• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How can I GAIN weight?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
There's a difference between gaining weight / bulking up, and purposefully attaining unhealthy eating habits and choosing to get fat. You can gain weight and stop being scrawny through healthy eating and proper exercise, and this is an infinitely better option then deciding you need to get a little fatter and being an unhealthy slob to do it.

Protein. Eat lots of mother****ing protein. Meats, eggs (whites & yolks), whole fat milk, white breads, pastas, good foods, eat them. Look up "whey" protein shakes, buy them, consume them. Do strength training, you don't have to be an aspiring body builder to lift weights, it's healthy exercise. Get a weight set and do some simple lifting, you're not going to become a deformed muscle-man just from lifting weights, and being able to lift shit in general is a good trait to have.

Be as lazy as you can and eat fattening food and potatoechips and candy. But DON'T make this as a normal habit! When you have gained enough weight, just go back to the habits you have now
As MuffinMan and I have both said, this is NOT the proper way to go about gaining weight.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Pump some iron.

Muscle mass is thinner, but heavier than fat, and much better at working many of the same processes.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
You're all retarded. Eating shit would make her fat AND unhealthy.

Eat protein, lift weights, etc etc.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com
Eat until you're full, that's the best thing to do. If you're eating properly, then you're not too skinny.

I've been trying that. Well, I wieght 99 lbs, so I guess that's kinda skinny? IDK.

Not sure if this helps a whole lot, but maybe some foods high in calories. They don't have to be junky foods, but just some moderate to high calorie foods I guess. Maybe add some more snacks into your diet. Thought eating out at family restaurants did some work with all the food they serve. Meh. That's all I can think of. I've been eating a bundle, but I'm not really gaining anything.

I wouldn't go too overboard with the skinny idea if I were you.
I'm skinny, but I'm a lot more healthier than my friends.

I'll try that.

Continue to sit in front of the computer and think about it.

Great idea, I'll do just that XD

Drink alot of water and then eat alot.

Umm, you think that'll work? K...

Exercising does help, especially if you're increasing the amount you eat. Carbs are also good for gaining weight.

Excersie? lol, does walking count?

You might have a high metabolism which is hard to overcome when gaining weight.

A friend of mine is absurdly skinny (5'9 at 110lbs) and I jokingly suggested eating a Big Mac every day right before bedtime.

I would try eating a lot of high caloric and carbohydrate foods. If all else fails, ask a nutritionist.

I tried eating for the 5 whole days and didn't gain anything. I hate McDonalds, so I'm gonna try to avoid that lol.

Dude, eat fatty foods. Like, 7 donuts out a box of 12, 12 big bags of chips a week, 17 cans of pop a day, don't eat breakfast or lunch, eat lots of snacks in between, take lots of food on your dinner plate, and don't move a whole lot. Sit on the computer for 17 hours a day.

Dude, t hat'll just kill me...

I like how you're only deciding that you want to gain weight because you were told that you're too thin.

So if I told you that you're too alive, would it inspire you to kill yourself?

Actually no.

I don't know eat alot of junk food or try at least eating alot of junk. That helps.

I hate junk food, except ice cream. T_T

Lots of pasta and white bread should do the trick. Maybe you could ring up Oprah Winfrey, ask her whats her secret?

I need to find her number. :p

Question: Do you actually think you yourself are too skinny? That's without your friends telling you you are.

If not, then there is no need for this thread.

It's not my friends who are telling me, it's my whole family. They've been on my back for 10 years and I'm getting tired of them shaking their heads at me everytime they see me. then they talk in their lanuage thinking that I understand nothing and talk about me while I stand in front of them...

mayonnaise.jpg

ON LIKE, EVERYTHING

Lol, what?

While sitting in front of your computer does help you gain weight, it'll also give you health problems. Not exercising is definitely the wrong way to go about gaining a few pounds. :p

Lol, perhaps.

Well, would you rather want muscle weight? Or "chub" weight (<--so totli meh XD)?

As for the muscle weight, just work out a bunch, and eat foods with a lot of protein ( You will get all buff n beefy like...ARMSTRONG.)

As for the chub weight... Well... Sleep, eat, watch tv, play video games/computer, shower, eat, sleep (rinse and repeat daily).

Hope I helped (if not, then... Sorry.)

I think it's a good idea. Thanks.

I'm sorry but what the hell!?

What the hell what?

You forgot "die of a heart attack at age 50."

Lol, true true.

