• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How can FF Characters be utilised in KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

2 quid is good

Awards
I should probably make clear, I do include TWEWY as this, I suppose a better catch all term is SE characters. In my opinion, there's limitless potential for FF characters to appear in KH games, both previous and upcoming. Not only would some characters tie in brilliantly with Disney worlds (I can't really get over how well Zidane would fit in a King of Thieves Agrabah), but more of them can tie in even better to the main plot. And even if they don't tie into the main plot, KH2 has given sufficient setup for future games to take advantage of the FF crowd currently already in the series and give them their own sub plots. Pretty neat huh.

I've touched vaguely in plenty of other posts on other forums going back years now on this topic, almost all of which are along the lines of "Vaan in Treasure Planet!!!!!" however I recently played FF8 to the end for the first time, and there was something that really intrigued me. It wasn't Rinoa and her tease in the KH2 credits, but it was actually Squall's adoptive older sister Ellone.

In case you haven't played the game, let me give you a very brief and quite likely incorrect briefing on Ellone:

She was made an orphan at a very young age, raised by Squall's parents whom she referred to as uncle and auntie, kidnapped by oppressive forces who wanted to use her powers for their own ends, eventually sent to an orphanage along with Squall, said orphanage could not protect her for all that long and thus she was put on a ship for her own safety, with no way to contact her brother, and very little stability in her life at all.

Did I also mention, her powers are of the "affects memory" kind? Now who does that remind you of?

Why it can only be Namine of course

Not only are the parallels between the two characters pretty great, but as Ellone is someone who's about a decade (well seeing as Namine's like 2 years old maybe two) older she could offer a lot to Namine in the way of mentorship, advice, or perhaps even just being a cute cameo if that's all it amounts to, but personally I believe there's a lot of depth here for a fleshed out relationship to be achieved.

What FF/SE character would you like to implement and how would it even work? Or would it just be a SQUEEE AURON type cameo? Both would be A okay with me, but there's one that I definitely prefer.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I like your Ellone idea. She is a very under-rated FF character.

Before Monsters Inc. was implemented into the series, I always believed they could slip FFXIII characters in by making their cie'th forms more cute haha. A character like Cid Raines was always one I wanted to see because he wholeheartedly believed he was a monster. Strip that angst away from him and he'd actually have a cute history as a stoic, serious scarer who is completely inept at being funny and is panicked about losing his job. Enter Sora, who he actually used to scare as a child. Sora shows Cid he can be funny, not by saying funny jokes or doing funny things, but with dry wit that appeals to kids with more refined senses. Fang and Vanille would also be there and it'd be wonderful.

Another dumb one:

Lann and Reynn from World of Final Fantasy. WoFF ends with them entering a portal that leads to other dimensions. Make the KH dimension one of the ones they land in. They would appear in Radiant Garden initially and their whole plot is that they are trying to find the key to returning to their dimension. They meet Sora, freak out because they've technically met him as a champion medal, freak out more when they see other familiar FF characters. They would appear in different worlds as a running plot point and are there as bosses that can be refought and they gift Sora with WoFF items. They are just there for fun because I don't think every FF character needs a purpose or major plot reason for being there. I just miss FF characters.

My ultimate dumb one:

Laguna gets elected as the new president of Radiant Garden and his whole story is him moving into the castle with Ansem the Wise and his research family and just trying to figure out the ups and downs of the highly advanced technology in the castle. Ansem the Wise offers his wisdom but is wholly enjoying his retired life eating ice cream every day and doing more wholesome research studies. Squall hates him and he definitely did not vote for him, Ellone is there and she's like "oh dad why can't you and squall get along", and Sora totally admires the man.

President Laguna also has some pretty big ties to the big future threat because he's a war vet who actually comes from the Age of Fairytales and by circumstances only Laguna could find himself in, he made it to the present like the Dandelions, except his present was maybe 20-something years ago because Squall had to be born thanks to his not-from-the-past wife, Raine, was a Radiant Garden resident who died during the big Heartless invasion.

He can also be fought because KH needs a man with a machine gun.

None of these are good ideas and I made up 90% of it as I was writing.

