• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► HOMESCHOOL i don't wanna do it T.T

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Please excuse my ranting, It's for a reason. Just today, I thought I would be going to a regular old ghetto Highschool. Then my mother, being very critical on my education despite my constant upkeep of A's, decided to sign me up for an advanced computer Highschool.

What makes this so horrible is that I have no say in the matter and have no clue what I'm going to do about my social life. I have friends. It's just that they have now either moved or I would only ever see them at school. That's just the military kid way. And I'm absolutely hating it right now..

I just need people's opinions on what I should do about this, and excuse my noobishness in posting this, it's only my second thread.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I'd slap your mother across the mouth and tell her that she should realise you have balls, tnx.

Tenyas

She's a scaaaarrryyy lady... And once she does something like this I can't really do much. I'm just majorly stumped by the social factor, I can talk to you guys, but it's not the same. T.T *depressed*

Dexel

Beyond hope
Please excuse my ranting, It's for a reason. Just today, I thought I would be going to a regular old ghetto Highschool. Then my mother, being very critical on my education despite my constant upkeep of A's, decided to sign me up for an advanced computer Highschool.

What makes this so horrible is that I have no say in the matter and have no clue what I'm going to do about my social life. I have friends. It's just that they have now either moved or I would only ever see them at school. That's just the military kid way. And I'm absolutely hating it right now..

I just need people's opinions on what I should do about this, and excuse my noobishness in posting this, it's only my second thread.

Ouch. Okay, I'll just speak frankly here, but I've never dealt with this situation, so...

Bad news: Seems your social life is indeed going to toast in this carries through. However, don't remain silent on this issue if you'd hate this as much as you say. Make your opinion here clear that you don't want to end up homeschooled via computer.

See if those classes can be held at the school as well instead of just on the comp: if it is, that's a good bargaining chip there. But most important of all, don't relent from letting her know your mind on this. That moment you just roll over and let her do that to you is the moment it's all over.

However, if you really can't get her to let you go to the school for the classes, then, well...I don't have much to say. In that case, we're always here. Not that you'd find too many friends to see IRL here...not to mention how far down the social factor we are in comparison.

In any case, if you can't reason with her at all, then you're only option left is rebellion or submission. I'll leave the methods up to you if it comes to that extreme...

Sorry I can't give much advice, but I've never even heard of this kind of situation.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Don't let her decide the entirety of yor life for you. If you don't want to do it, explain to her the logic of how it will benefit you more to go to a non-home school in your eyes. If she does not understand it, I think she may be the one who needs further schooling... and to be kept away from the rest of humanity.

Tenyas

Thanks Dexel, but the reason she signed me up for the online study was because schools around here majorly suck. In fact, the only one that managed to pass the WASL was a prep school, and I don't want to be stuck with Giants and Midgets both at the same time. {no offense to anyone} Even that school cant meet her standards.
EDIT: and she is a very convincing woman. She even has Sargeants afraid of her footsteps.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Yeah, being serious now, I gotta say I both feel sorry for you and envy you. I envy you because you won't be going to a school but I feel sorry for you because it's gonna fuck your social life right where it hurts. Alright, try and be positive about this: if you perform well at home, maybe your mother will reward you for this and might go a little easier on you, and you could always have friends around and study pals, and stuff. But if you really don't like it, you need to face her head-on and tell her how you feel, and if you have to, be cruel, because she needs to know she can't walk all over you because it's your life at the end of the day.

But like ^ said, you'll always have friends here, if that's any consolation.

Dexel

Beyond hope
Thanks Dexel, but the reason she signed me up for the online study was because schools around here majorly suck. In fact, the only one that managed to pass the WASL was a prep school, and I don't want to be stuck with Giants and Midgets both at the same time. {no offense to anyone} Even that school cant meet her standards.
EDIT: and she is a very convincing woman. She even has Sargeants afraid of her footsteps.

...OOOOUCH. This is much worse than I thought.