He posted it becuase he was posting what to do everyday.

you mean "she"?

16 oz of skim milk, 2 tablespoon of natural peanut butter, 1 whole banana, 2 cups of 100% whey, 2 tablespoons of flax seed oil.

Blend it, drink it watch your weight gaining problem disappear. The drink has over 800 calories and it works. Do some cardio though and you will be fine. IF you gain too much weight, then yeah stop taking it.

Did you try that or something? Or did you make it up, lol?

Yeah and I'm pretty sure you should put, "try find your penis" in after a while too. :mellow:

Again, what?

Well lot's of computer games eat alot, get your scales fixed and do as little amount of excersise as possible

I don't excersise at alll.

lulz this thread had me laughing. Well they have those bars that you eat to gain weight *I don't know what they are called* If you ever watched meangirls you'd know what I am talking about. Protien shakes are the best if you don't want to do the whole meat protein thing *And gain clogged arteries in the process.*

That drink Donnie suggessted sounds like the major drink you should be taking I know Whey is suppossed to be really good for that and he's talking 2 cups >___> gotta stay active with that stuff.. It's always good to excersice, drink water with your meals and eat a good midnight snack. Don't skip out on your veggies or your fruits though *want to be healthy too* It's kinda hard to gain weight for us skinny ppl. I know it took me 2 years to finally gain 20ish pounds.

I could eat 2-3lbs worth of food and I'd still be the same weight. Over eating doesn't work well with a fast metabolism. someone told me sodium stops you from losing weight *not sure about that.

You could always take pillsor something if all else fails.

*laughs with you* Yes, sill isn't it? I like your ideas though XD

How To Gain Weight and Build Muscle Fast <-------- link.

read up some articles on that website :x

KK,

If you simply want to gain weight and not change your physique (significantly), then work out really hard (lift weights, exercise, build muscle, etc). Muscle mass is more than fat mass.

If you're skinny though then trying to build outward might be harder since your body is likely more in tune being skinnier; that's how it is for me. xD

Crap, I hate working out *stops whinning and listens*

If you're eating good food, you shouldn't need to lose weight, really.

Alright, but that's not the problem I'm having XD

Get a boyfriend/ girlfriend, get dumped and eat chocolate chip muffins til the feeling is all better

I'm not allowed to have a bf. Ever. In. My. Life.

Even if you didn't actually read the first post, you could have at least looked at the title. ;D

Exactly :)

I did read the first post. She said people were telling her she's skinny. I said that she was prolly fine.
:3

Is 99lbs fine? Cuz I'm not sure.

Still doesn't make any sense. She doesn't want to lose weight, she wants to gain it.

Yepp.

wow yeah im tryin to gain weight too and i eat a ton and workout but nothin

REally??

Well **** me! I'm screwed.

Though, I don't think I've gained any weight from it, now that I think about it.

Since the OP is a female, I pray that trying to find her penis won't be part of the daily routine.

Ey? What???

McDonalds.

Lots and lots of McDonalds.

Especially Quarter Pounders and Big Macs. xD

No, but in all seriousness, you shouldn't try to eat more just because someone said you're too skinny. Because next thing you know, someone will say you're too fat.

I hate McDonalds. Bland food.

But I understand your POV. It's just that my family's been pestering me about my weight for 10 years. And it's getting tiring.

Yes, yes, McDonalds is very good if you wanna gain weight...even if you dont like it, its one of the best fats

Best fats?? I disagree. Their food sucks.

Water weight, but you lose that weight when you take a piss.

Really, retaining liquids and eating works. Once, I was in a bet to see how many pounds I could gain in a school day with my lacrosse team, and I gained 2 pounds. Really, just eat and drink.

I wouldn't recommend it though. F***s you up physically for a little while.

*laughs* interesting points.

There's a difference between gaining weight / bulking up, and purposefully attaining unhealthy eating habits and choosing to get fat. You can gain weight and stop being scrawny through healthy eating and proper exercise, and this is an infinitely better option then deciding you need to get a little fatter and being an unhealthy slob to do it.

Protein. Eat lots of mother****ing protein. Meats, eggs (whites & yolks), whole fat milk, white breads, pastas, good foods, eat them. Look up "whey" protein shakes, buy them, consume them. Do strength training, you don't have to be an aspiring body builder to lift weights, it's healthy exercise. Get a weight set and do some simple lifting, you're not going to become a deformed muscle-man just from lifting weights, and being able to lift shit in general is a good trait to have.

