• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HIV and AIDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Global AIDS report shows drops in new HIV cases, AIDS-related deaths - CNN.com

This is good, but I hope that the numbers will continue to decrease. Also, why's it taking so long to find a cure or vaccine?

How has the HIV and AIDS impacted your life?

It impacted mine by making me more careful. A few years ago, not too far from here, a dentist was sued real bad because he put his hand into someone's mouth without a glove on. The dentist was HIV or AIDS positive and had a sore on his hand. The girl he was attending to got infected and died. That made me pay real close attention to my dentist to make sure he has gloves on.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
Hm...I cannot say it has affected me significantly (though you example makes me question why I take it so lightly)-but it's nice to know the percentile is decreasing. All AIDS have ever done for me is ensure I have protection and never engage in casual sex (which I find disgusting either way)

Aside from that...not much. Though, I will keep you example in mind :p

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
It hasn't really affected me much, and the first time I found out about it was when I met my cousin's cousin. Their whole family has AIDS. Or they were all HIV positive, I don't remember.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Other than the fact that I watch very closely when people are drawing my blood or giving me injections or sticking their hands in my mouth, it hasn't affected my life much. I'm a virgin and don't plan on having sex with anyone who has HIV/AIDS so for the most part I think I'm good.

One day when I graduate I would like to go to Africa and do missions work for a while, though, and that might entail dealing with people who have HIV.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
This is good news. I thought my generation would have to live in fear because of these diseases.

O

Oberon

the reason aids is so hard to be vaccinated for is... because it's one of these.

Glad to see HIV/AIDS is starting to decrease.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
this is what i heard...i don't think you should take it srsly. A black man found the cure for it but scientist rejected it because he was black and the only way they could believe him that it was the cure was if he infected himself with AIDS and teseted the shit on himself. After hearing this i think the people that came up with this stuff wanted to fuck around with everybody's mind

Hey, that one African American civil rights movement thing happened like 40-50 years ago. The first recognized case of AIDs was in the early 1980's. I don't understand why his race would have been an issue.

State

Awards
Also, why's it taking so long to find a cure or vaccine?
/implying that the government doesn't keep secrets.
Just because you haven't heard or seen of a vaccine or cure doesn't mean it doesn't exist. How do you think the world would react to a cure of HIV and AIDS? One of the most possible scenarios would be that thousands of people would jump from the get go and have sex.

In summation:
It's possible that a cure is out there but they're hiding it because of many ignorant minds.

State

Awards
This is what i believe too, to prevent world population increase they are scaring everybody into thinking that HIV/AIDS has no cure so that people won't have sex

Apart from world population increase, there's also world order.

Marly

Awards
Haha, what? Population control? We're talking about a virus here people, as in, no cure for a virus has ever been found. So unless you're implying that the government has been keeping cures for all different viruses under wraps even before overpopulation was considered, I just find it hard to buy into the whole government conspiracy thing.

Marly

Awards
I don't understand what you're trying to say. At least for the first part of your post.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Well that's good. Hopefully people wont start getting comfotable about this though, they AIDS/HIV problem is still really serious

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
I heard on the radio the other day that there was some new type of pill that was suppose to help reduce AIDS.

It's suppose to be super expensive though, either $33 or $60 a pill I can't remember.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I haven't heard of that, do you remember what radio station it was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back