• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~*Holding Out For A Hero*~(Sequel to AiL)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noezel7

yeah that's what i'm doing right now, except i'm updating my fan fic not yours. of course if i was updating yours it would be my fan fic and that's not right. wow i just confuzzled myself.
*makes herself feel smarter by putting together a two piece puzzle*
Ha take that modern society!
-_-

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return; to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first law of Equivilent Exchange.

For all that I've lost, I haven't gained a single thing back; for in less than 24 hours, I had gained love, and lost it. After that, nothing could ever be the same again.

There's just too much that time cannot erase.​

~~~~~S~o~r~a~~~~~​

We had long ago left the forest, and we now trudged down a dirt path with other survivors of the Tripods. To our left, the earth inclined into a hill, and at the top, tanks and other army personel shot down upon whatever lay at the other side of the hill. Riku, Ketso, and I had fallen deathly silent; what were we to say? What could be said about this chaotic world?

Catch me as I fall
Say you're here and it's all over now
Speaking to the atmosphere
No one's here and I fall into myself
This truth drives me
Into madness
I know I can stop the pain if I will it all away

Combat planes blasted past us, successfully making me jump out of my skin, "Oh, shi-"

The aircrafts had released several missles in rapid succession, drowning out my near-curse. Along with the planes, helicoptors and multiple tanks sped past us, up the hill; reinforcements. Hundreds of the people around us also flooded up the hill, revenge and hateful malice glinting in their eyes.

Don't turn away
(Don't give in to the pain)
Don't try to hide
(Though they're screaming your name)
Don't close your eyes
(God knows what lies behind them)
Don't turn out the light
(Never sleep, never die)

Ketso, playing the part of the noble hero, pointed to a young girl wrapped in various coats standing near a lone tree, and he shouted over the guns, "That girl! She can't stay there! She might di-"

"She'll be fine! She's probably with someone!" I returned, also yelling over the noise of the various weapons.

I'm frightened by what I see
But somehow I know that there's much more to come
Immobilized by my fear
And soon to be blinded by tears
I know I can stop the pain if I will it all away

Ketso frowned, shaking his head rapidly, and yelling, "We hafta help her! She could die if we don't!"

"She wouldn't just stand there in the line of fire for nothing! Someone specifically instructed her to stay there! And they're coming back!" I shouted back, waving my arms frantically.

Don't turn away
Don't try to hide
Don't close your eyes
Don't turn out the light
(Never sleep, never die)

"Do whatever you want! I'm going to help her!" Ketso retorted, running up the hill towards the girl.

No, idiot! I slapped a hand to my forehead in frustration. Riku instantly sprinted up the hill after the retreating blonde, but I pouted a bit at the two before following after them up the hill and towards Ketso, Riku, and the girl in question. Ketso was kneeling down to her level, eyes very calm and soft.

"Little girl, " The blonde started, "what are you doing? You have to get out of here! You can come with u-"

"No!" She interjected, small eyes wide at the thought of leaving, "My dad's getting my brother! I have to wait..."

Fallen angels at my feet
Whispered voices in my ear
Death before my eyes
Lying next to me, I fear
She beckons me, shall I give in
Upon my end, shall I begin
Forsaking all I've fallen for
I rise to meet the end

"Told you, "I said to Ketso.

He glared at me icily, then turned back to the girl with a concerned expression, "I don't think they're going to come back, but we can help you."

"No, they're coming back!" She cried, trying to convince both herself and Ketso at once.

There was a sudden, fire-induced explosion, and the flames burst over the hill, licking at the top of it, dangerously close to us. The girl futily reached her hand towards the fire, horrified. Burning with orange flames, Tripods rose out of the fire, and surveyed the screaming, terrified people slowly.

"DAD! ROBBY!" The girl shrieked, her voice cracking effectively.

Don't turn away
Don't try to hide
Don't close your eyes
Don't turn out the light
(Never sleep, never die)

~~~~~M~e~g~a~n~~~~~​

Eye twitching, I scrambled back onto the deck, only to slam into Aozora and fall back on my butt. The blonde stooped over, hauling me to my feet easily, and I winced, rubbing my backside painfully. Ignoring the pain for the time being, I pointed at the oncoming iceburg and the Wyvern that rested atop it.

"You see that?" I asked the blonde beside me.

"The iceburg or the Wyvern..." He said quietly.

"...Both, I guess..." I shrugged.

"...Did you know that Titanic sunk faster than originally thought?" Aozora commented, gazing at the iceburg before us.

I blinked, then slowly turned my head to tilt my head at the blonde, "Are you kidding?"

"...I wish."

All I could do was laugh hysterically, and frequently tried to say things like "FASTER! HAH!", "IT SANK FASTER!", and "WE'RE ALL DEAD!! HAHAHAHA!" Meanwhile, Aozora was giving me the absolutely, most weirded-out face he could muster, and the blonde took a careful step away from me.

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
war of the worlds.. awesome. so when do they realize that all the people are being harvested for food for the uber uglyness that is teh aliens? o.o and is there gonna be an updart soon...?

poptart....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back