• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hip Hop needs a Makeover

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Who else thinks that this is true with Hip Hop or just Rap in General. For the Past couple of years I've seen like the worst sides of the industry like when 50 cent came in but you guys tell me what you think about this

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
^^Nah when 50 cent came in it was hot. Get Rich or Die Tryin' was one of the hottest albums I have heard along with Reasonable Doubt and All Eyez on Me. But when 2005 started, everyone including 50 killed it...even Kanye. Now 50 and Kanye are doing the best they can to revive it.

50-Hustler's Ambition
Kanye-Heard em say

^^They are trying, but we can't have it like this or hip hop will die soon. We need Nas to come back with Jay-Z and make a collabo album, bring it back.

Mobb Deep-Blood Money in feb. 2006
Lloyd Banks- After Blood Money
Young Buck-After Banks

^^These 3 albums will bring back hip hop the way it suppose to be, not because they are just in G Unit. Dr. Dre is even coming out with the Detox, so 2006=recovery year.

A perfect example of destroying hip hop=Laffy Taffy

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Okay I agree with you on a couple of things except the 50 cent Young Buck and Mobb Deep thing its basically their fault or atleast I believe its there fault where we're at in the industry I mean left and right I hear this song called Grillz by Nelly and I say to myself how many times have I hear a song about that cause if you think about there are no more creative rappers in the industry no more well except for the few out there that I know of but in the long run its like this I'm always hearing a song with woman being talked about like his my B ya'll ain't got nothing on her or something like that especially in Lil Waynes new Song Fireman he got that line in there talking about my women can't wear that cause that's where my D at I beginning to hate the Rap industry and everything it basically stands for man I tell you more later though

Unknown KeyBl@de

^^Preach

Hip-hop needs a extreme makeover.I'm sure detox can bring some of it back.nowadays you can't say sh*t without meanin somethin else.And people
have been takin shots at rap cuz all you hear when you turn on the radio:booty booty booty booty rockin everywhere!I think for 1 that Mr.collipark should be assasinated.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Thanks for telling me that squall but that has nothing to do with the thread so that's spam

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Okay I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this so if you don't like the thread then just leave now back to the discussion

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
Okay I agree with you on a couple of things except the 50 cent Young Buck and Mobb Deep thing its basically their fault or atleast I believe its there fault where we're at in the industry I mean left and right I hear this song called Grillz by Nelly and I say to myself how many times have I hear a song about that cause if you think about there are no more creative rappers in the industry no more well except for the few out there that I know of but in the long run its like this I'm always hearing a song with woman being talked about like his my B ya'll ain't got nothing on her or something like that especially in Lil Waynes new Song Fireman he got that line in there talking about my women can't wear that cause that's where my D at I beginning to hate the Rap industry and everything it basically stands for man I tell you more later though

Homie, it wasn't 50s fault for nelly making the song "grillz".

Do you even listen 2 young buck? Damn, he has every track killing with meaningful/gangsta. You listen to 50 cent's soundtrack of the movie? Hell yea a big change, only one song being a club banger. Mobb Deep has gotten street credit for years so you can't say shit about them.

The artists I think who are killing hip hop-D4L, Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Nelly, Chingy, Lil Wayne (now), Lil Flip, Bun B, Juelz Satana, Lil Bow Wow, Jermiane Dupri, Dem FRanchise boys, 50 cent (not now though), Purple Ribbon All Stars, and the worst ever Chamillionaire.

Last edited:

helios

Bronze Member
Drama Setter said:
Homie, it wasn't 50s fault for nelly making the song "grillz".

Do you even listen 2 young buck? Damn, he has every track killing with meaningful/gangsta. You listen to 50 cent's soundtrack of the movie? Hell yea a big change, only one song being a club banger. Mobb Deep has gotten street credit for years so you can't say shit about them.

The artists I think who are killing hip hop-D4L, Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Nelly, Chingy, Lil Wayne (now), Lil Flip, Bun B, Juelz Satana, Lil Bow Wow, Jermiane Dupri, Dem FRanchise boys, 50 cent (not now though), Purple Ribbon All Stars, and the worst ever Chamillionaire.
???????????????????? Lil wayne and chamillionaire no hell no im sorry Drama but chamillionaire has some of the best lyrics out there he is a great rapper. Juelez and dipset have that phucked up flow what the hell is rootie tootie that has to be the lamest words ive ever heard in a song but Mike jones yes he sucks all you hear is diamonds, grills, and candy whips but never the less there will always be the ones who are hooked on that type of bulls**t all they do is slap on another beat and rearrange their words no flow whatsoever but im impressed with lil wayne he has stepped his game up over the years from being with cashmoney the others i really couldnt care for.

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
helios said:
???????????????????? Lil wayne and chamillionaire no hell no im sorry Drama but chamillionaire has some of the best lyrics out there he is a great rapper. Juelez and dipset have that phucked up flow what the hell is rootie tootie that has to be the lamest words ive ever heard in a song but Mike jones yes he sucks all you hear is diamonds, grills, and candy whips but never the less there will always be the ones who are hooked on that type of bulls**t all they do is slap on another beat and rearrange their words no flow whatsoever but im impressed with lil wayne he has stepped his game up over the years from being with cashmoney the others i really couldnt care for.

Chamillionaire be spitting sick shit on his mixtapes...but his album=smh at him even trying.

Lil wayne-His past 2 cds....Tha Carter I and Tha Carter II. Enough said.

helios

Bronze Member
True but there is still some hits "In the trunk" "Ridin" "southern takeover"...........so his albums not all that great he really didnt even use alot of help and yes i have all his mixtapes and for that he should go down as one of the greats.

Xell

Wait, wut?
Don't be dissing Mobb Deep, as for 50.. Well... If it wasn't for 50 then we wouldn't of heard the game >_<

helios

Bronze Member
Hey it happens to the best of us i remember i was spittin some hot sh1t for a week and got stompped and went into a slump for 2 weks it happens to the best of us look at 50 his first album the shiznit the 2nd not so great as the first but i still liked it there will always be times when you flop you just have to show whats up next time.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Oh yeah I'll tell ya'll other group that I think is killing us Field Mob I like the new song they got with Luda and all but to me they kinda ruined all at the same time I mean how can you remake a classic song like that man some one please tell me seriously but about

50 cent man I'm sorry I really don't like him end of story to me like I said before he is beginning to ruin the industry for good maybe Ice Cube and Dr. Dre can being it back but probably not like the old days when hits use to keep coming from everyone even R/B artists but now I'm questioning the R/B industry cause its same as Hip Hop I think it needs a little makeover

Shinjuku

Entrapment
don't really care much about reppin my state what the hell have they done for me when I was feeling down about myself or when I was sick but Tupac's California love that was his own song not something I don't think he recreated

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
It's true somewhat. IMO I think that it was just a bad year. The Massacre=flop. Late Registration=flop. The Sound of Revenge=flop. However 2006 may be our reedeming year or at least I hope.

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
^^Hell yea it was the worst year of hip hop to date.

Dr. Dre Detox-2006

Mobb Deep-Blood Money-Febuary 2006

D12-Fall 2006

Eminem-Winter 2006

Lloyd Banks-summer 2006

^^those albums are going to recover hip hop

Kanye West is still deciding to come out on his 3rd album (graduation) late december or jan of 07=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back