• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

His eyes couldn't lie

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flurry

SO I'm sure we all know in Kh2 Riku wore a blindfold . But I want to know why? I didn't get it when Sora asked and Mickey said "His eyes couldn't lie." I am like what dose that mean?! I have been wondering for a while now...

Shinra

Banned
Awards
not really... he had to cover his eyes to not only keep the darkness back, but so that the organization couldn't recognize him... and the reason why is as if one of them looked into his eyes, They could figure out who he is and since he was responsible for killing Zexion and Lexaeus... They were on the lookout for him.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
not really... he had to cover his eyes to not only keep the darkness back, but so that the organization couldn't recognize him... and the reason why is as if one of them looked into his eyes, They could figure out who he is and since he was responsible for killing Zexion and Lexaeus... They were on the lookout for him.
when was this confirmed? i dont remember this.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I honestly thought that Riku wore that thing over his eyes, so that he could suppress Xehanort's Heartless from taking control over him. It was sort of like that Riku could control Xehanort's Heartless only for a small amount of time without the bandana over his eyes and then he had to put it back on to regain his usual form. But, when he met Roxas he couldn't let him go back to the castle and probably get himself killed. Because, if that were to happen then Sora wouldn't have his memory restored. So, he was forced to plunge himself into darkness and take on Xehanort's Heartless' form to gain the upperhand.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Here's what the Days novels say about it:
The wind whistled past. The chilliness of it made Riku stir. It had only been days he and Mickey had parted ways.

“Sorry, your Majesty,” Riku said in a low voice, looking down from the top of a cliff. He didn’t know why Mickey had left, and he still didn’t have his answers.

This place was a wasteland on the outskirts of a town called Hollow Bastion.

I still can’t control the darkness inside of me—control Ansem. What do I have to do to become free? Or, is it already too late to ever become free?

If you could stare straight ahead without being afraid of the dark, the things you fear would vanish.

How could I not be afraid?

It’s hard to know where the light is, if it’s always shining. But if the world was covered in darkness, you’d be able to pinpoint the light. If everything was covered in darkness…

Riku covered his own eyes with the black cloth he held in his hand.

If I can just hold the darkness back, I’m sure I could become better person.

Riku jumped off the cliff, swinging his blade.

It seems to imply that wearing a blindfold makes it easier to pinpoint the source of light (only the brightest lights make it through the cloth, try it yourself!). I guess this is a metaphor for the things that really matter or something? So wearing the blindfold makes it easier to focus on his goal and shut out everything else and not be afraid of the darkness?

Then, I always interpreted what Mickey said to mean as, Riku had to blind himself to his own light in order to fully use his darkness power. He had to lie to himself and pretend he had no light... or something lol

Last edited:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I personally took it to mean that his eyes had turned gold, and he wore the blindfold to lie to himself about what it meant (that he didnt have a strong a hold on Xehanort's Heartless' darkness as he wanted to).

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Take it at face value - blindfold off = Rikunort. Blindfold on = Riku. By hiding his eyes - which couldn't lie - he was fooling himself into thinking he could still fight it.
Metaphorical value beyond it is up to every individual.

I personally took it to mean that his eyes had turned gold, and he wore the blindfold to lie to himself about what it meant (that he didnt have a strong a hold on Xehanort's Heartless' darkness as he wanted to).

So many people wanted him to have golden eyes xD;

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
about Riku getting the blindfold back, maybe it's completely made out of the darkness in Rikus body

nah, it's a plot hole

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I mean, why didn't Riku get golden eyes like Braig after being possessed by XH's? His eyes still remained emerald. But, the only thing that changed was that if he took off his blindfold then XH's would take over.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It seems that golden eyes is a result of taking the Darkness in and undergoing some change as a result. Riku fought the Darkness with all his might, as opposed to Master Xehanort and later on Braig, and no doubt Isa as well.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
He more of decided to coexist with it, in conjunction with light. This may have been what kept him from getting the orange eyes.

His decision to co-exist with it came in Re:CoM after he basically convinced himself he was 'better' than everyone else who used the Darkness. That didn't stop him from almost losing to XH again and thus the whole mess with the blindfold even came to be. He was struggling and clinging to his Self with all he had; that didn't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back