2 quid is good

Awards
They are just there for fun because I don't think every FF character needs a purpose or major plot reason for being there. I just miss FF characters.
100% agree with this, sometimes a bit of a balance is needed to weigh out the Disney Saturday Morning special parts of KH XD

I haven't played WoFF or FF13 (but they are on my ever increasing backlog) but from the few pieces of information I do know both of those ideas seem fantastic!

And I absolutely love your Laguna idea so much, just thinking of how Sora would totally be in awe of him and how much it would irritate Leon is sending me into fits of giggles.

I really hope Osaka Team, and more importantly Nomura, can come up with ideas far better than ones that fans make up on the fly

OneDandelion

Awards
The world ends with you has the most potential of any other SE game in my opinion. For one, TWEWY can bridge the gap between the world of KH and our world in a meaningful way. Second, the concepts of noise and heartless could blend together very well.

Noise are already said to be the soul transformed into a different form - reapers reap souls from people who are close enough to death to enter the game, their soul fragments scatter and are reborn into different forms be them noise, reapers, conductor, composers, angels, etc.

If I were responsible for incorporating TWEWY into KH I would make the composers and angels all neutral parties knowledgeable of the events of the KH universe on the same level of the MoM or otherwise just above him. You could look at the angels in TWEWY something like pure forms of light in KH. Noise and the reapers remain neutral, but reapers would begin noticing that reaped souls are transforming into heartless more than noise or other forms of reincarnation and are capable of accessing multiple frequencies, traversing from the UG to the RG. Despite this reapers continue to reap souls because its their job and they're a neutral party.

This also sort of follows the plot line of the original game, but this time Shibuya's destruction is out of Joshua's hands and the darkness in the peoples hearts are causing the destruction of Shibuya. I can see Sora accessing the UG with the power of waking as well but I'm not sure how important that would necessarily be unless Sora enters the reapers game in shibuya after dying, why that would happen though I have no idea.

2 quid is good

Awards
The world ends with you has the most potential of any other SE game in my opinion. For one, TWEWY can bridge the gap between the world of KH and our world in a meaningful way. Second, the concepts of noise and heartless could blend together very well.

Noise are already said to be the soul transformed into a different form - reapers reap souls from people who are close enough to death to enter the game, their soul fragments scatter and are reborn into different forms be them noise, reapers, conductor, composers, angels, etc.

If I were responsible for incorporating TWEWY into KH I would make the composers and angels all neutral parties knowledgeable of the events of the KH universe on the same level of the MoM or otherwise just above him. You could look at the angels in TWEWY something like pure forms of light in KH. Noise and the reapers remain neutral, but reapers would begin noticing that reaped souls are transforming into heartless more than noise or other forms of reincarnation and are capable of accessing multiple frequencies, traversing from the UG to the RG. Despite this reapers continue to reap souls because its their job and they're a neutral party.

This could also be a plot line like in the game where Joshua considers destroying shibuya buy his mind is changed after interacting with Neku. This time Shibuya's destruction is out of his hands though and the darkness in the peoples hearts are causing the destruction themselves. I can see Sora accessing the UG with the power of waking as well but I'm not sure how important that would necessarily be unless Sora enters the reapers game in shibuya after dying, why that would happen though I have no idea.
Despite what Nomura's said about the Shibuya in the secret ending of KH not being the same one as TWEWY, I strongly suspect that we'll be seeing TWEWY characters show up there, after all the man is known to bend the truth further than a stretched elastic band.

As much as I love TWEWY I feel like incorporating something on the scale as this would never happen, mostly because KH is very averse to things that affect the pretty small boxes that Nomura has for it imo, it's a very cool idea though, and I *do* think we will be getting something to do with TWEWY in the future

OneDandelion

Awards
Despite what Nomura's said about the Shibuya in the secret ending of KH not being the same one as TWEWY, I strongly suspect that we'll be seeing TWEWY characters show up there, after all the man is known to bend the truth further than a stretched elastic band.

As much as I love TWEWY I feel like incorporating something on the scale as this would never happen, mostly because KH is very averse to things that affect the pretty small boxes that Nomura has for it imo, it's a very cool idea though, and I *do* think we will be getting something to do with TWEWY in the future

I agree. The coolest thing that KH had to offer when it first came out imo was its ability to bridge worlds together on a fundamental level, as if KH was a story about the origin of everything. TWEWY would give them a great opportunity to do that in a way that compliments the themes and complexities of both games, but yea, if you asked me whether I thought they would do it of course I'd say no.