Well...now I really don't have anything to say. I somewhat envy you because I never had any friends and I never liked public schools anyway; but I also pity you because now you got no choice in this matter and your social life is set to deep-fry like that *Kenny tot.

SoD pretty much summed it up about what would be left: best of luck to you on this issue.

*...Basically an over deep-fried tater tot.

Tenyas

Truth is, I've always liked going to school in person. I've been homeschooled before, with my parents as the teachers, and that was the loneliest two years of my life. After that, I didn't really care about what the teachers were like, I just wanted to interact with people, and I still do. It's nice to know that I have friends here, It's just never the same as real life. God, I'm just depressing myself even more...

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Don't get so pent-up about it. Maybe you should tell your parents they're stupid or something and that you prefer to have real teachers in a real environment instead of having to consult a computer all the time. :/ Cry if you have to.

Tenyas

I'm not at a crying stage just a "how could my mom do this?" kind of thing. She knows I like real schools, I told her when she told me about her decision, she said it was for my own good. I'm always able to voice my opinion, it just doesn't have too much of an impact in this.

Dexel

Beyond hope
I'm not at a crying stage just a "how could my mom do this?" kind of thing. She knows I like real schools, I told her when she told me about her decision, she said it was for my own good. I'm always able to voice my opinion, it just doesn't have too much of an impact in this.

But still, that doesn't mean you have to roll over and let her kick you. You voice your opinion once and don't follow through, it's no good. She'll think you're not serious about it.

And don't let her throw you off with the "it's for your own good" phrase. She's not there to walk all over your life or to force you to fit her standards of an ideal child. You're you, ya know?

Tenyas

I hate confrontations with a passion, but your right. I just don't see what my options would be after I spoke my mind though. The original school I was going to go to has a bail out percentage of around half it's students, and I don't want to be in that environment. The prep school is too uptight and I'd rather not deal with kids much younger then me. And you know about my social computer conflict. I just don't have any more options.

quitejaded

I Do Phoenix.
Website
xanga.com
First of all, YOU LUCKY DOG! I wish I was homeschooled! That would free up so much time to do things I am actually interested in! I would have been able to go to dance auditions and be in all sorts of music videos by now.

My philosophy on friends is if you are following your heart, you will make friends. I got into college and started doing that by pursuing my interests and treating people the way I would want to be treated. I guess... I guess I have always been a very popular type of person, but not the good kind. The kind where everyone knows your name for one reason or another and you never know if it is because of something good or bad. So, I've always known a lot of people, but had trouble knowing who was really my friend. When I follow my heart, whomever comes along for the ride is my friend and I make more meaningful friendships through my interests rather than "We go to the same school".

Awards
Home school is fucking terrible. I did it for about three months because of an irreconcilable conflict between myself and the administration of my school, and it was probably the most boring, lonely three months of my life. I know that it sounds wonderful in theory, but I don't recommend it to anybody.

You want a solution to your problem? Let me talk to your mom. Seriously. I will be polite and cordial, you have my word, but I will also tell her bluntly why if she really loves you there is no way she will subject you to that awful, awful lifestyle.

EDIT:
I apologize for the fact that it will probably get less feedback there, but I am moving this to Help and Support because that is where something of this nature really belongs.

Tenyas

I live on a military base, so all my friends aren't military or have moved away. I try to make friends, it's just that everyone in my nieghborhood is much younger then me and I can't relate to them. I do better mingling with adults really, and I'm only 14.

When I do hang out with the younger ones, I'm left in more of a babysitting situation then a friend one. Most I can hope for is someone else to move nearby around my age, so I won't be the oldest one here.

EDIT: she already knows I hate homeschooling, she just won't change her mind though and has already finished all my applications.

Dexel

Beyond hope
I live on a military base, so all my friends aren't military or have moved away. I try to make friends, it's just that everyone in my nieghborhood is much younger then me and I can't relate to them. I do better mingling with adults really, and I'm only 14.

When I do hang out with the younger ones, I'm left in more of a babysitting situation then a friend one. Most I can hope for is someone else to move nearby around my age, so I won't be the oldest one here.

