• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HORRIFIED

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
While I was playing through Kingdom of Corona, I saw the most horrifying thing possible in a KH game. I was running through the forest and I get a window in the middle of the screen and a nasty looking "LOADING" sign that took about 5 seconds to go away. I couldn't believe that while playing in the world that the game had to load. It never happened before while playing KH3 (over 80+ hours). Has this happened to anyone else?

okhi12

Awards
Aren't you exaggerating a bit? If it only happened once, it is not that terrible. But yeah, it can happen sometimes. For me, it was when I was looking for the remaining chests and lucky emblem after finishing Arendelle. I was running down the mountain and many heartless spawned, which I ignored and kept running. Then the loading box appeared for half a second or so, I would have missed it if I blinked. I have never seen it again. My console is the original PS4, maybe it was trying to read a lot of data at once and it was ralentized for an instant, which caused the loading. I don't know if it would happen on PS4 Pro or any Xbox One model. Which console do you play in?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Be happy it happened that once.

In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I knew the exact spot where in one of the towns I would hit a “wait for streaming” frozen screen while the game loaded assets.

It really could be a lot worse, and frankly with how rare this actually seems to be, it’s fantastic given the scope of the levels and unique assets within.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Aren't you exaggerating a bit? If it only happened once, it is not that terrible. But yeah, it can happen sometimes. For me, it was when I was looking for the remaining chests and lucky emblem after finishing Arendelle. I was running down the mountain and many heartless spawned, which I ignored and kept running. Then the loading box appeared for half a second or so, I would have missed it if I blinked. I have never seen it again. My console is the original PS4, maybe it was trying to read a lot of data at once and it was ralentized for an instant, which caused the loading. I don't know if it would happen on PS4 Pro or any Xbox One model. Which console do you play in?
It's the PS4 Pro. I think it might have been that I was running back and forth between two "loading" areas repeatedly (I think I was double checking for chests).

My heart dropped when I saw the loading box. I couldn't believe that I would ever see such a thing in a KH game. I already had to get used to loading screens (and seeing the loading icon in the bottom right screen). I hope the DLC can fix this problem.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Feels like you’re exaggerating a bit. This happens sometimes, even in other big games. The fact that it was the first time it happened months after the game released is a good thing lol

The Pro isn’t always going to load assets 100% instantly 100% of the time.

If you are worried about this happening again despite it really being a non-issue, go into Safe Mode and rebuild the database to get your console a boost in processing speed. Sometimes fragmented data will cause this issue and the database will need to be cleaned up to clear any excess data taking up precious processing power.

Why would DLC fix a processing issue lol?

Back