I'm really disappointed to hear Nomura said that Shibuya was not the one in TWEWY. If thats the case I guess its just the Verum Rex Shibuya or something... Not to say that it can't still be a cool world, but that kind of Final Fantasy esque hero completely robs Shibuya of its legitimacy as a real world place. For example - the reason why TWEWY would work so well is because its characters and lore are close enough to real life concepts for me to suspend my disbelief at the differences between the real Shibuya and the one in TWEWY, but if we replaced Midgar with Shibuya in FF7 I would still feel no real world connection to the game.

Oh well, its a great loss imo but I will still keep hoping that TWEWY makes a meaningful appearance there.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Just give me Chocobos. If we can get Moogles in every game then we could at least get a Chocobo ranch at some point.

Another idea I had is Sephiroth being Riku's long lost father.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
So based on her original story in the FF-13 trilogy, I could see Claire Farron being a "world drifter" with a knight/guard/military background, who left her home after the heartless (or another FF character) took her sister for some nefarious purpose. Her guilt leads her to abandoning her name, redubbing herself "Lightning", and in the process of searching for Sarah, she becomes somewhat cold and detached. Also, similar to Leon, Lightning would never use or reveal her real name until she achieved her goal and found Sarah again.

I imagine the characters most likely meeting her in an original world, but if there's a Disney World that seems appropriate to the character, that would work too.

I could also see Hope tagging along as an "old friend" of Sarah's, and he could help balance Lightning's more brooding demeanor (even if he himself is a bit moody too, lol). For example, he could be more open to conversing with passerbys, acting as a prompt for Lightning to add in her own thoughts, feelings, and reactions into the mix in a more natural way.

Idk, just an idea I guess, lol. I'd just love to see the FF-13 crew again in some capacity.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'll just give a few examples.

1. Rinoa: I love Rinoa and I was actually looking forward to seeing her meet Sora and constantly call Leon "Squall" much to his annoyance. I would have loved a sidequest with Rinoa as a rookie member of the Restoration group who's always trying to prove herself and messes up, and teams up with Sora to do...something in Radiant Garden to prove herself. I just feel Rinoa and Sora would have been really great friends.

2. Gilgamesh. Any world with a bridge would have been perfect. Gilgamesh confused Sora for Bartz (yup, it's the FF Gilgamesh) and tries to battle with multiple Keyblades with multiple arms. Ultima Weapon being his Excalibur Keyblade, and Xion's "Sham" Keyblade being his Excalipoor Keyblade. Other's being Aqua, Terra, Ven, and Roxas's blades. Afterwords he teams up with Sora and friends. Would be awesome.

3. Final Fantasy Princesses. Maybe they could be potential lights? Maidens like Rosa, Garnet, Lenna, Ashe, or even Serah could be options. I would love to see Serah and Kairi meet. This could also get the likes of Zidane, Faris, and Cecil to come after their loved ones like the Beast did for Belle.

4. The World of Final Fantasy characters. I haven't even truly seen them in action yet outside promotional stuff, but just by looking at their designs I know they'd fit right in with Sora XD

These are just a few that I can think of.

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
. Rinoa: I love Rinoa and I was actually looking forward to seeing her meet Sora and constantly call Leon "Squall" much to his annoyance. I would have loved a sidequest with Rinoa as a rookie member of the Restoration group who's always trying to prove herself and messes up, and teams up with Sora to do...something in Radiant Garden to prove herself. I just feel Rinoa and Sora would have been really great friends.
I agree with all of what you said, but ESPECIALLY this one. I frickin love Rinoa, and I've been waiting on her ever since I finished KH2 all those years ago and we saw that tease in the credits.

This one: IMG_20200116_234245.jpg
It would be so great to see how Sora reacts to Rinoa easily teasing Squall, I wish the devs could see the potential even half as much as fans can.

I think another character that would fit incredibly well in KH is Cecil from FF4, his whole darkness storyline is literally the perfect fit for KH.

I wonder why Nomura feels he can't use FF characters he didn't design but feels fine with working on disney films that for the most part he didn't work with the original creators for.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I agree with all of what you said, but ESPECIALLY this one. I frickin love Rinoa, and I've been waiting on her ever since I finished KH2 all those years ago and we saw that tease in the credits.

