• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ho hum

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Request on Earth by ~Kemine on deviantART

Goal 1: Fix anatomy (I'm getting there, but the arm is short and his head seems odd. Sadly, I did not catch all this till I was almost done, and so did what I could short of redoing it or making it feel as though I was.)

Goal 2: Make not so disturbing eyes. XD Or is it just me, that the eyes are staring you down?

The plus side? It has a background! The coloring turned out good (still thinking about the skin) also.

Anyways, tried something different with this, dA info thingy is win. Yes. WIN.

Enjoy, comment, etc.

Subtly Inspiring
Main problem I see is that you draw lines where there should be shades. Plus the eyes are shaped weird. Like perfect football shapes.
if it's dark then the skins wouldn't just be dark, it would have blue tones in it.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Main problem I see is that you draw lines where there should be shades. Plus the eyes are shaped weird. Like perfect football shapes.
if it's dark then the skins wouldn't just be dark, it would have blue tones in it.

I think when originally drawing it I'd put those lines in there as a reference and forgot to take them out later, so thanks for mentioning that, I shall remember that.

Hm, I guess the blue didn't appear as well as I hoped. I've never actually done dark skin before and I am not close friends with anyone who has dark skin or is African or anything (I think Spyells originally wanted it to be like African skin), so when I drew this, I didn't want to do something I didn't know how to do. I tried finding tutorials to see what colors are in African or dark skin, but there were none, but I found one about the color I used here, and they're the ones who had said use different colors. But I'll keep that tip in mind, more blue in dark skins.

Thanks for the comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back