• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hollow Bastion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikazuki

I'm sorry for having to make a thread about this, but I was wondering...

In Kingdom Hearts 2, which of the two castles, the actual one that's part of Radiant Garden or Villain's Vale, is where Maleficent was residing? I know that in one of the "examine" triangle options of looking at Villain's Vale, it says that she use to reside there, but Villain's Vale does not resemble it at all. Not only that, but the castle in Radiant Garden doesn't look identical to the one from Kingdom Hearts 1 either. And in the past cutscene in Kingdom Hearts 1, you see Kairi talking to her grandmother. They're in the library area of Hollow Bastion, meaning that that must have been the original castle, but if that's so and Maleficent's castle was the original castle, why does the game tell you that Villain's Vale is where she use to resign? It's all confusing.

And there's not a possibility of the castle in Radiant Garden being one they just decided to start building from the ground up because it had Ansem's original lab in it, so it was the original.

I could just never figure out this little dilema...I'd appreciate any clarification. :)

LiD

Can, you explain that gain lol i got lost

Um idk what your saying

KingdomSealer

Umm yeah now im confused too lol. I think that the Radient Garden castle is the one Maleficent stayed in in KH1. And then she moved to Villain's Vale in KH2. The reason it looks different is I think because they were restoring the castle to what it used to look like. Its possible it said Maleficent used to reside there because maybe she discontinued to stay there at some point in KH2?

Wait sorry to edit again but I just found this. Villain's Vale - Kingdom Hearts Wiki - A world of information not accessible by Gummiship It explains Villain's Vale as being that area where the Villain's met in KH1 and was only a platform. So I think this is how it goes.
Maleficent lives in Villains Vale for sometime in KH1.
Then she moves into Hollow Bastion(Radient Garden castle) and stays there.
After she is revived in KH2 since Radient Garden is mostly free of darkness, we see the Vale as a castle somewhat and she returns to live there for a while.
This is a guess but I think the article might shine some light on this. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

LiD

Umm yeah now im confused too lol. I think that the Radient Garden castle is the one Maleficent stayed in in KH1. And then she moved to Villain's Vale in KH2. The reason it looks different is I think because they were restoring the castle to what it used to look like. Its possible it said Maleficent used to reside there because maybe she discontinued to stay there at some point in KH2?

Wait sorry to edit again but I just found this. Villain's Vale - Kingdom Hearts Wiki - A world of information not accessible by Gummiship It explains Villain's Vale as being that area where the Villain's met in KH1 and was only a platform. So I think this is how it goes.
Maleficent lives in Villains Vale for sometime in KH1.
Then she moves into Hollow Bastion(Radient Garden castle) and stays there.
After she is revived in KH2 since Radient Garden is mostly free of darkness, we see the Vale as a castle somewhat and she returns to live there for a while.
This is a guess but I think the article might shine some light on this. Hope it helps.

I agree, i believe that the castles are the same, just getting Reconstructed by Leon and Co.

KingdomSealer

well wat if the castil resides in kh2 was the original
but put in darkness

also!!!!
howed pete know where she lived AFTER she died!!!!

Yeah I think that's what the article explains. In KH1 Villain's Vale was a platform where the Villains met, and in KH2 it became a visible area. As I recall the game didn't explain this very well or I missed it. About Pete, im just assuming he knew Maleficent before she died (maybe before KH1) and had been there before.

MegamanX1331

Well, um, there's only one castle in Radiant Garden. In KH1 its the place you explore where Maleficent lives, and a year later in KH2 its fallen apart cause no one is taking care of it (Malef was dead) ...so...yeah...same castle

LiD

Huh, hadn't even realized what that was.

WOAH..watch the double posting please

Yeah I think that's what the article explains. In KH1 Villain's Vale was a platform where the Villains met, and in KH2 it became a visible area. As I recall the game didn't explain this very well or I missed it. About Pete, im just assuming he knew Maleficent before she died (maybe before KH1) and had been there before.

Yes i do believe Pete knew Maleficent before, because of those flashbacks during our Journey in the Sail Boat World (can't think of the name at this time lol)

Raiko

Come break me down
what do you mean by a platform?coz in KHI we actually go to the villains meeting place, you know where we fight maleficent?

A

Audo

I believe Villains Vale is her new hideout. When the larger castle is the one from RG.

KingdomSealer

what do you mean by a platform?coz in KHI we actually go to the villains meeting place, you know where we fight maleficent?

Well if you look closely where you fight Maleficent in KH1it it doesn't look like the same place.
Jafar_Maleficent.JPG

This same platform is seen in Villain's Vale in KH2 when you see Pete there so I dont believe they are the same place. And the Villians meet at Villian's Vale( the platform in KH1) not in the Chapel. Sorry if I keep making things more confusing.

Raiko

Come break me down
its already confusing so dont be sorry. but one of them is definately AtW's. hmm when i see oogie boogie,i saw the chapel's background for some reason and ths pic you gave wasnt abit clear.

A

Audo

Except all in KH1 the villains are actually meeting in the Chapel =/

Mikazuki

Well if you look closely where you fight Maleficent in KH1it it doesn't look like the same place.
Jafar_Maleficent.JPG

This same platform is seen in Villain's Vale in KH2 when you see Pete there so I dont believe they are the same place. And the Villians meet at Villian's Vale( the platform in KH1) not in the Chapel. Sorry if I keep making things more confusing.

Except all in KH1 the villains are actually meeting in the Chapel =/

Thank you Riku, I thought I was going to have to type an answer for that one. *Rolls eyes* :p

Anyway, it wouldn't say that Maleficent resides there. The examination facts that you get through pressing triangle are things that Sora knows, and he didn't know that Maleficent was residing there. Also,when did she have time to contrust a castle if she was dead? When Pete got there, he called around for her, showing that he didn't know if she was there, so it was his first time there. So he obviously didn't build it. Everyone else was "busy," and by that I mean trapped in lamps, leaked all their bugs out, exploded into a cloud of ink, ect.. Also, Villain's Vale was not there in Kingdom Hearts 1. There was one castle. So this means that no one built it while Maleficent was dead, and it wasn't there originally. o_O I think a better question might be...Is that like that world's version of a blemish? Did it grow a pimple over time? @.@

I can't make any sense of it. And also, I don't believe Maleficent lived at or anywhere near Radiant Garden before taking it over. She most likely had the world of Sleeping Beauty's, though this may not be her doing, taken in darkness, she escaped, and searched out to find a new castle. She stumbled upon Radiant Garden, raised a Heartless army, and attacked, and they weren't really prepared for how to deal with a Heartless army, plus most of their warriors (Cloud, Yuffie, Aerith [Warrior, what am I thinking?], and Leon were only children since it was ten years ago) were too young to fight.

^ ^ That's actually pretty ironic. The world that starts the development of Heartless and does so in the name of finding a way to stop a tragedy from befalling them, originally that is, has a tragedy fall upon them...Through the means of Heartless...<.< I can almost taste it. Irony is a little salty.

T

tazztig

You can't really see the pic, but she almost use's everyone to get what she wants.>>

Mikazuki

...O...K? We all know for a fact that the place where the villain's meet is the Chapel of Kingdom Hearts 1's Hollow Bastion castle, that's pretty much cleared. And where that "She almost uses everyone to get what she wants" comment came from is beyond me. I mean she does, but...Time and place tazztig, time and place...

What we're REALLY debating, is about the two castles in Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion/whatever they're going to feel like changing the name to to screw with us.

"Welcome to Sora-ville!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back