Ok, I'll eat a lot of mother****ing protein and see how that helps. oh gott, lifting weights? o_O I hope I don't kill myself in the process.

Thing is, I'm so freaking weak...

Why in Gods name would you want to gain weight?

Cuz I'm tired of my family talking crap about me. They've been worried and bothering me about it for 10 years now...

Hmm... Eats lots, exercise less, and erm... When you eat hi-energy food, DUN EVEN THINK ABT MOVING. Den u gains lots of weight. I think. :)

LOL, alright. I won't move.

You could also buy some frappacinos from Starbucks. The Strawberry's n' Creme frap with Whip, is couple 100 calories.

Coffee and frappacinos aren't my thing, but I'll try to develop a taste for it. XD

Be as lazy as you can and eat fattening food and potatoechips and candy. But DON'T make this as a normal habit! When you have gained enough weight, just go back to the habits you have now :)

Lol, ok. Great idea.

As MuffinMan and I have both said, this is NOT the proper way to go about gaining weight.

I totally agree with you.

Pump some iron.

Muscle mass is thinner, but heavier than fat, and much better at working many of the same processes.

You make it sound like it could never happen :cool:

Never make what happen?

Doesn't lifting weights mess with your bones if you're a certain age?

I hope not.

You're all retarded. Eating shit would make her fat AND unhealthy.

Eat protein, lift weights, etc etc.

lol, ew FAT and UNHEALTHY sucks. I think i'm going to eat protein, lift weights, etc etc etc :]

If you're a healthy BMI for your height then there's nothing to worry about.

<3

Is 99lbs alright? Um, as for my height, I don't know what it is exactly. 5 something?

Eat. And don't exercize.

It's not too hard.

Sure.

My idea was better.

just eat mcdonalds if u want to gain weight

Do you like McDonalds? I don't. How do people stand it?????

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Lay around all day. Order out for every meal.

In fact, eat untill you feel sick then as soon as you feel a bit better eat more.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Now, it depends on what you mean by weight (or mass if you're a physicsfag and want to be politically correct). You have two options of gaining weight.

1) You can gain weight through the means of fat
2) You can gain weight through the means of muscles

Which one is the easier way out? Eating a lot and getting fat. What's worth the trouble, but is far more effective and useful? Working out/exercising and gaining some muscle. The difference between fat and muscle is that muscle is much more densely packed than fat, and therefore heavier. If you increased the size of your muscles by even 1 cm all around you body, you'd be heavier than if your fat increased by 1 cm. Now, that's not saying you have to get JACKED, RIPPED AND GET BIG like the Hulk. Far from it actually. Just gain enough muscle until you have a fit, and sleek looking body and you'll be fine. Plus, you'll get some hot lovin' if you look good.

Eating too much fatty foods will also increase levels of cholesterol in your body. Sure, cholesterol is good in fair amounts since it helps your blood flow more smoothly, but when you have too much, it can create a blockage in your arteries and veins causing them to swell and eventually rupture. Large amounts of cholesterol can also cause heart problems and/or failures and you may possibly go into cardiac arrest. Also, fat girls don't look hot :v

However, I don't suggest lifting weights until you're at least 16 years of age. You want your muscles to naturally develop as much as they can before you start to increase them using external means. If you're already 16 years old, then by all means, go right ahead, just don't over do it and you'll be fine. Make sure you create a regime that works for you in terms of time and health, and remember that you shouldn't work out every single day. You need to give your body at least 48 hours of rest if you want them to grow properly, or else you face the chance of possibly ruining your muscles and quite possibly, collapsing due to being overworked. Remember that it takes months to even see a definite improvement in your body when working out. Don't get discouraged and just keep it up, and eventually you'll see how much it helped you. If you include aerobic activities with working out (i.e. running, swimming, jump roping), you'll have a better looking body that keeps you in shape and increased your overall weight in one swift kick to the head.

On the other hand, if you think you're too "lolweak" to weight lift, then slap yourself in the face. Working out isn't to see who can lift the most weights and rep it the most, although that's what the media wants us to believe. It's about choosing a healthier and better lifestyle that will help you in the long run. So what if your arms get tired after repping 5-15lbs weights. That's perfectly fine. As long as you keep at it, and slowly increase how much you lift, then the amount of weights you lift shouldn't matter. For example, I go to my campus gym whenever I can. There are people there that can do like three sets of 20 curls with 60 lbs weights. Me? I just pick up 20-40lbs depending on my mood and go about my business. Am I ashamed of lifting less than those guys? Not at all. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I'm sure they've been lifting weights for years. Don't let physical appearances discourage you. These people are dedicated to lifting weights, with some being more dedicated than others, and they're nice people. If you can make friends with them, then they'd be more than happy to help you with your regime.

