even Xemnas) were special Nobodies.

Yes Xemnas is a special Nobody because in CoM it's said that Xehanort was like Sora and that he turned into a Heartless and Xemnas was made but Xehanort became a human again and since Xemnas was around at the same time as his Somebody (at least for a time) he would be considered a special Nobody. Here is the link where they talk about there being one other person that did what Sora did: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - Chapter 17

Last edited:

captain

Bronze Member
are you joking? its been said by nomura....
IIRC, Nomura said so.
Link plz? :)

It's in the Secret Ansem Reports.

Oh? Hmm.. Thank you!

also it seems maleficent did something to terra and he should be "sleeping" does anyone know what that means?

In the movie Sleeping Beauty, when Aurora falls asleep so does the rest of the Enchanted Dominion. Terra is obviously in this world when the spell takes place yet for some reason he is not affected, sparking Malifacent's interest.

TwilightSorku

Well from my point of view, Terra could be very well be Xehanort for the following points

1.) The trailer shows a scene where Master Xehanort and Terra talking about their personal darkness and Xehanort tells Terra to control it
2.) Terra is said to be falling into darkness by Maleficent
3.) Vanitas mentions in the trailer that Terra's existence is fading
4.) Master Xehanort said that who fall to darkness are unfit to to wield a keyblade
5.) Removing the X in Xehanort leads to a anagram "No Earth", which in conjunction to point 3 would make sense as no earth could imply that a earth that was once there but no more
6.) Terra's physical similarities to Xemnas and Ansem SoD
7.) Terra's blue eyes changing to yellow in the trailer
8.) (Unclarified) Xehanort finding and opening the door of Radiant Garden, which could be limited to potential, current and former keyblade warriors

So from these points, I can get that prior to searching Master Xehanort, Terra had darkness in his heart and Xehanort senses it and tells Terra to control it. Eventually, Terra follows Xehanort and while following him he is slowly succumbing to his darkness. Then during some point in time in the story, Vanitas and Ven fight and during the battle Vanitas tells Ven that Terra's existence is fading... Sooner or later, Aqua and Ven meet Maleficent, who tells them that Terra is falling into darkness... Then somewhere in the end, Terra falls to darkness completely and has a complete personality change due to it, including changing his eye color. He was defeated by Aqua, Ven and Vanitas , with his ability to wield a keyblade stripped, and left in Radiant Garden with Ansem the Wise's care. After that, we all know what happens afterwards....

Well this is just my personal assumption...

Xehanort="No Earth" Really? Terra="Earth"
"No Earth" = "No Terra" hmmm
Body of Xehanort ="Terra"?
Then Soul and Heart = ???

Just speculating but man that is scary thinking about it with those kind of facts

There was a part in the jump Trailer when MX Said "i have been tired of waiting for you Terra to cross the path from Light to Darkness TO ME"

Last edited:

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Maybe the Xehanort we know is just Vanitas. I mean they haven't shown his face and his name means emptiness.

Vanitas is more likely to be connected to Riku.

-His eyes turn yellow, as if to tell us blatantly that it's hinting at Ansem's heartless.

XH had orange/amber eyes. We do not know for sure if they mean the same thing yellow/golden eyes do.

-Xemnas calls Aqua's armor "friend."

That could be several different things:
-Xemnas might actually know who Aqua is and that she was his friend at one time.
-Xemnas might recognize the armor and know that it connects to his past, just not how, with the word "friend" being a lack of a better term.
-Xemnas might call the armor "friend" because he's been to see it several times before.
-Xemnas could be using the word in a sarcastic sense.

but anything is possible so who knows...

Incorrect. Not everything is possible.
The KH universe still has rules and restrictions that have to be followed.

Wouldn't it be cool if Roxas was Vens nobody?

No, that would be horrible.

In the movie Sleeping Beauty, when Aurora falls asleep so does the rest of the Enchanted Dominion. Terra is obviously in this world when the spell takes place yet for some reason he is not affected, sparking Malifacent's interest.

Everyone else fell asleep because the Three Good Fairies put them to sleep.

Xehanort="No Earth"

Coincidence.
Nomura has only confirmed "No Heart" and "Another" as the important anagrams.

There was a part in the jump Trailer when MX Said "i have been tired of waiting for you Terra to cross the path from Light to Darkness TO ME"

MX said:
Master Xehanort said:
Cross the wall between Light and Darkness to my origin. I'm tired of waiting for you Terra.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
-Xemnas might actually know who Aqua is and that she was his friend at one time.
-Xemnas might recognize the armor and know that it connects to his past, just not how, with the word "friend" being a lack of a better term.
-Xemnas might call the armor "friend" because he's been to see it several times before.
-Xemnas could be using the word in a sarcastic sense.[quote/]

Hmm, those are good ideas. I hope we can figure out what that's all about in BBS. :31:

maian

XH had orange/amber eyes. We do not know for sure if they mean the same thing yellow/golden eyes do.

