• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Hikaru Utada working on new album, recently gave birth to baby!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Since everyone seems to be sharing some of their fave Utada works, here's mine.

[video=youtube;_6Y6CsnFw44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Y6CsnFw44[/video]

(Still upset this wasn't the theme for DDD even though DDD had the best opening nonetheless)

Same xD Perfect song! Sometimes I feel like Nomura drew inspiration from it at some point in the past

Honestly, this has me more convinced she will return. I feel like Nomura will be what helps convince her to. If I remember correctly, didn't Utada have beef with Disney because of her localized songs? Or am I misremembering?

Well, it started with Disney just not paying her enough for the work she was doing. I think they rubbed a bit of salt into the wound by taking "Sakura Drops" and writing an English version for their Disney on Ice show without her permission or asking her to do the English version.

Not sure if Utada wasn't contacted about permission and Disney used it illegally or if somebody gave permission without telling her, but yeah.

I think Nomura is our biggest chance of seeing Utada back. I've said it before, but this is one of those times that SE should front the bill on that and not Disney as to not have her screwed over by a big corporation like Disney.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ooh, this sounds wonderful! Really glad that Miss Utada has found happiness and the inspiration to create music again. I really, really hope that she would create a new song for KHIII. That is the thing that would complete the experience.
Oh man I remember when my sister bought one her albums, and then we just listened it in her room the whole day. Man those were the times.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Yes please Utada, the KH3 song pleaaase...
Even if it's only in Japanese, no need to create an English rendition, I'm positive people don't mind!!
I have high doubts that Disney would allow her to only write a Japanese version. She actually enjoys writing in English! A good few of her songs were written in English first before she rewrote them in Japanese, including Sanctuary/Passion. (Still waiting on that English version of Prisoner of Love ;_;)

I still stand by what I feel; knowing she would be doing any kind of work right now would definitely leave a bad taste in my mouth after listening to the album.
I'm pretty sure that at this point, "working on an album" just means that she was writing songs and recording demos, and now that the baby is here, she's actually recording the studio versions. Nothing that would cause any stress on her. Plus, this baby could have been born a month ago for all we know. No DOB has been confirmed, and I highly doubt that she was like "Well, I popped one out! Back to work!"

If I remember correctly, didn't Utada have beef with Disney because of her localized songs? Or am I misremembering?

She said in 2009 that she wouldn't do KH again because Disney doesn't pay, but it's been 6 years, and maybe they've convinced her otherwise. There was also something that happened a few years ago where Disney on ice had a performer sing Sakura Drops in Japanese, and it was very clear that they didn't know Japanese. She wasn't really upset or anything, she just said "well, I would've translated it if they asked." (And for what it's worth, covering a song in a live show can be done without any permissions, but they'd need permission to use footage of said cover for profit).

xearv

very very happy present!Kingdom hearts 3 main song will be soon

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
If I hadn't been at AX 2015 the past four days...

So, we'll more than likely have a song dedicated to her baby, as well as one for her mother who committed suicide last year
嵐の女神 is a song explicitly about her mother. I'll post it 'cause that seems to be the trend here and it's kind of the perfect song for this thread lol.

[video=youtube;EmyX8hsL1PE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmyX8hsL1PE[/video]

Anyway, so many congratulations for Hikki. Lookin' forward to the new music whenever it gets here, but I just hope she and Francesco are living a happy life every day with their new family member. My sister and I are just like giggling about this 'cause we're so happy for them.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
She's certainly had a roller coaster of emotional experiences to either drain or imbue passion. Either way, I'm glad she and the baby are in good health, and I hope her return to music will fulfill that creative part of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back