• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Homesick

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LionHeart14

Hi everyone. I don't know if anyone remembers me; I used to be pretty active here like 4 years ago lol. I recently rediscovered this site.

Anyway, so, I'm a freshman in college. I'm about two hours away from home (I know that's not that far... but still.) and I'm having some serious homesickness. I've been here for about two weeks now and I feel like I just can't function. I'm very close to my family and it's just been so hard for me not seeing them every day. Like, I call my parents every single day and I feel really bad because half the time I feel like I just burden them with my sniveling

I also miss my friends. I have a single friend up here, who is a girl that I went to high school with (we didn't know each other very well back then but we've gotten pretty close) but other than that I'm completely alone. My roommate and I are on friendly terms but we don't particularly like one another, so that doesn't help. She has a bunch of friends that she went to high school with that go here and they're always out partying, which isn't my thing.

I knew coping with being in a new place would be tough, but I just feel so alone all the time. I'm joining clubs and everything but it's almost like I'm just not interested in getting to know anyone that I meet, despite the fact that I do want to make friends :/ some of my high school friends seem to be doing really well, posting pictures of their newly formed social groups on Facebook and whatnot. I can't help but wonder why I'm having such a hard time with this when no one else I know is.

So, for all of you who have dealt with leaving home and everything that you held dear, how did you manage it? And how long did it take you to get over it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back