EDIT: she already knows I hate homeschooling, she just won't change her mind though and has already finished all my applications.

Seems like she's set upon it. I can only recommend one course of option to get her to possibly drop this or get pissed off about it, which is about 50-50: Intentionally get low grades.

I know, a desperate course of action, but maybe she'll feel like you're not cut out for advanced classes via computer either and just take you back to a normal school. Or, she can either a( Suspect that you were purposely doing it to get her to take you out of the classes, or b( Come up with a pretty bad punishment for doing so poorly.

Please, I meant not to offend by saying this, I'm just sayng that a desperate situation like this requires desperate measures. You don't want to do that, fine, you don't have to. Either way, all I can really do is wish you luck on the situation and hope things get better for you soon. I certainly couldn't move there even if I wanted.

( Sorry I couldn't help much more, but the only option left I can see is rebellion. She obviously doesn't value your opinion much on the matter, so even if you guys move she won't pull you out of the classes. Maybe you could try to appeal to her better side and eventually get her to move you back to normal school that way, but with her it probably wouldn't work. )

Tenyas

This is her good side. T.T

To purposefully fail a class... Dang, she has me so whipped I've never failed a single class in my short life... Ugh... Everybody IRL who knows me knows that I hate poor grades, but this is actually making me consider it. Thanks for trying, Dexel, it's the thought that counts.

LionHeart14

From how things sound, your moms not gonna change her mind about this. So, I would suggest just trying to make the best out of it. Do you have a cell phone? If you do, try keeping in touch with your friends as much as you can by texting or calling them. If you don't, you should try to talk to your mom about getting one

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I was homeschooled for 3 years.
Listen, it's not that bad. It has a LOT of great perks. You can do your homework in your PJs, eat whenever you want, work at your own pace and have total freedom with vacations, traveling, social events, etc.

But it takes a LOT of discipline. Unless your parents have an active role in forcing you to do your schoolwork at certain dates, it's entirely in your hands to get everything done on time, and that's very hard when you have so much freedom and so much responsibility.

Also, homeschoolers aren't devoid of friends. At least I'm not. I go to church, and the best friends of my life are there, and they were never a bad influence on me so I always had people I could count on.

Don't give up hanging out with your school friends when you can, and now that you have this extra time, USE IT. Do the extra-curricular and community activities you couldn't before. Join a club, or a regional sports team, do community service or charitable acts, or do extra-coursework or summer programs or intensive studies for college. Get a job and balance work hours with school, it's a lot easier with homeschooling, and it's a great way to make more friends. You can't just sit around and do nothing or homework all day, you will go mad. You HAVE to get out and do stuff and be active, work out, meet people, go shopping, have fun, travel, whatever it takes.

You're overlooking a ton of great advantages, but be wary, in order for homeschooling to be of a benefit to you, you have to use it to its fullest and not slouch around otherwise you could get really behind in your work and have nothing to show for it.

And to be honest, if you're going to an "old ghetto high school" I don't really blame your mother.
Homeschooling, when done right, helps you focus on your academics and have it harmonize with your "real life". If you were going to a bad school with bad influences or distractions, I can see why she might be worried.

Regardless, try to take my advice, and just work your hardest and do your best to not slack off.

Also, I highly recommend this high school distance-learning/homeschool program.

Online high school, home school courses: Keystone High School

Nationally-accredited. Online and correspondence courses. AP courses, electives of every kind, foreign languages, and if you decide to go back to public school, since it's accredited, you would have no problem transferring back (like I am this year :p). It also has great teachers that grade all your work, and you can reach them by phone or email at any time. It's perhaps the most reputable program available.

Intentionally get low grades.
And screw up your GPA.
Fantastic plan there.

schools around here majorly suck. In fact, the only one that managed to pass the WASL was a prep school
when she told me about her decision, she said it was for my own good.
Yeah, sorry buddy, but trust me, she probably is working for your own good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back