• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hikari in The Avengers: Age of Ultron

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Copious Robyn

Awards
I just watched the 2nd Avengers movie again last night, and I noticed a little Kingdom Hearts easter egg. It happens right after Bruce rescues Natasha from captivity in Sokovia. Right when they start kissing, Hikari starts playing, but only for like 2 seconds. Then she pushes him down a hole to his death (The Hulk saves him obviously). But I just thought it was a cool little reference to our favorite game series.

Edit: Found a clip of it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EbswJrl2U

Last edited:

Kaweebo

Awards
Coincidence, but I’m 100% certain that wasn’t an Easter egg or intentional reference. Merely similar sounding music.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So, I don't think it is Hikari. What I think it going on is pretty typical in music, though. Artists lift small motifs from other composers' compositions without using too much of a certain part so it isn't considered theft. Just inspiration.

Brian Tyler has composed for video games in the past and I imagine he's heard a lot of well-known and iconic songs from other game franchises while doing research for projects. Since he mostly works in television and film, it is easy to borrow inspiration from video game music without many people noticing or caring. He probably lifted those few seconds from "Hikari" and it's nothing too shocking or terrible.

Shimomura does this herself in a lot of her own songs, albeit they tend to be more classical inspirations than contemporary.

Copious Robyn

Awards
I rented the movie on Amazon, and this is what it said:

https://ibb.co/dZjZTc

Easter egg wasn't the best word choice, as Marvel probably wasn't paying homage to the game. But it's still something I found cool, and fangirled over a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back