Hitman (2016) is an episodic action-adventure stealth video game developed by IO Interactive and published by Square Enix for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It is the sixth entry in the Hitman series.
Hitman is a third-person stealth video game in which players take control of Agent 47, a genetically enhanced, superhuman assassin, traveling to international locations and eliminating contracted targets. As in other games in the Hitman series, players are given a large amount of room for creativity in approaching their assassinations.
- Hitman has gone episodic: Definitely one of the more polarizing features of the latest installment. Hitman episodes are scheduled to be released throughout 2016, Starting from March 2016 while the final episode should be released towards the end of the year. However, the game will likely continue to be updated frequently even after the story is complete. Each episode typically contains a brand new sandbox location in a new country.
Buying Options: These episodes can be purchased in a lot of different ways. You can purchase the Intro Pack for $14.99, which contains a prologue training mission and Episode 1. For those who enjoyed the Intro Pack can purchase the Upgrade Pack for $49.99, Which includes access to the rest of the game and it's features. For those who prefer to pay by episode, you can purchase each episode individually for $9.99. And finally, there is Hitman: The Full Experience. It includes the entire game and all past and future episodes. It is priced at $59.99.
Prologue: Classified ICA Facility (Intro Pack)
Episode 1: Paris (Intro Pack)
Episode 2: Sapienza - Italy (RELEASED)
Episode 3: Marrakesh - Morocco (RELEASED)
Episode 4: Thailand
Episode 5: USA
Episode 6: Japan
- Elusive Targets:
An Elusive Target is the closest thing to the Hitman fantasy that we've ever created. Each one is a custom-created character with their own backstory and their own unique reason for being in that location. We call them Elusive Targets because they are added to an existing location for a limited time in real-time and you'll only have one chance to take them down. If you kill them, that's the way that you killed them. There are no do-overs and no second chances. When an Elusive Target leaves the game world, they never return.
As always, Diana will brief you with critical intel that will help you track down and kill the target. That intel is more important than ever because Elusive Targets do not appear as targets on the mini map or instinct. You'll need to explore, find your target, study their movements and come up with a plan to eliminate them - all whilst playing. The pressure will be on when you've got the target in your sights. If you miss the shot and chaos breaks loose, you will need to have a plan B, because the save-game is disabled during an Elusive Target contract.
We know that Elusive Targets are not going to be easy, they were designed that way.
List of Elusive Targets:
1. The Forger - Sergei Larin - Paris (Inactive)
2. The Congressman - Anthony L. Troutt - Sapienza (Inactive)
3. The Prince - Father Adalrico Candelaria - Sapienza (Inactive)
4. The Sensation - Jonathan Smythe - Paris (Inactive)
5. The Gunrunner - Vito Duric - Marrakesh (Inactive)
6. The Twin - Dylan Narvaez - Sapienza (Inactive)
7. The Wildcard - Gary Busey - Sapienza (Inactive)
I'll continue to add more info over time, if there is any interest.
Has anyone else played this? What are your thoughts on the new Hitman?
Personally, it's a mixed bag for me. I have a lot of gripes when comparing it to older titles, but it's addicting as hell.