• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hopes for 2.5 HD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Mirage Arena Online + if KH3D is in it, online Flick Rush and DE trading would be sweet ;A;

That won't only be sweet. That'd be absolutely diabetic!

If 3D and online Flick Rush are included, I hope they will add the option to move around the battlefield to actively dodge attacks. Getting caught in a star-powered attack with long animation isn't particularly fun, especially when you don't have any star cards to negate it or trigger a duel with.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Not trying to be a Negative Nancy here; but how would DDD's gameplay be implemented on that itty-bitty touchpad? I don't think it was made for that. The game is still on a current system, besides. I don't know if they even CAN do a remake yet cuz of Sony/Nintendo + the game is still NEW.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not trying to be a Negative Nancy here; but how would DDD's gameplay be implemented on that itty-bitty touchpad? I don't think it was made for that. The game is still on a current system, besides. I don't know if they even CAN do a remake yet cuz of Sony/Nintendo + the game is still NEW.

The game is already over a year old. Any exclusivity issues that would have been around last year are probably gone now. There are plenty of 3DS to PS3 titles released from companies (mainly Capcom and Konami games)...

They'd just change the touch commands to button commands. It's not that hard. The touch stuff isn't really so groundbreaking that it'd affect much by changing it...

That won't only be sweet. That'd be absolutely diabetic!

If 3D and online Flick Rush are included, I hope they will add the option to move around the battlefield to actively dodge attacks. Getting caught in a star-powered attack with long animation isn't particularly fun, especially when you don't have any star cards to negate it or trigger a duel with.

Yeah, I really disliked that. It pull you out of your flick groove. xD

136199Goat

I must admit, it will feel odd not having DDD in it in any capacity...

The Reality Shifts alone would be impossible to port, so perhaps they could get away with just cutscenes, but that would be rather redundant with Re:coded, unless of course they plan on a remake of that. Let's admit, the story in Coded is somewhat weak, and even if they were to give it the Days 1.5 treatment, I'd be amazed to get even an hour. However, the gameplay is where Coded truly shined. Perhaps a full remake of Re:coded is in the works, and that along with KH2FM, BBSFM, and a movie version of DDD will comprise 2.5 ReMix?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Reality Shifts alone would be impossible to port

Reduce it to button commands. It's a painless process, and some of them were already like button commands "tap, swipe spin" can become "tap X, something with a direction button, and then rotate the analog stick"

Perhaps a full remake of Re:coded is in the works

Remaking Re:coded would be like making an entirely new game. This is the reason they didn't bother with Days despite wanting to. KH3D already has everything as 3D models (many of the models and textures for old locales were used from the past games like Re:CoM, KH2, and BBS) so it'd be infinitely easier to make it PS3 compatible than a DS game...

Tetsujin

I'd be willing to bet that 3D gets a standalone release after 2.5...

As for 2.5, I only hope they'll voice the additional scenes in KH2FM and give us stackable difficulty trophies.

Remaking Re:coded would be like making an entirely new game.

Not to mention, re:coded already *is* a remake of the original phone version (not just a port). I think it's unlikely they'd bother remaking the same game twice.

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Remaking Re:coded would be like making an entirely new game. This is the reason they didn't bother with Days despite wanting to.
I thought it was due to not wanting to delay the game, a concern I figure was only there because they had to spend so much time rebuilding Final Mix.

I assume much, if not all of the code for IIFM is intact, and Osaka shouldn't have a big issue with porting BbSFM (or 3D for that matter) since they're as familiar with the code as they possibly could be.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Re:coded HD as a full game. Though I'll gladly take a coded movie if 3D​ is put in.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'd be willing to bet that 3D gets a standalone release after 2.5...
Doubtful I think though perhaps a small recap type of thing on kh3's disk would be nice. Like what 13-2 had for the first.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Doubtful I think though perhaps a small recap type of thing on kh3's disk would be nice. Like what 13-2 had for the first.

They would probably include the recap of previous games even if almost all of them will have been consolidated for HD collection on PS3. DDD did quite a good job with the chronicles, going from BbS to re:coded, and I hope they're going to do it again in KH3.

Gram

Banned
Awards
They would probably include the recap of previous games even if almost all of them will have been consolidated for HD collection on PS3. DDD did quite a good job with the chronicles, going from BbS to re:coded, and I hope they're going to do it again in KH3.
I doubt they'll do a full recap when their releasing remakes though ones along what DDD did I could see.

Tetsujin

I'd say it's highly likely. If they don't include a theater mode of 3D in 2.5, I think they're probably having bigger plans for it. Just giving it a small recap doesn't do it any justice. Especially considering the less important Days gets hours of remade cutscenes and coded most likely gets the same treatment.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'd say it's highly likely. If they don't include a theater mode of 3D in 2.5, I think they're probably having bigger plans for it. Just giving it a small recap doesn't do it any justice. Especially considering the less important Days gets hours of remade cutscenes and coded most likely gets the same treatment.

Days only got hours of remade cutscenes because they didn't have time to remake it completely as they wanted. And actually 3D DID have a theater mode. It's in the Mementos option in the main menu, you'll see it listed as theater.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
And actually 3D DID have a theater mode. It's in the Mementos option in the main menu, you'll see it listed as theater.
That's not what Tetsujin was referring to. Tetsujin said that if 2.5 doesn't have a theatre mode for 3D (not "3D doesn't have a theatre mode") then it might suggest there are other plans for the game.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Ah my apologies then. I tend to read things backwards sometimes, sorry. xD

Kevin Perez

I want to see Aqua in beautiful, glorious HD......I want to see how many times I die in Proud Mode playing as her in Castle of Dreams....in HD, in my 720 HDTV.....as well as seeing the game over screen as well, which I saw many times in the PSP. I also want to be able to "relax" or keep my cool when playing the battles in the Mirage Arena because my God, was there ever a feeling of dread and anxiety on the PSP for fear of breaking my control or having thumb going sore, none which will be a problem for the the HD PS3 versions.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering DDD in 2.5, I'd say a theater mode would be the most economic variant to do with. While Coded has some important bits, the story isn't as big as Days and can be properly included in less than three hours. Since in DDD the only really important stuff also only happens in Yen Sid's tower, Radiant Garden and Disney Castle as cutscenes and then most of The World that never was. The few scenes where Sora and Riku encounter Ansem SoD, Xemnas and YX in Disney worlds also already exist, and that's really all that is needed for a recap of DDD in order to flow with the rest of the series.
---
Speaking of Mirage Arena, you know what would be a neat addition? The option to pause the action if you are playing it in Single Player.
Few things in BBS were as annoying as when you fight the Iron Imprisoner or some other harder arena match and you cannot pause when something urgent in RL comes up.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Speaking of Mirage Arena, you know what would be a neat addition? The option to pause the action if you are playing it in Single Player.
Few things in BBS were as annoying as when you fight the Iron Imprisoner or some other harder arena match and you cannot pause when something urgent in RL comes up.
Mirage Arena pause would be a godsend​.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Ahh, yes, this is a great point. It will surely be a welcome addition. While it's possible to put the PSP in sleep mode of some sort mid-match by flicking the power switch up (this will cause the game to come to a halt), that's not the case for PS3.

Now that you've mentioned it, I'm pretty sure this feature will be added to 2.5.

Gram

Banned
Awards

There's no words to describe how much I want this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back