• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hironubu?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Hironobu Sakaguchi spent a lot of time on the Final Fantasy movie ( The Spirits Within, not Advent Children ) writing and directing everything. The movie flopped unfortunately, and it's not said directly in his interviews, but you could tell he was saddened that all of his effort was generally snubbed. After two years of basically inputting very little to Squaresoft, which then became Square-Enix after merging with Enix, Sakaguchi cited "creative differences" and left S-E to create a new game development studio called "Mistwalker". They've most notably are in production for Xbox360 RPG titles such as Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. He's enlisted the help of Nobuo Uematsu, whom also left S-E to found his own studio entitled "Smile, Please Inc." to compose the soundtrack for Blue Dragon. Sakaguchi is a big Evercrack fan ( Everquest, har har har... ) and expressed a desire to create games for the online community. He also desires to return to filmmaking, but would be a venture he'd continue far into the future.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
dark_dutchman said:
So he really did leave SS when it fused... tnx Shamdeo, this helps me out a lot. Now i know that he's still making storylines for upcoming games.

Yes, but that wasn't why he left.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Okay then I have to tell you youre wrong, topic poster.

Sakaguchi didnt write FF7, FF8 nor FF10s story... That was Nojima's work. ;)
Sakaguchi was the producer of the games.

dark_dutchman

on the fine line between being depressed and being
The Mistwalker studio Shamdeo was talking about, has it released any games yet?

Square Ninja said:
...and that's why they don't even compare to the rest.

i know what you mean, you can still see traces of him in the FF series and even in KH (Cid and Wedge and the name of Espers as summons).

i also noticed that the FF series is changing from turn-based to realtime(sucks).

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Square Ninja said:
...and that's why they don't even compare to the rest.
Yes. Indeed..
Mistwalker is going to be at the top, not Square-Enix, Square hade it chance but they ruined it with FFVII this and that..

He was smart for leaving when he did..Now will see games that have a good plot and will have kick ass games..

Lost Odyssey, is the one I cant wait for as well as Blue Dragon.
If anyone says 360 don't have any good games needs to slap..

Mistwalker FTW..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back