• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How are you enjoying 2.8? [NO SPOILERS]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbG33K

Anybody else notice terrible stuttering during some of the cutscenes? Mostly ones near middle to end of 0.2? I'm on PS4 Pro, running on 4K display. Never had too much trouble with framerate stuff during gameplay. Always seemed above 30, if not in the 40's usually. It's just appalling the there would be framerate issues during cutscenes... I hope they iron those out in an update at least. And have that fully taken care of by KH3

TheBeanColossus

Yes, i did notice the stuttering, also playing on the pro. I don't see why they shouldn't have that sorted for KH3 though

TheBeanColossus

Anyone else annoyed by the "auto sprint" feature? It would make a lot more sense if it was a standard "press L3 to sprint" type deal, while also having a unique sprint animation.

Ashton69

Awards
0.2 is my game. Very fun gameplay and a graphic upgrade 2 console generations in the making. Look forward to unlocking all of the other stuff. Final boss can blow me.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
In an interview they confirmed it doesn't matter whether you play 0.2 first or watch Backcover first. Iirc.
I'd also just do it in order the games are listed on the menu. I know why Chuman thinks so - Luxu at the beginning and "may your heart be the guiding key", but I still feel like it wouldn't change anything considering the surprise factor is still the same.
It's also because 0.2 ends with leading to KH3 whereas BC just ends.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Anyone else annoyed by the "auto sprint" feature? It would make a lot more sense if it was a standard "press L3 to sprint" type deal, while also having a unique sprint animation.
Nah, it actually feels kind of nice. I don't even notice it too much, it just happens. Neat.

It's also because 0.2 ends with leading to KH3 whereas BC just ends.
Ohh, right.

Griewer

Awards
0.2 is super fun, but to be honest I'm really disappointed with BC. =(
Since I haven't had the chance to play DDD yet, I'll be giving it a go
tomorrow; looking forward to that :D

Hirokey123

Awards
Playing it now 0.2 is really fun except for the boss fights, the boss fights are Osaka terrible. I actually enjoy the boss fights in DDD more at least I could semi-predict and learn their attacks. >_> Doesn't matter with the bosses in 0.2 they are just bad plain and simple, Osaka it's not hard to understand that you shouldn't make your boss patterns more or less entirely randomized. This tower fight...this is what was said you were tweaking until the very last minute and that's scary because this fight might actually easily be one of the worst fights Osaka ever designed.

The final boss of this on the other hand was amazing and a LOT more fair. It's also literally the ONLY boss in the entire game I didn't die on the first try. That......was.....such.....a.....RUSH! My heart is pounding from how utterly amazing that boss fight was. I am so glad I remained mostly unspoiled on 0.2 and got to experience that.

Last edited:

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
So I just finished 0.2. It took me about 5 hours to do so. It was mistake to do Proud Mode because I kind of wanted to experience the story rather than grind.

I was very disappointed in Back Cover. It didn't really answer any impending questions we had (other than maybe why some of them were fighting, and what the Master's "Eye" is). All it did was raise more questions and spark some theories into my head.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Well, I decided to watch Back Cover first and.....................wow was that underwhelming.

I was really expecting a lot more and this movie just didn't give me anything of substance. I thought the characters were portrayed pretty well. I liked Chirithy's voice but that's it. No cool reveals or anything. And I originally heard this movie was about 1 hr 20 mins, but apparently I was terribly misinformed.

I'll do 0.2 tomorrow. Hopefully it's a more engaging experience.

Muke

whatever
Awards
That was was Amazon Germany said. Saturn also still has that description and Libro, too. I don't know why they changed it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
0.2 is like dark souls meets KH. You make one small misstep in combat and you're dead. The enemies are so chellenginf but so rewarding. Enemy pattern is key like you wouldn't believe.

DDD HD is really great. 60 fps hurts my head buts it's actually really fluid and the game looks beautiful despite being the black sheep of the collection. They even pulled back the camera, you're the best Based Square.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I beat ddd hd an hour ago, I love the game every bit as I did 5 years ago. When sanctuary after the battle started playing, I was DONE. YMX and Armored Ventus Nightmare were pretty damn easy once I had the right loadout and team, but I spent 5 hours getting riku second chance and once more just to be sure. Ansem 2 is a terrible fight I beat out of sheer luck; my game glitched and he was facing the right side of the screen, completely off of the battlefield. Those instant death beams and orbs missed me completely and I was able to win.

i just gotta say that I'm looking forward to tear through the post game content.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Finally got the game after a series of complications. Like catching the plague.

I decided to just watch Back Cover for tonight and I honestly feel it set a new low for the franchise. All of Nomura's worst tendencies as a director were on display. The Master's behavior and dialogue was over-scripted and every scene he was in turned cringe inducing. There's no doubt that Ray Chase is one hell of a committed voice actor, but that role reads like a death sentence. I love and appreciate some well-intended camp, only that character isn't even written with enough self-awareness to qualify as campy-- but one could say the same about the entire project. Bad taste. Kevin Quinn was a saving grace, and sold me on one of the more interesting Foretellers with a performance which proffered some actual, uh, dignity. Nuance. What's the word. Ava had decent character development in the eleventh hour. Who cares about the plot, anyway? I guess I wouldn't have minded seeing the ending of the movie. But I kind of just want to hide Back Cover from all my friends for the sake of their self-respect.

I'm looking forward to trying out 0.2 tomorrow, though. Help me, Aqua, you're my only hope!

