• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Horror Films

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku_123

yea like Freddy v.s Jason,wasnt that supposed to be scary?or The Texas Chainsaw Massacere,well it wasnt scary to me

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Horror movies are an excuse for teenage boys to grope girls in the dark.

They're usually gorey and idiotic. They really aren't 'Scarey' and a waste of money, IMO. All you do is watch stupid people scream and run away from some type of villain(s) when the normal person would do the logical thing, we prefer watching the stupid person get eaten/killed/whatevered.

Riku_123

Savior of Dawn said:

They're usually gorey and idiotic. They really aren't 'Scarey' and a waste of money, IMO.

you got a point,most teenage boys do that,and most are just stupid and gorey and violent. like CryWolf that wasnt scary it was meant to be, but it wasnt,it was just violent and gorey

Ayumi

w00t!
Savior of Dawn said:

They're usually gorey and idiotic. They really aren't 'Scarey' and a waste of money, IMO. All you do is watch stupid people scream and run away from some type of villain(s) when the normal person would do the logical thing, we prefer watching the stupid person get eaten/killed/whatevered.

sadly thats true about something..i seen my brother and his ex-girlfriend do that..and thats why they broke up o_O

and the only weird/scary movie to me was The Exorcism of Emily Rose which was weird...

Riku_123

Haywire said:
horror movies have forgotten thier essance, which is pop up scary moments and a well developed story.

true. Horror movies just arnt horror movies like they used to be. a good horror movie was some of the old Jason movies,or The Exorcist

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
The Exorcism of Emily Rose was creepy, I admit, as was Silent Hill, although that did rely on disturbing imagery mostly.

I see your point, though, there hasn't been a seriously sophisticated and horrifying movie since, I dunno, Silence of the Lambs, or Hannibal.

~Fenris Etheral

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Isn't the new Halloween just a 21st century port of the original, like the Omen was for it's older counterpart? I might see it, if the plot's improved on a bit...

Anyone remember Jason X?

~Fenris Etheral

Thespis

Old horror movies are probably some of the best movies ever created. The original, 50s version of The Haunting is one of the best movies I've ever seen. A good, in depth (albeit chilling) story combined with awesome camera work makes the movie simply amazing.

Now, directors seem to think that watching graphic torture for an hour and a half is a good horror movie. The thing that upsets (and slightly disturbs) me is that the public continues to pay to watch such things...honestly, why anyone would want to watch something like Hostel is beyond me.

Straw_Hat

Savior of Dawn said:

They're usually gorey and idiotic. They really aren't 'Scarey' and a waste of money

i agree they do not contain any actuall horror, but a waste of money to whom? the consumer or the producer? Yes it is a waste of money to see. No, it isn't a waste to make...because people rave over such things, like Saw, and Hostel...thus making more money in the box office.

Haywire said:
now adays its just nonstop blood and gore with all the teenagers having sex and then getting bruterly slaughtered.
correct me if i'm wrong...but horror movies have been like that for a while...since the eighties and the supposed "classics", like Haloween, and Friday the 13th

Cid Highwind

The Captain
yes, older horror movies do seem to be getting the job done better of scaring ppl. don't get me wrong, lots and violence and gore are my kind of movies, but watching the movie like the exorcist when i was 9 is something to be remembered. i really good movie i liked for when there are "pop-up" moments was evil dead (the first one). i think the perfect horror movie should be have a well-developed (and disturbing) and realistic plot (like it could happen to you), a good number but not overly amount of "pop-up moments", a great cast and crew, and for the movie to have a long length but have the horror moments be throughout the whole movie.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
i dont watch horror movies anymore(except for the old classics) and the only one im looking foward too is Saw III
Saw was fantastic, a new take on the whole Geneva Convention controversy thing (Justifyed torture, you know), but Saw II kind of...well, it failed, to say the least. I may go see the third one, for the hope of some redeaming qualities emerging, but it's not something I'm really excited about.

~Fenris Etheral, who's sure it's too late to actually speel good.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
I agree- the horror movies of the past are gone. Now, all you see is blood and gore. I like the old scary movies and suspense ones- like Poltergiest, and Rose Red, and Aliens (even though that is a sci-fi movie too) it seems all the old "good" horror movie generation is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back