I wasn't sure people were looking into it that much. I didn't get that impression at all. I think it's moreso the lighting that's giving it the orange tint. This picture, for example:

BBS_Terra.jpg

compared with:

KH2_Intro_High_Ansem.jpg

Their eyes are more or less the same shade of yellow, or orange, or amber, or whatever you want to call it. I think analyzing the shade of yellow that appears in the trailer is overanalyzing things.

-Xemnas could be using the word in a sarcastic sense.

These could all be true, but what's the point? I stated that it's a hint that strongly suggests he's Terra. There ARE plenty of possibilities that could disprove this, but despite those, none of them can go against the fact that there's obvious evidence there. I just think there's more going for it than against it, but touche.

jphantom

Ok I'm confused, this thread is called "How can Terra be Xehanort, but isn't young Xehanort in Kh2 the Xehanort that will be in Birth by sleep not whoever Terra is?

Semisubtle

Website
semi-subtle.livejournal.com
Frankly I don't understand any argument that states Terra does not eventually become Xehanort. Seriously, are we arguing that Darkness couldn't have caused his appearance to become older? Ansem the Wise's appearance changes under the influence of Darkness too: his eyes and skin change color when he appears as DiZ. Riku takes on Xehanort's Heartless' appearance after his exposure to it in KH1.

Look at the pattern of name changes too: Xehanort is Ansem's apprentice, and eventually takes the name Ansem. If Terra eventually aligned himself with Master Xehanort, I don't think it would be totally out of the blue to eventually take Master Xehanort's name in the same fashion. Then the progression would be Terra ->" Xehanort" -> "Ansem," with all three of them being the same person.

And all this goes without noting the physical similarities: eye color, skin tone, hair style... You guys are reading WAY too much into this. A similar thing happened when Xion's identity was up for debate, and the truth ended up being MUCH simpler than the convoluted theories people spewed out left and right. Kingdom Hearts is an intricate series, but it's not ridiculous.

maian

Ok I'm confused, this thread is called "How can Terra be Xehanort, but isn't young Xehanort in Kh2 the Xehanort that will be in Birth by sleep not whoever Terra is?

It's assumed that one of the characters (most likely Terra or a mix of Terra) will end up becoming KH2's Young Xehanort. As far as I know there's been no mention of YX being in BBS' plot, and I think it's either been confirmed or just blatantly obvious that this will be an origin story for the Xehanort who would end up becoming both of the main game's villains.

It seems that most will agree that the Xehanort in BBS (Master Xehanort) will NOT end up being Young Xehanort in KH2, simply due to obvious age differences, personality, and appearance, not to mention the fact that the guy in KH2 strongly resembles Terra and not MX. Now, there's a 99% chance he'll probably have something to do with the origin of the Xehanort we know, but no one can know for now. We all know that Young Xehanort seemed to like stealing names (Ansem), so I'm going to go ahead and assume that he stole the name of Master Xehanort, or Xehanort may just be the only name he remembers, since apparently his memory gets wiped at one point or another.

maian

Frankly I don't understand any argument that states Terra does not eventually become Xehanort. Seriously, are we arguing that Darkness couldn't have caused his appearance to become older? Ansem the Wise's appearance changes under the influence of Darkness too: his eyes and skin change color when he appears as DiZ. Riku takes on Xehanort's Heartless' appearance after his exposure to it in KH1.

Look at the pattern of name changes too: Xehanort is Ansem's apprentice, and eventually takes the name Ansem. If Terra eventually aligned himself with Master Xehanort, I don't think it would be totally out of the blue to eventually take Master Xehanort's name in the same fashion. Then the progression would be Terra ->" Xehanort" -> "Ansem," with all three of them being the same person.

And all this goes without noting the physical similarities: eye color, skin tone, hair style... You guys are reading WAY too much into this. A similar thing happened when Xion's identity was up for debate, and the truth ended up being MUCH simpler than the convoluted theories people spewed out left and right. Kingdom Hearts is an intricate series, but it's not ridiculous.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I agree completely. I think the trailers have practically already told us WHO Xehanort is. The real questions are HOW and WHY. It makes me wonder if the Squeenix developers are looking at the absurd theories all over the internet, and laughing at how they can't even take the obvious hints in the trailer. And yes, Terra stealing Xehanort's name would be a natural progression and extension of the character that's already been established for the Xehanort we know in KH2.

Except I may have to disagree with the Xion sentiments. I have no idea what kind of theories were being tossed around (358/2 actually is the game that got me back into KH), but if you think about it, the end result for Xion is fairly convoluted and unpredictable. At least, compared to what she could've been. ie, a simple Nobody. I NEVER would've guessed Xion's identity, and it's a damn shame I accidently stumbled upon a spoiler that revealed it while I was playing through.