This one: View attachment 12179
It would be so great to see how Sora reacts to Rinoa easily teasing Squall, I wish the devs could see the potential even half as much as fans can.

I think another character that would fit incredibly well in KH is Cecil from FF4, his whole darkness storyline is literally the perfect fit for KH.

I wonder why Nomura feels he can't use FF characters he didn't design but feels fine with working on disney films that for the most part he didn't work with the original creators for.
Rinoa is immature and childish but has a good heart just like Sora. She's perfect for KH. I could see the two really hitting it off and having a Radiant Garden adventure. Now that they are bringing back FF characters maybe we can get this someday. I hope so. Rinoa can tell Sora all these embarrassing stories about "Squall" and totally ruin Leon's mystique of being this perfect fighter XD

Cecil would be a great character for Riku and Terra to meet. In fact I should think of the different KH characters that would benefit from meeting FF characters. I'm sure Namine would love to meet Relm and her sketches XD

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, I was always interested to see what they were going to do with Rinoa, too.

3. Final Fantasy Princesses. Maybe they could be potential lights? Maidens like Rosa, Garnet, Lenna, Ashe, or even Serah could be options. I would love to see Serah and Kairi meet. This could also get the likes of Zidane, Faris, and Cecil to come after their loved ones like the Beast did for Belle.
I love this idea! That would've been a great twist on the original Disney PoHs, too, to have the new ones be FF characters. Plus, that would allow the PoHs to appear in the final world since the Disney characters can't leave their own worlds anymore (thanks to Disney's increasing restraints). I think Garnet, Ashe, Serah, Lunafreya, Rinoa, Eiko, Aerith, Terra are ones they could choose among; Yuna, too, if they hadn't already used her. I haven't played a couple of the older FFs to say about those.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yeah, I was always interested to see what they were going to do with Rinoa, too.

I love this idea! That would've been a great twist on the original Disney PoHs, too, to have the new ones be FF characters. Plus, that would allow the PoHs to appear in the final world since the Disney characters can't leave their own worlds anymore (thanks to Disney's increasing restraints). I think Garnet, Ashe, Serah, Lunafreya, Rinoa, Eiko, Aerith, Terra are ones they could choose among; Yuna, too, if they hadn't already used her. I haven't played a couple of the older FFs to say about those.
Oh wow! You are right! I didn't even think about the other PoH's ability to leave their worlds. I highly doubt Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel will be allowed to be taken to a KH original world like the classic PoH's were. That sucks.

Also good choices. I forgot about Yuna and Terra. Wasn't Yuna a Gullwing fairy in KH2? Terra from FF6 would certainly be a cool option to have as a potential PoH. She can ask Sora what love is, lol.

Wallflower3582

I want Prompto and Sora to take pictures together. Like, maybe Prompto could be the npc in charge of the Photo Missions instead of how the Moogle shops in KH3 were! Balthier would be a fun addition as well, he and Fran could be hunting for treasure and come across Sora and Co.

Also, I really want the Chocobos to come to KH in some form, particularly riding them! I love Chocobos so much

Maybe there could even be some enemy or summon cameos or something. Like sidequests to find and defeat enemies like the cactuar, or Sora getting to summon Shiva or Ifrit instead of just Disney characters

disney233

Awards
Shantotto to be a world traveler who works with Yen Sid, given her power status in the Final Fantasy universe. Perhaps she could be a trainer to Sora who can help him train some more...powerful magic. Kairi has Merlin, Sora should have Shantotto. The perfect trainer for Riku would probably have to be Auron. He could be Riku's guardian, if anything.

Katsagu

Awards
I want Prompto and Sora to take pictures together. Like, maybe Prompto could be the npc in charge of the Photo Missions instead of how the Moogle shops in KH3 were!

Really like this kind of idea. Little stuff like this would really go a long way, and would work wonders for fanservice.

The other way I would like is for them to try to implement the FF characters into the disney worlds more, search for character themes that fit and such. To really hammer in on the original premise of the series.

U.N. Owen

Awards
I'm sure Lightning can show up in Olympus Colosseum. She did become a goddess in FFXIII trilogy.

The Type-0 crew can just show up in some random school while exploring Radiant Garden.

I guess Kefka could vainly make a Heartless in his image and likeness using magic because that's totally a Kefka thing to do. A design for a Kefka Heartless already exists anyways.

Back