• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Homeschooling

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
No, a lot of homeschooling systems run like that as well. You can sign yourself up for certain programs/schools which require you to complete assignments and send those assignments/tests to them to be graded.
Saying "No" doesn't void my point. Simply saying "homeschooling also run like public school" doesn't contradict my observation. In fact, you just described what happens in public schools again.
For example, I am enrolled in a particular school program. I send the school my work through email/mail and they grade it just like they would in public school.
And here, you did it again. You do similar (the same) work when compared to those who go to public school, the only difference is the location you're accomplishing it.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
Saying "No" doesn't void my point. Simply saying "homeschooling also run like public school" doesn't contradict my observation. In fact, you just described what happens in public schools again.

And here, you did it again. You do similar (the same) work when compared to those who go to public school, the only difference is the location you're accomplishing it.
Square-Enix, as smart as you're trying to sound, I fail to see what you are trying to get at here.

So public schools and homeschools can be alike... What does that imply?

My mom chose homeschooling as a better alternative to public school; so that I could get a more focused and just overall better education. That's not to say that all public schools teach poorly, just that the ones here suck and she felt I could be educated better this way.

Equating homeschooling with public schooling won't get you anywhere. There are tons of differences, and depending on the type of person you are, the differences in one field might prove better for yourself.

mesmerized

I had friends who were home schooled. However, I don't care how you get your education, if you're lazy you're not going to get anything done. Laziness isn't a good thing.. I should know I'm one of laziest people in the world lol.

You can kiss your social life goodbye if you are home schooled. Is it that hard to turn in assignments?

From this quote, I think it's true. I was homeschooled in the 4th grade but not by a homeschooling teacher, by my mother. she wanted 2 be a teacher but it's the issue wit her anger, runs in the family but not through me. So she tried 2 be a teacher through me. I personally didn't like it because if she would ask me a question, it would seem like I was waiting 4 someone else 2 answer it but I was the only student. And the social life thing up there. Once I came back 2 school, where I'm with other students, I missed out on a whole lot of things. They used terms 4 some stuff they were talkin about that I didn't get. I had 2 adapt and then see how I would fit in. So, if this responds is too late, I just wanna say try ur hardest in ur current school now because you'll regret it later.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Square-Enix, as smart as you're trying to sound
I love these kinds of retorts, especially from people using phrases like "I beg to differ"
So public schools and homeschools can be alike... What does that imply?
It doesn't imply anything. I told you were describing public schooling. You decided that somehow my observation was incorrect and wanted to "disagree" with it by describing how your homeschooling works, which is exactly like public schooling.
And you did the same thing when I said "Parents with misguided notions teaching their kids is bad". You "begged to differ" and "disagreed" by saying "parents don't homeschool. Schools homeschool."
I was simply a matter of me pointing out that you were not disagreeing with the statements I made. You changed the subject for each response.
If I were to make a point, why get the same (or similar) education in home schooling, when you could go to public school?
Equating homeschooling with public schooling won't get you anywhere.
No, you equated them when you typed up,
"Parents aren't necessarily the ones who teach you. For the most part, you're enrolled in a teaching program run by the appropriately educated teachers who grade your completed work. Your parent(s) just get you started when you're a young and unable to educate yourself. You gain more independence as you continue through the school years."
in response to my post (#31).
I pointed it out to you and you equated them once again in post 40. I then pointed it out in post 41 and I'm still pointing it out in this post.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com
I've been homeschooled, recently actually. It's ok i suppose.But i think that public school is a bit better. I mean, both have their own advantages and disadvantages, but I prefer going to school.

With homeschooling, you have to work slightly harder (well maybe thats what your parents want), it takes a lot of your time in certain cases, and so on and so forth. I had tutors come into my house and teach me everything, but they had to come 4x a week for 1 hr 1/2. I didnt like that. The classes that I wanted to do, i couldnt really do them cuz there are certain classes you are not able to do in homeschool. For ex. computer programing, band, spanish, etc.

And you can't really see your friends which really sucks. I could go on, but ask anything else if you want. lolz.

If you want to do it, go for it. If not, then go to school.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
I love these kinds of retorts, especially from people using phrases like "I beg to differ"
Glad to see you love them.

It doesn't imply anything. I told you were describing public schooling. You decided that somehow my observation was incorrect and wanted to "disagree" with it by describing how your homeschooling works, which is exactly like public schooling.
And you did the same thing when I said "Parents with misguided notions teaching their kids is bad". You "begged to differ" and "disagreed" by saying "parents don't homeschool. Schools homeschool."
I was simply a matter of me pointing out that you were not disagreeing with the statements I made. You changed the subject for each response.
If I were to make a point, why get the same (or similar) education in home schooling, when you could go to public school?
You're going too far with something so small. See here, squeenix. Homeschooling isn't set to one specific teaching method. There are tons. My teaching program just so happens to be similar to a public school programs; but that's just mine. So what if I described public school? There are still differences; the type of curriculum, the difficulty of the material, and so on.

No, you equated them when you typed up,
"Parents aren't necessarily the ones who teach you. For the most part, you're enrolled in a teaching program run by the appropriately educated teachers who grade your completed work. Your parent(s) just get you started when you're a young and unable to educate yourself. You gain more independence as you continue through the school years."
in response to my post (#31).
I pointed it out to you and you equated them once again in post 40. I then pointed it out in post 41 and I'm still pointing it out in this post.
This is just plain ridiculous. I'm happy to see that you love picking at my posts, but I was merely stating how my school program went. There are tons of homeschooling programs that differ greatly from public school programs.
Just clearing that up for you. And I think that's quite enough on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back