Semisubtle

Website
In the months leading up to Days there were tons of theories being tossed around, and the vast majority of them were way more complicated than "Xion's made of Sora's memories." The truth was surprising, I agree, but it wasn't that complicated. In this case I'm thinking the truth is going to be neither complicated nor all that surprising, but the events leading up to it will be what makes the story fascinating, as is typically the case with KH.

maian

And that's where I agree. And yeah, you're probably right. I'm sure the Xion theories were pretty absurd. But yes, I think Terra/Xehanort will be one of the story elements that's fairly basic and straightforward, but one of the most fascinating and critical parts of the story. It doesn't NEED to be complicated. It's the substance that matters.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
And that's where I agree. And yeah, you're probably right. I'm sure the Xion theories were pretty absurd. But yes, I think Terra/Xehanort will be one of the story elements that's fairly basic and straightforward, but one of the most fascinating and critical parts of the story. It doesn't NEED to be complicated. It's the substance that matters.

I was the one who guessed that
Xion looked like Sora when she was with Roxas on the clock tower

I remember watching the video where I found out and I was like " Fuck yeah , Im eating cookies tonight"

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I wasn't sure people were looking into it that much. I didn't get that impression at all. I think it's moreso the lighting that's giving it the orange tint. This picture, for example:

Their eyes are more or less the same shade of yellow, or orange, or amber, or whatever you want to call it. I think analyzing the shade of yellow that appears in the trailer is overanalyzing things.

MX's eyes also appeared to be a shade of orange/amber in the secret ending.
However, after we saw in game content of him, we learned that they were in fact yellow/golden.
Compare his eyes with XH's eyes in game and you will notice a difference in them. XH/Xemnas' are much darker and are a amber/orange color.

Seriously, are we arguing that Darkness couldn't have caused his appearance to become older?

Then why not have darkness make MX's appearance become younger?

If Terra eventually aligned himself with Master Xehanort, I don't think it would be totally out of the blue to eventually take Master Xehanort's name in the same fashion. Then the progression would be Terra ->" Xehanort" -> "Ansem," with all three of them being the same person.

You mean if Terra aligned himself with the one person he seems to hate more than anything and would go to almost any lengths to catch, stop, and defeat?

And all this goes without noting the physical similarities: eye color, skin tone, hair style... You guys are reading WAY too much into this.

At least when we take physical similarities into consideration, we have evidence to support our claims instead of "could have" and "if".

It seems that most will agree that the Xehanort in BBS (Master Xehanort) will NOT end up being Young Xehanort in KH2

Speak for yourself.

not to mention the fact that the guy in KH2 strongly resembles Terra and not MX.

Yet know who did? Xehanort's Heartless.
Hmm...

We all know that Young Xehanort seemed to like stealing names (Ansem), so I'm going to go ahead and assume that he stole the name of Master Xehanort, or Xehanort may just be the only name he remembers, since apparently his memory gets wiped at one point or another.

If he 'liked' stealing names, I would think he would have stole more than just Ansem's.
He stole one name. I fail to see how that would suggest he liked stealing names.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

When i read through this, I honestly wasn't sure if you were being serious or not. Going through our history of theorizing, with the littlest of evidence we are likely to make many theories beyond what is expected. It's happened before, and it's nothing out of the ordinary even today. With more info we narrow down possibilities as opposed to our past observations such as the whole Egyptian Mythology theory, be it impressive, it was very exaggerated to the simplicity of what we would find in KH. Then we are also torn between simple standards and complicated one's especially for those who actually took time in reading Another Report. If that isn't complicated i don't know what is, and although some things come out simpler than we make them, sometimes we are lucky enough to pull some of the right chords to what actually happens in-game. Maybe it's ridiculous, but just like our theories, you have no proof that you might be right either, maybe you're theory will come out too simple...

Semisubtle

Website
If he 'liked' stealing names, I would think he would have stole more than just Ansem's.
He stole one name. I fail to see how that would suggest he liked stealing names.

That's why we're proposing that there COULD be a pattern of stealing names: first Master Xehanort's, then Ansem's. If he stole one name and there APPEARS to be two different characters possessing the name Xehanort, isn't such a pattern a possibility?

Just so I know where you're coming from, do you have a theory on who might have become Xehanort?

Maybe it's ridiculous, but just like our theories, you have no proof that you might be right either, maybe you're theory will come out too simple...

Well yeah, we have no way of knowing now, but at this point my line of thinking is just as viable as anyone else's. However I will give you that, there's always the chance that I've oversimplified things.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
That's why we're proposing that there COULD be a pattern of stealing names: first Master Xehanort's, then Ansem's. If he stole one name and there APPEARS to be two different characters possessing the name Xehanort, isn't such a pattern a possibility?

I was referring to maian's comment that Xehanort 'liked' it. =/
Anyways, how would it be a pattern of name stealing if the name 'Xehanort' was all that he remembered? Xehanort taking the name 'Xehanort' and taking Ansem's are really two different things.

Just so I know where you're coming from, do you have a theory on who might have become Xehanort?

Of course I do. MX and Terra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back