• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Hikaru Utada working on new album, recently gave birth to baby!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Her mother committed suicide?! Oh wow, that must have been so hard for her.

Her mom suffered from depression and some kind of mental illness and had tried committing suicide before until...yeah. Utada went dark on Twitter after that until she announced she was getting married.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i actually thought this was confirmed a while back by Siliconera.

Confirmed what? That she's be returning for KH3 or that she was working on a new album?

If it was KH3, it was just her father who was mistaken about the question that he was asked.

If it was the album, that went under the radar from an announcement in a Japanese magazine and most people held off on believing until Utada confirmed it herself, which she just did today.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Why feel ashamed as long as she's doing what she loves? :p Especially if she is inspired from the new addition to her life.
Mostly because I know it was a pregnant lady doing this work, I don't know why, but that always kind of irks me. Even more so now, because she should just be focusing on her newborn child more than anything (shouldn't even be thinking about work for now (maybe after a few months)); I for one just want her to relax (well not exactly relax, baby needs to be taken care of) because motherhood is exhausting, both mentally and physically.

PS Her mother was depressed and killed herself!? Geez, that hits me close to home

Last edited:

Larxene012

Banned
it doesn't bother me, in fact its because of these events, she has to let it out and let others know about it. I'm sure she wont neglect her newborn. She has a lot of support with family. and producing an album may be time consuming, but if it comes naturally, it wont take up too much of her time.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Neither does it bother me. If she loves it, and family is supporting her w/help caring for the child and such, there should be nothing stopping her. Also she's proly making sure she organizes her time too. I would if I were in her shoes. ^^

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Oh nonononononono! I'm not saying that! God, I'm sure she'll be a great mother! Of course she won't neglect the baby! But now she has to slowly adjust to this new life of hers and wait at least six weeks for her to get back in her peak physical condition again! I'm thinking of her and her health; if it comes naturally? Sure, write some lyrics down, but her main concern all in all should be her and the baby right now, nothing more, especially work.

Anywho, my opinion is motherhood is a huge life alteration, it would take any woman time to emotionally ready themselves for the years about to come (and they don't have long to do it), and despite how clean it looks on paper, there is no pre-planning or organizing with a newborn, they need 24/7 care and that's going to exhaust Utada.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh nonononononono! I'm not saying that! God, I'm sure she'll be a great mother! Of course she won't neglect the baby! But now she has to slowly adjust to this new life of hers and wait at least six weeks for her to get back in her peak physical condition again! I'm thinking of her and her health; if it comes naturally? Sure, write some lyrics down, but her main concern all in all should be her and the baby right now, nothing more, especially work.

Anywho, my opinion is motherhood is a huge life alteration, it would take any woman time to emotionally ready themselves for the years about to come (and they don't have long to do it), and despite how clean it looks on paper, there is no pre-planning or organizing with a newborn, they need 24/7 care and that's going to exhaust Utada.

She's already started work on the album while she was pregnant.

She already said it'll be awhile until the album is actually finished though, so it is pretty safe to assume she isn't going to rush into it and will give her baby the love and attention it needs and then finish the album when she feels ready.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Huh, I never knew that she was pregnant. Hell, I didn't even know she remarried.

Anyways, I just hope that she'll feel compelled to write a new song for Kingdom Hearts III (and that Disney is compelled to give her due recompense for translating it as well). I don't really listen to her music too much, but when she composes a good song, she composes a damn good song. At any rate, hoping she and her family the best.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Huh, I never knew that she was pregnant. Hell, I didn't even know she remarried.

Anyways, I just hope that she'll feel compelled to write a new song for Kingdom Hearts III (and that Disney is compelled to give her due recompense for translating it as well). I don't really listen to her music too much, but when she composes a good song, she composes a damn good song. At any rate, hoping she and her family the best.

Very few knew she was pregnant, but she was very public about her marriage and even has photos of the wedding on her blog!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I still stand by what I feel; knowing she would be doing any kind of work right now would definitely leave a bad taste in my mouth after listening to the album.

Honestly, it is entirely up to her what she does post-pregnancy. If she wants to record and release an album, why feel bad about it? Take it as the gift it is. It's not like she's being forced to do this by fans. She chose to start working on it. I doubt her label is pressuring her, either, especially since she was pregnant and now is a new mother.

There is absolutely nothing to feel bad about.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Super exciting. The timing of this bodes well for the potential of a new original Utada song being the theme song for KH3. But regardless, awesome to hear that there's any new music of hers at all, and congrats to her for the baby!

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Yes please Utada, the KH3 song pleaaase...
Even if it's only in Japanese, no need to create an English rendition, I'm positive people don't mind!!

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Since everyone seems to be sharing some of their fave Utada works, here's mine.

[video=youtube;_6Y6CsnFw44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Y6CsnFw44[/video]

(Still upset this wasn't the theme for DDD even though DDD had the best opening nonetheless)

Honestly, this has me more convinced she will return. I feel like Nomura will be what helps convince her to. If I remember correctly, didn't Utada have beef with Disney because of her localized songs? Or am I misremembering?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I hope she does sing for KH3~! And I sure wouldn't mind it subbed if that's what it takes to get her to do it one last time. ^^

Oh and here's one of my favs. For a long time this was "OMG, I'm in BIG trouble now!" song..

[video=youtube;K0p4V5DLxKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0p4V5DLxKU[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back