Last edited:

Z.e.X.i.O.n

Wake up, no breakfast, go to school, eat!
Come back home, have a snack, and go on the computer and don't move from there until like lunch!
When you feel the slightest of hunger, go get a snack, and directly go back to your computer!
And keep repeating!

Also, eat dinner like every day!!

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
this is actually basic science I learned eat less in the morning because your body will burn it of through the thing you do during the day through normal activities what you wanna do is eat as much as you can after 7:00 at night because later that night you will most likely go to sleep and will not be doing any activities so the food you ate your body is gonna store it as weight work like a charm how I know this is how I gained weight in about two weeks

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Drink Coke and lie down right after...

Or maybe just lazying around will help you...or sleeping :p

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com
Now, it depends on what you mean by weight (or mass if you're a physicsfag and want to be politically correct). You have two options of gaining weight.

1) You can gain weight through the means of fat
2) You can gain weight through the means of muscles

Which one is the easier way out? Eating a lot and getting fat. What's worth the trouble, but is far more effective and useful? Working out/exercising and gaining some muscle. The difference between fat and muscle is that muscle is much more densely packed than fat, and therefore heavier. If you increased the size of your muscles by even 1 cm all around you body, you'd be heavier than if your fat increased by 1 cm. Now, that's not saying you have to get JACKED, RIPPED AND GET BIG like the Hulk. Far from it actually. Just gain enough muscle until you have a fit, and sleek looking body and you'll be fine. Plus, you'll get some hot lovin' if you look good.

Eating too much fatty foods will also increase levels of cholesterol in your body. Sure, cholesterol is good in fair amounts since it helps your blood flow more smoothly, but when you have too much, it can create a blockage in your arteries and veins causing them to swell and eventually rupture. Large amounts of cholesterol can also cause heart problems and/or failures and you may possibly go into cardiac arrest. Also, fat girls don't look hot :v

However, I don't suggest lifting weights until you're at least 16 years of age. You want your muscles to naturally develop as much as they can before you start to increase them using external means. If you're already 16 years old, then by all means, go right ahead, just don't over do it and you'll be fine. Make sure you create a regime that works for you in terms of time and health, and remember that you shouldn't work out every single day. You need to give your body at least 48 hours of rest if you want them to grow properly, or else you face the chance of possibly ruining your muscles and quite possibly, collapsing due to being overworked. Remember that it takes months to even see a definite improvement in your body when working out. Don't get discouraged and just keep it up, and eventually you'll see how much it helped you. If you include aerobic activities with working out (i.e. running, swimming, jump roping), you'll have a better looking body that keeps you in shape and increased your overall weight in one swift kick to the head.

On the other hand, if you think you're too "lolweak" to weight lift, then slap yourself in the face. Working out isn't to see who can lift the most weights and rep it the most, although that's what the media wants us to believe. It's about choosing a healthier and better lifestyle that will help you in the long run. So what if your arms get tired after repping 5-15lbs weights. That's perfectly fine. As long as you keep at it, and slowly increase how much you lift, then the amount of weights you lift shouldn't matter. For example, I go to my campus gym whenever I can. There are people there that can do like three sets of 20 curls with 60 lbs weights. Me? I just pick up 20-40lbs depending on my mood and go about my business. Am I ashamed of lifting less than those guys? Not at all. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I'm sure they've been lifting weights for years. Don't let physical appearances discourage you. These people are dedicated to lifting weights, with some being more dedicated than others, and they're nice people. If you can make friends with them, then they'd be more than happy to help you with your regime.

You sure look like you know what you're talking about. eh, *slaps self for thinking I'm too weak*. A lot of what you said was true, so I'll start doing that. How long have you been lifting weights for??

I gained 2 lbs by eating random crapp....eh, must stop...

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I go on and off, but to be honest, not that long. However, a lot of my friends lift weights (and I mean a lot), so they often give me vast amounts of tips and advice. I'm also a major in Biology, so I understand some physiology and macromolecule functions (carbs, fats, etc) pretty well :v

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
yeah I learned my theory from my Biology teacher as well and it works to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back