• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
"omgosh hamster lord you are a dipshit since you cannot do these simple math problems lmao"

anyway I need help. the assignment is double sided equations. I can do them normally, but when it's a word problem the shit just goes out the window for me.

okay #1

The length of a rectangle is 3 meters more than twice it's width. The perimeter of the rectangle is 48 meters. Let w represent the width.

a. Sketch a diagram of the rectangle

b. Write an equation for the perimeter of the rectangle.

c. Find the length and the width of the rectangle.

A plumber charges $30 per hour and $42 for each hour of overtime. For a job, the plumber works 3 regular hours, h overtime hour, and charges $195 for the new parts. The total amount of the bill for the job is $390. Write and solve an equation to find the number of overtime hours the plumber worked.

thanks in advance.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Damn, seeing all the convoluted shit here makes my small problem seem all the more insignificant... o_o'

I have to write a Rogerian argument for Comp. II. A Rogerian argument is an argument in which a compromise is reached that will appease both sides. Sounds simple, right? Well it is, save for one very important factor: the topic. I can't think of one. I don't want to use the examples my professor gave us (driving age, the right to bear arms, whether or not college athletes should be payed to play) and I've already tossed abortions and the drinking age because I couldn't think of a compromise for either of them. The rough draft is due tomorrow and I've got nothing. I could pull an A+ paper out of my ass if I could find a topic I can work with but I can't and it's driving me mad.

Help? Please?

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
"omgosh hamster lord you are a dipshit"
2. x = regular hours = $30
h = overtime hours

3(x) + (42)h + 195 = 390
3(x) + (42)h = 195
3(30) + (42)h = 195
90 + (42)h = 195
42h = 105
h = 2.5 overtime hours

Hope this helps man, I tried to double check it so I'm about 99% sure it's right.

Last edited:

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Damn, seeing all the convoluted shit here makes my small problem seem all the more insignificant... o_o'

I have to write a Rogerian argument for Comp. II. A Rogerian argument is an argument in which a compromise is reached that will appease both sides. Sounds simple, right? Well it is, save for one very important factor: the topic. I can't think of one. I don't want to use the examples my professor gave us (driving age, the right to bear arms, whether or not college athletes should be payed to play) and I've already tossed abortions and the drinking age because I couldn't think of a compromise for either of them. The rough draft is due tomorrow and I've got nothing. I could pull an A+ paper out of my ass if I could find a topic I can work with but I can't and it's driving me mad.

Help? Please?

Secularism vs religious institutions?

Gender equality?

The net profit of an artist or a group vs. money owed to agents, managers, iTunes, etc?

A case like this?

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
1a. l = 3+w, w=w
sketch that shit it's not too hard

b. p = (2 * length) + (2 * width) = 2(3+w) + 2(w) = 6 + 2w + 2w = 6 + 4w

c. p = (2 * length) + (2 * width) = 2(3+w) + 2(w) = 6 + 2w + 2w = 6 + 4w

48 = 6 + 4w
42 = 4w
w = 10.5
l = w+3
l = 10.5 = 3
l = 13.5

2. x = regular hours = $30
h = overtime hours

3(x) + (42)h + 195 = 390
3(x) + (42)h = 195
3(30) + (42)h = 195
90 + (42)h = 195
42h = 105
h = 2.5 overtime hours

Hope this helps man, I tried to double check it so I'm about 99% sure it's right.

what do you mean by the (2 * length)+(2 * width) parts?

like (2 x 3+w)+(2w)?

nvm

thanks by the way

Last edited:
Awards
Website
sites.google.com
what do you mean by the (2 * length)+(2 * width) parts?

like (2 x 3+w)+(2w)?

Alright, lemme break it down for you.

here are our variables:
l = length
w = width
p = perimeter

here is the equation for perimeter of a rectangle:
p = 2l + 2w

now, we're going to get the equation for the length from the problem:
The length of a rectangle is 3 meters more than twice it's width.
(oh god I'm an idiot time to rework the problem ignore how I worked it in the last post)

so now that we're starting over, here's what our length will look like, in terms of width (w):
l = 3 + 2w

so, substituting our new equation for length, here is what our equation for the perimeter of a rectangle looks like:
p = 2(3+2w) + 2w
p = 6 + 4w + 2w
p = 6 + 6w

now that we have our equation for perimeter, we can plug and chug with the values:
p = 6 + 6w
48 = 6 + 6w
42 = 6w
w = 7

now, we need to find length. So, we'll use our length equation to solve for it:
l = 3 + 2w
l = 3 + 2(7)
l = 3 + 14
l = 17

ALRIGHT, SO HOPEFULLY THAT HELPS OUT A BIT.

um, final answer mebbe?

a. Sketch a diagram of the rectangle
l = 3 + 2w
w = w

b. Write an equation for the perimeter of the rectangle.
p = 6 + 6w

c. Find the length and the width of the rectangle.
l = 17
w = 7

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Anybody have any good sources for physics help? Next semester I am taking arguably the most difficult classes for an engineer at my university, and it's physics...and I SUCK AT PHYSICS....so I want to start preparing/learning the material now.

It's Mechanics and Electricity and Optics. Anybody have any good sources for that level of physics?

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
uh well i'm taking college level physics right now and we're on magnetism (already studied electricity).

i haven't found many good websites, but usually if you google a problem you're having trouble with, you'll find it somewhere on the net. aside from that, i don't know of a great source. sorry bro. ):

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I dropped engineering for business. Best decision of my life...ever. I am considered an ethical hacker too lol.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
i need help this is hella hard

m<FHI=142 what are m<FHG and M<GHI?

they give an equation FHG= (3X+6) and GHI=(9x -8)

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
okie doke i never learned ratios so i need help:

68 to 507
64 to 400
56 to 438
8 to 174

i know it involves something along the lines of finding the gcf and then dividing or something like that

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
The way I do it is:

1. Express it in the form 1 to a/b
2. Multiply by b to give b:a

Let's do 64 to 400 as an example because I'm too lazy to do the others.

Make it 1 to 400/64
Which is the same as 1 to 25/4
Multiplying by 4 gives 4 to 25 (or 4:25)

Tada! Now you try.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Simplify the fraction? 400 and 64 have a common factor of 16, which when you divide both by gives you 25 and 4 respectively.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
okay I'm on my last page of the math packet and these last four questions i don't know how to do:

21. The circumference of a circle is 264 ft. Find the radius and diameter of the circle.
22. The area of a circle is 314 m to the second power. Find the radius and diameter of the circle.
23. A circular rug is 10 ft in diameter. A strip of fringe is to be added around the edge of the rug. How long must the strip be?
24. Find the area of the shaded region (it showed a square with a circle in the middle and the spaces the circle doesn't cover are shaded, also, it says 8 cm on the side of the square). And then it says use 3.14 for TT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back