• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
Yo guys, I'm writing an essay and the question reads:

Define how Style has become more important than substance in a Postmodern world, make reference to at least 5 sources of your choice

It is a known thing amongst researchers of Postmodernism that there is no known definition for it and that it is up to the individual what they think it is.

Anyone care to give me their opinion on what you think Postmodernism is?

I just need four more.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Hey guys, in exactly 2 weeks I have an oral exam for English. I have to talk about 3 books, but I only got 1 book so far. I really don't know any other books I can talk about. Does anybody have any recommendations? Doesn't matter if they're hard to read, my English is pretty good.

If you want to be popular and all current eventsy, do the Hunger Games lol.

I suggest any of George Orwell's books if you want something really neato to talk about, like 1984.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Every time I check this thread, I try to look for anyone who needs help with a math problem (since I'm trying to become a tutor at my college and I need the practice anyway, even if it's online.) But it's always about writing topics for papers, lol. Man, the one thing I really, really don't miss about high school is writing all those fucking papers.

Shawty

Awards
Every time I check this thread, I try to look for anyone who needs help with a math problem (since I'm trying to become a tutor at my college and I need the practice anyway, even if it's online.) But it's always about writing topics for papers, lol. Man, the one thing I really, really don't miss about high school is writing all those fucking papers.

I'm getting math in my next schoolyear. I'll ask you if I need help haha!

Muse

you look atrocious
I need help with chemistry.

My problem says if a person expends 2000 kJ of energy each day, and every mole of ATP hydrolyzed to ADP releases 30.5 kJ, how many kilograms of ATP are consumed during this time period? (with the molar mass of ATP being 507.2 g)

Would I do a conversion factor? And if so, what do I put in there?

:c

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Not sure if you still need it (for the sake of a test or something), but you're basically looking at how many moles of ATP are consumed in a day. So, it's 2000kJ/day * 1 mol ATP/30.5kJ, which gives you 65.57377 mol ATP/day. We're looking for kg/day, so we only need to modify the top from there. 65.57377 mol ATP * 507.2 g/mol * 1 kg/1000 g = 33.259 kg, and since we never touched the 'per day' part and only changed the moles to kilograms, it's officially 33.259 kg ATP/day.

Awards
'Kay guys, I'm just looking for general feedback here. Any will be appreciated!
Currently I'm taking AP US History, aiming for a 4 or 5 on the exam
. Though my class has just dived into WWII, I figure now is the time to begin some independent reviewing. For those who have already taken the exam and can recall your experience with it, mind relaying a bit of your thoughts? Study habits, if any?

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I took the AP US History test and got a 5.

I had a fantastic teacher, though. I never once studied an actual AP book for the exam: I just re-read ALL of the lecture notes I had taken in the class. The class was, admittedly, rigorous, but he made sure we absorbed our information and it really stuck.

Have you taken any AP tests before or is this your first one?

Awards
I have, yes! AP Human Geography and AP World History. Scored 3's on all of them. Urgh.

I'm taking AP Language along with APUSH, however my focus is on the latter. From what I've heard, scoring even a 3 in APUSH is no walk in the park, so my attempt to review earlier than the recommended two-weeks prior to the test.
My teacher is pretty great, gives class lectures and tests that, I think, accurately reflect what the exam will be like. (That is, assuming he was correct in saying that the test heavily consists of cause and effect relationships.)

He also bent over backwards to supply us better textbooks than what the county threw at us in the beginning of the year to supplement his speeches. I purchased the very same textbook to keep personally and for extra study, so that is my primary source for review.

Last edited:

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Never took Human Geo, but yeah, World History was tough. I got a 4 on it (after cramming two days before). But I honestly don't think AP US is that hard. Like I said, I was in a pretty rigorous course, so I didn't study much, but I dunno...don't worry more than you have to about it, you know?

I also have taken both the Language and Literature tests and got 4's on both without studying, so don't worry there.

lasersquash

Sitting on a comfy chair in front of a fireplace ,
So today on my physics homework i had to work with magnetism, which is honestly not that hard, but then this happened...

A 20cm length of conducting wire that is free to move is held in place between two thin conducting wires. All of the wires are in a magnetic field. When a 6.0 A current is in the wire the wire segment moves upward at a constant velocity.
The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s2 .

a. Assuming the wire slides without friction on the two vertical conductors and has a mass of 0.11kg ,find the magnitude of the minimum magnetic field that is required to move the wire.
Answer in units of T.
b. What is its direction?

<3

Call me Love, love.
I need help with grammar.

This week we've been working on phrases and clauses (basically sentence structure). Clauses are supposedly harder to understand, however I understand their purpose and how to create/ use a clause to my advantage. I'm having difficulty with my phrases though.

A phrase is a group of related words that does not include a subject or a verb. A subject is the person or object the sentence is talking about and a verb is an action or a state of being word.

I've been given a list of clauses (a clause is a group of related words containing a subject and a verb), both independent and dependent. An independent clause is a group of related words that can stand as their own sentence, whereas a dependent clause can not stand as its own sentence and does not make sense.

I understand clauses, as I stated in the opening of this post, but with the activity I've been given I've also been asked to convert the independent or dependent clause into a phrase. And this is the part that has me stumped.

Here are the clauses:

1. he ran
  2. he ran a kilometre
  3. although he ran five kilometres each day
  4. he was running in the marathon
  5. she balanced the books
  6. since she started keeping better financial records
  7. she finally got her tax returns up to date
  8. however much she tried to get her paperwork in order

How should I go about converting this clauses into a phrase (without a subject or verb)? And does anyone have any helpful tips or suggestions that can help in the future?

Thanks in advance.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Phrases can technically have nouns and verbs, but they're not meant to be linked together. Think of it like a clause that's even less of a complete thought than independent clauses (even though, they're technically not clauses.) Here are some examples of conversions.

1. ran
2. ran a kilometer
3. five kilometers each day
4. in the marathon
5. balanced the books
6. better financial records
7. up to date
8. tried to get her paperwork in order

Think of it as how people normally answer questions in a short-handed way that isn't always grammatically complete, like sentence fragments. e.g. "Where is he?" "in the garage" The latter is the phrase.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
CALCULUS IS A BITCH HALP ME

Find y' by applying the product rule, and then find y' by multiplying the factors to produce the sum of simpler terms to differentiate

y=(6x^2+7)(3x-2+5/x)

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
CALCULUS IS A BITCH HALP ME

Find y' by applying the product rule, and then find y' by multiplying the factors to produce the sum of simpler terms to differentiate

y=(6x^2+7)(3x-2+5/x)

This is relatively easily.

The product rule goes like this. It's the first (6x^2+7) multiplied by the derivative of the second (use the quotient rule on 3x-2+5/x) + the second multiplied by the derivative of the first (12x).

That second part though...I have no idea what it's asking for.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
How do I use the quotient rule to find the derivative of (3x-2+5/x)?

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
How do I use the quotient rule to find the derivative of (3x-2+5/x)?

The quotient rule is as follows.

It's the second (x), multiplied by the derivative of the first minus the first, multiplied by the derivative of the second divided by the second squared.

I think you might have mistyped the first function because there's only one x.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
The 2nd approach just states that you multiply out the terms first and then take the derivative using the d/dx(Cx^n) = Cnx^(n-1) method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back