• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
If you're having any trouble on a certain assignment, subject, or just need help with something schooly in particular, come here.

I'll post when I have a question...it's currently slipped my mind.

I thought we greatly needed something like this.

:D

A

Azrael

You got this from me, Dogen, and you know it!

Can we get this stickied by someone so we don't need to bump it from time to time?

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
as long as it goes up to the first part of precal, i can help.

Last edited:
A

Azrael

And if anyone needs help in anything else besides science and math, I guess I can help from time to time!

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
yes hi brb i'll copy down my homework questions could you answer them plzzzzz

here're my glasses let's get to werk! O-O

Angel

We should have like Homework Helpers you can ask.

Like this for example:

bamak93
Areas of Expertise:
Math
Science
Foreign Language

A

Azrael

Ziz (Areas of Expertise:)
International History
American History
Religion (Catholicism)
Science (to a certain degree)
Math (to a certain degree)

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
One of these threads exists already, but whatever. Anyway, for those of you that are interested in checking over 2 algebraic problems for me, here you go.

The first one is g(x) =

x^3 + 2x
x^2 - 4

It asks for the Domain and possible (if any) zeros of the function. My answer for the domain is all real numbers except for 2 and -2 because either of them would make 4 -4, creating a 0 denominator, which is evil. As for the zeros, I have that there aren't any zeros because assuming you factor the top to be x(x^2 + 2) any value for x^ would be positive. Even if you go with the original x^3 and give x's value a negative number to make the whole thing negative, it'll then make the original 2x negative, so it seems to be impossible to make the numerator equal 0 in any way.

(I'll type the 2nd one later). I appreciate the effort, especially considering it's a bit long to work out.

Last edited:

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Having finished my math for a while, I haven't looked at a math problem in about 5 months.
And it shows.

*clings to Social Studies and English books of sanctification*

x^3 + 2x
x^2 + 4
Most of my math clumsiness comes from not remembering what I was taught. Since I became homeschooled, I admit while it is great, after I finished math, I moved on to other courses planning to pick up the succeeding course later. Therefore, I'd go long periods of time not practicing equations. I finished Alegebra and got an A in it, but I'm looking at your problem and don't remember how to start picking it apart.

That's my problem.

Can someone please step-by-step solve this problem....so I can remember how to do it?

Also what's the "^" for? I don't remember signs very well.

Angel

One of these threads exists already, but whatever. Anyway, for those of you that are interested in checking over 2 algebraic problems for me, here you go.

The first one is g(x) =

x^3 + 2x
x^2 + 4

It asks for the Domain and possible (if any) zeros of the function. My answer for the domain is all real numbers except for 2 and -2 because either of them would make 4 -4, creating a 0 denominator, which is evil. As for the zeros, I have that there aren't any zeros because assuming you factor the top to be x(x^2 + 2) any value for x would be positive. Even if you go with the original x^3 and give x's value a negative number to make the whole thing negative, it'll then make the original 2x negative, so it seems to be impossible to make the numerator equal 0 in any way.

(I'll type the 2nd one later). I appreciate the effort, especially considering it's a bit long to work out.

no, domain is all real numbers. if you square a number, you're essentially ridding yourself of the negative, no matter what x is. (you're giving it an absolute value)

as for zero's, i don't think that's possible either.

lol 0 denominators are evil.

Having finished my math for a while, I haven't looked at a math problem in about 5 months.
And it shows.

*clings to Social Studies and English books of sanctification*

Most of my math clumsiness comes from not remembering what I was taught. Since I became homeschooled, I admit while it is great, after I finished math, I moved on to other courses planning to pick up the succeeding course later. Therefore, I'd go long periods of time not practicing equations. I finished Alegebra and got an A in it, but I'm looking at your problem and don't remember how to start picking it apart.

That's my problem.

Can someone please step-by-step solve this problem....so I can remember how to do it?

Also what's the "^" for? I don't remember signs very well.

^=raised to the power of.

i can simplify it, and that's pretty much it.

x+2x
-------

3x
---

(3/4)x

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
no, domain is all real numbers. if you square a number, you're essentially ridding yourself of the negative, no matter what x is. (you're giving it an absolute value)

as for zero's, i don't think that's possible either.

lol 0 denominators are evil.

You're absolutely right, but I fucked up in typing the denominator. It was x^2 - 4, not x^2 + 4. Sorry about that. But, with the correction, am I right?

Angel

You're absolutely right, but I fucked up in typing the denominator. It was x^2 - 4, not x^2 + 4. So, (-2)^2 and (2)^2 make it to be 4 - 4. So, with that correction, am I right?

yes, you are.

@Dogen: Exactly.

x^2=x(x) and if you multiply 2 negatives together, you can't get a negative product.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Woot.
We've established ground roots.
Time to build up.
Lol!

I'm currently working on a World History assignment....I'll be back if there are any questions that I've failed to figure out.

If anyone needs help in History, or analytical essays- or even to check their spelling and grammar, that's my specialty.
Why hello thar bff :D

Does anyone know of any good online web tools for homework, studying, flashcards, reviews based on textbooks, etc. etc.?
Public schools usually give you papers with these links to them, but I don't know of any other than sparknotes D:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

The first one is g(x) =

x^3 + 2x
x^2 - 4

It asks for the Domain and possible (if any) zeros of the function. My answer for the domain is all real numbers except for 2 and -2 because either of them would make 4 -4, creating a 0 denominator, which is evil. As for the zeros, I have that there aren't any zeros because assuming you factor the top to be x(x^2 + 2) any value for x^ would be positive. Even if you go with the original x^3 and give x's value a negative number to make the whole thing negative, it'll then make the original 2x negative, so it seems to be impossible to make the numerator equal 0 in any way.

Well, the domain looks good. Also, uh, why haven't you tried x = 0? That gives you a zero without making the denominator 0 too. :\

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Well, the domain looks good. Also, uh, why haven't you tried x = 0? That gives you a zero without making the denominator 0 too. :\

Good point. I completely missed that. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back