• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Hollow Hearts Revamped

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Yeah, this were be my fic. ^-^ I wrote it a long time ago, and then, upon realizing that it, well, sooked, I decided to revamp it. So, here's the second better versionness.

Now, listen. I udpart when I wanna. That's how it works. I'll try to do it often, but don't tell ME, tell GOH to tell me.

>.>;

Here we go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Heartless. They infest our worlds. They lurk in the corners of every room, nervous and excited. They wait for those of weak stature to appear, and then the fiends make their move. They fly at the victim, and the battle is on. The Heartless fight each other, tearing at their kin, clawing, biting, and throttling their brethren in a struggle to get a chance at a heart. The heart was a drug to them. It made them ecstatic. It was all they wanted. All they cared about.

This is how we see Heartless. And we're right. That's all they care about now. Because the only thing- the only one- they ever cared about is gone now. Their creator is gone. Hollow has been lost to them, and they have given up looking. The Heartless he creates now obey him for only a short time. Now, he has vowed to never again let these monstrosities walk the worlds. But he doesn't have to create them anymore. His talent has been taken from him. It has been "perfected".

Yes, the Heartless were created as friends for a lonely child. They were not malicious creatures. They have changed, but the change happened after they were lost to Hollow. The truth, though, is that Hollow did not abandon his friends. They were stolen from him. They were deceived. And he can't depend on any of them anymore. Journey now through the tormented boy's life. Try to make sense of it. He has given up trying. He will take the persecution. It only feeds his anger and hatred. Deep down, the hatred is engulfed by sadness. The pain of a wound that can never heal.

To look at him now, you would never guess that Hollow was once a child free of any emotion save happiness. You would never guess that there was once a spirit so free, so truly innocent, that it was capable of befriending anyone. That it could love with everlasting affection. That it could trust anyone.

Now you would see a cold, dry spirit. A lost soul with no emotion but hatred. A nearly-destroyed entity carrying so much pain and so much anguish that it would make your heart break to see through his eyes for just a moment.

Those eyes have seen more pain than can be said.

But it is true that Hollow was once a happy, care-free child. The youth believed that he had grown up in Halloween Town. He believed that he was a part of it, and that he had been born there to parents who died before he could meet them.

This was the lie that the citizens of that dark town fed him every day, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This was the tale that they wove into every fiber of his very being. Later, when it was torn away from him, he said that it could make the fiercest of Deities feel pain for him, even if they didn't show it. But he refused to shed a single tear.

But he believed it, and he believed it for a long time. The boy lived in the dead forest of Halloween Town. A small gate leading to the graveyard was the only other thing there, save a small pond that he looked into every day. Some of the citizens thought that he was trying to picture what he would look like when he was older, thinking that children often have these thoughts. Others believed he was trying to figure out what his parents could've looked like.

The most uncaring and cruel ones said that there was no purpose. That Hollow was just a stuck-up child bent on his looks. None of them had any idea.

We all know what it is like to have no friends, at one time or another. If you don't, you are either very lucky or very ignorant. If you don't know what it feels like to seem to have nobody around that cares about you, you obviously do not pay attention to your surroundings, and your friends aren't your friends at all. So, in the end, even you, the one who has supposedly never felt this pain, have. You just don't know it. Yet.

Hollow knew exactly that that was the pain he was feeling. Though he had no sense of the pain whatsoever, there was a feeling he had named, "not-so-happy". This was as close to sadness as Hollow could get.

So every day when he was peering into the murky pond, he was staring at his features, yes. But he wasn't staring at his soft black hair because he enjoyed it. No, he was looking at his raven head, yellow eyes, dark, jagged hands, larger than any grown man's, and his dark, pointed ears because he was thinking of what his friends should look like. The friends he was going to make. The friends he was going to create.

So, one day, when Hollow was staring hard at the dark water, wondering how he should go about making these friends, he thought about his parents. He thought about death.

He thought about how he would never see them, no matter how hard he wished.

And something very strange happened just then. A black, liquid bead rolled down Hollow's cheek. It came from his eye. Hollow found that ridiculous, and he stared blankly as the dark jewel fell into the liquid darkness before him, breaking the surface tension of the water and unfolding. Liquid coming from one's eye? Unheard of.

Hollow thought that it was a trick of the light, or that some of the water had spashed him or something. But there was nothing near the pond that could've caused such an uproar. There was no light anyway. Except for the big, bright moon, nothing lit Halloween Town's dark forest, and the moon was not out tonight.

Hollow kneeled, still, on all fours, in pure wonderment as more of the things flooded from his eyes, blurring his vision and casting him into darkness momentarily, until he blinked, sending relief through his body. Still, the tears fell.

Hollow wiped his eye, stopping the last of the tears. Before he peered into the water again, Hollow looked at the side of his hand. A dark, sticky substance was forming on it. The water had hardened, was stillhardening. It was morphing into a soft-skinned blob. Hollow waved his hand in disgust and fear, a new emotion to him, and tried to get the little thing off. All he managed to do was fall face-first into the pond, drenching himself in dark water. Pulling his head up and bursting from the water, he gasped at what he saw before him.

Trying to balance on the rock and not faint, Hollow's eyes widened at the sight of the black creatures before him. He was staring at a small group of tiny creatures, dark-skinned with pale, gleaming golden eyes. They pierced his soul, reading him like a book. The things had no mouths. They stared at him blankly.

Hollow waded through the water, kneeling towards one of the creatures. He held a hand out to it, wondering what it was. The midnight-coloured thing stared at his hand, taking several seconds before realizing that it was a gesture of beckoning. It closed its eyes, the light of its yellow orbs still shining a bit through the darkness that was its skin. That light could never go out, Hollow could tell.

The little thing made a cooing noise and walked shakily towards the hand. Grabbing onto it with small, jagged hands, the tiny one looked happy as Hollow pulled it closer to him. It was warm. How was it so warm? It was hollow inside.

Hollow inside. Hollow wondered if that was a joke. Wasn't that called, "irony" or something? He didn't know. He didn't care. But he brought the little creature to his face and stared at it closely.

There wasn't anything inside. It was too light for that. Hollow wondered about this. No heart, no insides at all. Then, he remembered. Of course it doesn't have any insides. I don't know what I look like on the inside, so I didn't give it any inside. I don't believe in hearts, anyway. Not the kind Jack always talks about.

Hollow held the little being closer to himself, hugging it. Its six or seven brothers crawled over to him, enveloping him in darkenss. It was comforting. Nothing could stop that friendship.

Friendship.

I have friends now. And they're just like me.

As Hollow played with these creatures, another person played with the idea of meeting this child.

His name was Ansem. And he was very, very interested in Hollow's new friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, yeah. Enjoy.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
You can kill her if j00 want.

WHERE YA BEEN, KRAZY?! I MISSED THEE!

Ah was all, "Oh em gee, deh Krazy's gone... ;-;"

Very sad. Very sad.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
I'll udpart the band one first. ^-^

So, yeah. I'll udpart this one later tonight.

ESS HAYTCH EYE TEE! SO HAPPY IT'S THURSDAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back