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

I decided to just watch Back Cover for tonight and I honestly feel it set a new low for the franchise. All of Nomura's worst tendencies as a director were on display. The Master's behavior and dialogue was over-scripted and every scene he was in turned cringe inducing. There's no doubt that Ray Chase is one hell of a committed voice actor, but that role reads like a death sentence. I love and appreciate some well-intended camp, only that character isn't even written with enough self-awareness to qualify as campy-- but one could say the same about the entire project. Bad taste. Kevin Quinn was a saving grace, and sold me on one of the more interesting Foretellers with a performance which proffered some actual, uh, dignity. Nuance. What's the word. Ava had decent character development in the eleventh hour. Who cares about the plot, anyway? I guess I wouldn't have minded seeing the ending of the movie. But I kind of just want to hide Back Cover from all my friends for the sake of their self-respect.

I'm looking forward to trying out 0.2 tomorrow, though. Help me, Aqua, you're my only hope!

You know, you bring up a lot of perfectly valid criticisms that I haven't really heard too much of from the fanbase so far. Maybe you should make a new thread discussing this, because I feel like a lot of people would benefit from seeing a different opinion of this movie?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

X Back Cover was indeed underwhelming but I didn't find it that insulting. Matter of fact, I struggled to find anything cringe at all about the movie (aside from the "May your heart be your guiding key" phrase). At the very least, It's a fantastic visual taster of how Kingdom Hearts III cut-scenes will end up looking like.

X Back Cover was only really there as filler to begin with. People always forget that 2.8 is in the same HD Remaster category as 1.5 and 2.5, but because Dream Drop Distance was the only game left, cut content and filler had to fill in the rest of the collection to provide equivalent bulk from 1.5 and 2.5.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I enjoyed 0.2. The gameplay was unrewarding when it came to the heartless boss fights, but other than that, it was definitely an improvement over BBS and 3D. I can see KH3 go in a good direction if SE listens to the problems players still have left with 0.2, and I like that using the keyblade felt neither super overpowered nor stupid.

Right now I'm playing 3D, and oh boy, I might be the only person who can listen to Sweet Spirits all day. Finally, my wonderful Meowjesty in HD on a big screen. Worth it.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
X Back Cover was indeed underwhelming but I didn't find it that insulting. Matter of fact, I struggled to find anything cringe at all about the movie (aside from the "May your heart be your guiding key" phrase). At the very least, It's a fantastic visual taster of how Kingdom Hearts III cut-scenes will end up looking like.

X Back Cover was only really there as filler to begin with. People always forget that 2.8 is in the same HD Remaster category as 1.5 and 2.5, but because Dream Drop Distance was the only game left, cut content and filler had to fill in the rest of the collection to provide equivalent bulk from 1.5 and 2.5.

Eh, equivalent bulk is a bit of a debatable topic. I look at it this way: we can get the other two collections, with games we've already played before and two games that are literally just cutscenes, but on the other hand we get the exclusive final mix versions of the games and we finally get to play Re:Chain outside of America. The benefit of 2.8 is while, yes, it does only have one full game, the game is essentially almost a full gameplay overhaul, with extra dream eaters and trophies to help make the game a bit more re-playable, and the two titles it comes with, however insubstantial, are new titles nevertheless, so it's worth it for most people to be able to get anything at all to reveal more story to them, however small that thing may be.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
X Back Cover was only really there as filler to begin with.
If this justification works for you, more power to you. I think it's misguided and, yeah, kind of insulting for the KH team to waste an hour of content on filler when they have a lore-heavy project to build a meaningful story off of, especially when that project was not intended to be central to the mythology at its inception and was structured in both of its iterations such that it would be neither accessible nor probably very appealing to the wider player base. Wasn't it one of the goals of the Remix collections to make the entire KH story available on (ultimately) one platform?

At the very least, It's a fantastic visual taster of how Kingdom Hearts III cut-scenes will end up looking like.
I sure hope it isn't a taster of how they'll be written and directed. The jumbled timeline of the thing could give someone whiplash: I was consistently playing catch-up to determine what was a flashback and what was part of the proper narrative, which was itself segmented into chapters which are just barely identifiable such that it seemed more like some half-hearted clip show than a cohesive visual affair. These so-called Keyblade Masters play "idiot ball" better than the BBS trio ever did, some of them literally forgetting plot points they were made aware of as a matter of premise. The dialogue is littered with nonsensical jargon and grammar that would make a third-grader blush, not to mention the many leaps of judgement the audience is expected to buy into in service of moving what little plot there is along-- I mean, within like the first ten minutes Ira is literally pleading with Ava to "trust him" as he formulates an argument with no bearing in fact or reason.

All that said, I finally got around to it, and 0.2 was really good. If that's what we can expect from KH3, I'll likely be satisfied. I think there's a good deal that looks and feels unfinished and it irks me that a game people are paying for as part of a package isn't done, but the flaws in any KH game are weighted against its rights, and 0.2 gets a lot right that a lot of KH games haven't since probably Chain of Memories. I liked the gameplay, I liked the boss fights, I liked that Proud Mode felt difficult without feeling punishing, I liked everything Aqua did and said and that her model was properly gorgeous and I really, really liked the music and the environments. Honestly, Back Cover looked like a cheap toy commercial by comparison-- which is fitting.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
After beating the game I realized there were other options for the controls of DDD. Anyone else use the alternate options. Option C was the most logical. Makes me wonder why they didn't use that as the default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back