• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Honest Game Trailers: Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Well it took a year but Honest trailer finally did Kingdom Hearts 3. Pretty spot on all things considered

AR829038

Awards
I can't get used to the new voice. It's just not the same.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Yeah Honest Trailers sucks without Jon Bailey.

Honestly I don’t feel like they did that great here. They got a few things right, like talking about Kairi being a perpetual damsel in distress, the tonal disparities of Mike Wazowski existing in the same universe as Sephiroth, and how batshit the plot is especially to new players. But acting like the franchise faded into obscurity since II just because of spin-offs is a cheap gag, and they can’t even stay consistent because they say III being on a console redeemed the franchise, but they roast it the entire time.

This isn’t just a Kingdom Hearts problem either. Smosh’s trailer for the Crash Bandicoot series also missed a ton of marks and was overall too mean-spirited. Their writers just aren’t that great. I did enjoy the first KH trailer they did, I felt that was better and more fair and honest. But when you’re spending 6 minutes just repeating the plot to mock it’s complexity, it’s not really a funny joke. It’s like how lately HISHE spends most of its jokes on actor references, like how every Andy Serkis character has to say precious, or in IT Chapter 2 the guy does the “look back at me” commercial for HALF THE RUNTIME of the episode. It’s not original, it’s not funny.

Things I would’ve covered in an Honest Trailer:

* How the main plot doesn’t even really go anywhere until AFTER the Disney worlds are done
* How easy the game was until Critical and the Limit Cut
* Kairi’s mishandling (which they did)
* The really screwy unclear mechanics of the tear that undid the Guardians’ death.
* Franchise mainstays like Oathkeeper, Oblivion, and the FF cast being absent until DLC.

And I would’ve offered more sincere praise of the things the game got right, like the score, the emotional reunions, the graphics, a lot of the gameplay.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This was definitely more mean-spirited and borderline jaded than some of their other videos. I liked some jokes, but man it just really came off as bitter rather than satirical.

I liked the Versus jabs, though. As somebody who loved the concept of Versus, wanted Versus to happen, has a strange love-hate relationship with XV, and totally thinks Nomura deserved to be angry, I AM SO MAD HE BROUGHT IT INTO KH3. SO MAD.

Also everybody knows Riku is hella gay and I appreciate it.

OrionGold

Awards
I didn't mind the Honest Trailer that much. I just think it's funny and that's that. Anyway, I like how Mickey's parody name is just a jab at how Disney keeps acquiring properties.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
They only thing that made me chuckle was the Big Hero 6 roast. That was funny. Other then that I feel like other youtubers and this forum have made better roasting jokes about the problems in KH3.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Not a bad trailer, but who's doing the trailer narration, cause it doesn't sound like Jon Bailey.

MRKDH

Awards
It was nice but they could‘ve done it better. I was waiting for them to mention the limit cut or the secret episode. 😕

Ink Ribbon

Awards
I normally get a kick out of Honest Trailers but the voice over killed it for me. I'm guessing he's trying to mimic Jon Bailey but the humor just doesn't land the same. They made some good points and the parody names were silly, but I think the other Honest Trailers for KH1 and 2.8 were way more funny.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
This is the first time I ever watched a video like this and I thought it was dumb. The script clearly indicated that whoever wrote it has no idea about the KH series because (as much as I love KH3) I've seen people roast it and tear it to shreds way more humorously on these forums and other KH fan sites. I don't think he even mentioned the lack of Final Fantasy in KH3.

The most glaring point he brought up which any actual KH fan (or anyone that played the game, really) would have pushed harder on was the flat payoff of clearing a world to only get a Gummiphone scene instead of an actual scene that moves the plot with characters actually interacting instead of a screen within a screen. Instead of saying that, he references the Gummi missions which are actually more fun and expansive than past games.

Honestly, I was expecting a fun roasting session of KH3 because I think even the biggest KH fans can take a joke about the series (I think that's a requirement to be in the fanbase tbh). This video didn't provide that at all. It seemed like a video made more to insult the series and fanbase; pandering to gamers who either didn't like KH3 or never liked the series to begin with.

SuperNova

Awards
Ah. Another video on the bandwagon of "KH is trash" memes that non-KH fans like to laugh at. Yes KH can be trash, but like many fans here its MY trash. If you are gonna make fun of a game at least know what you are talking about because I've seen funnier quips about KH3 on this site alone. (And I love KH3.)

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I just want to add that this is normal for them. Watch any of their videos, they trash games for comedy.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Also I like how their original KH trailer poked at the series for repeating worlds over and over again, when there are tons more properties out there they could use (they specifically named Pixar). Yet come this one, they’re mocking the series for apparently running out of properties to make into worlds and using less well received movies. Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Tangled, Frozen, Big Hero 6, the only one that was definitely more mixed-negative critically was Pirates 3. And even that is generally held in a bit higher regard than Pirates 4-5.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Maybe I missed it somewhere but not making fun of Donald's infamous "This might be a good spot to find some ingredients" line was a huge missed opportunity

Back