• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni: Sedai (A Murder Mystery)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiko

Come break me down
"It should be a quick match. We don't want to keep Kiki and Sako-chan waiting too long!"

He knew that was coming, since there was only half of them left outside of the school. It's been quite a while since the Twins had disappeared and yet; nobody wants to talk about it. Why, how? Light kept it to himself for now and put on a serious face, still determined to win. He felt a light press on his chest and looked down on it and saw the tip of the paint gun and looked forward only to see Nana's wicked smile.
Okay I'm scared now, and swallowed hard.

"I'll do the count off again!" Nana smirked, turning towards Mayonaka now, "One..."

"Twwooo~"
Light shuffled backwards, away from his target so that he could get a good aim.
"Three~"
He lifted to his eye level and kept his eyes at them.
"GO!!!"
There was a gun shot and purple balls hurtled towards them both.

In an instant, Light pulled at his trigger unintentionally, red balls flew out of the barrel. He jumped to on his side narrowly missing the ball. He looked up and a pair of legs were standing in front of him.

Szayel Aporro

didn't i leave
Website
axecrazyyandere.tumblr.com
"I'll take it, sensei" Sakiko said silently.
Szayel did a mental sigh of relief, knowing that it probably wouldn't have ended too well if she were to skip out on the offer. It was better to act now than if it were too late.
"Alright, Kiki-chan. Relax, I'll make the procedure as painless as possible."
He moved over to her, taking Sakiko's arm in one hand, and disinfecting the area where he would inject her carefully. He placed the top of the needle to her skin and impaled the skin with the greatest of sensitivity, pressing down on the syringe to inject the liquid into her veins.
After a couple of seconds, he pulled it out and set it on his desk, placing a small bandaid over the area to stop it from any further bleeding.
"All done." Szayel smiled at the teenaged girl. "You can tell your mother that I'll be looking over Masako for a couple of more hours. She has the clinic's number if she needs any more information, alright?"
His ember eyes traveled over to the door, and he sighed.

"Szayel."

"Cirucci, I'm in the middle of work."

"What happened?"

"I'll tell you later, okay"

The scientist rolled his eyes, knowing what she came by for. But he knew what he was doing. This vaccine had been in the works for decades, and Szayel was just perfecting it. There was nothing wrong with that.
Turning back to Sakiko, "You're sister will walk out of here, fine, alright?" Smirk.

Nana smiled, aiming the gun down at Light, who was just clumsy enough to shoot his bullets without realizing it, causing a series of rather unfortunate events for him.
"I think yoou lose, Light-o-kunn~" She grinned, pulling the trigger.

Raiko

Come break me down
"I think yoou lose, Light-o-kunn~"

Light's eyes widened in fear as the purple paintball travelled towards him. He was cornered and could not do anything, his gun was out of ammos. As he was admitting his defeat by staying on the floor, he felt a quick but painful pressure on his forehead and pushed him backwards on to the floor. His gun slid across the ground, making an annoying screeching noise.
Everything spun around Light wildly, making him even more dizzy. he slowly lifted his head and tried to focus on a object infront of him. It was blurry and half visible, as if a blanket of fog hovered on top of it.
"Nana..." he croaked.

The sky was the last thing he saw at that moment.

"Light-kun?"

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Mayonaka was still slightly shaken up by all the things that had been happening. Realizing that Nana wanted to continue playing, May had no wish to say otherwise. Nana began her countdown again, this time aiming clearly for Light. Mayonaka was smart enough to distance herself again. Dashing off for cover, she saw Nana end her count and the poor teenage boy get shot. Giggling at the game and forgetting her other worries, May aimed her gun to shoot at the only other competitor. But... Something was up with Light. He was acting funny....

OH NO! Nana shot him in the head! "Pause!" May ran up, gun slung around her side and barely staying there by the strap. Worrying about the boy, she stood in front of his vision. "You shot him in the face, Na-chan!" Gently, she prodded the purple mess that was getting into his hair. Welt. Holding her hand up in front of his face, May lifted up 3 fingers. "How many am I holding up?" Eh... For some reason this felt normal. But this was one of the first times she'd played Paintball with Light. In fact, she hardly ever played games with the boy. She was too busy off doing her own things.

Raiko

Come break me down
"You shot him in the face, Na-chan!"
Light could just about hear a voice, she sounded really concerned and it was angelic to his ears. Trying to keep his eyes awake and stay concious, he looked at the things that was lifted up to his face. It looked like fingers; no more like small puddles of mud.
"um...ugh...iunno wozat is..." he garbled. "uhh..."

This was the second time had played games this violent and this will be his last.

Another figure came behind May, it looked like a tall man from the stature. He hovered on top of May and said something to her.
"May...who's...who's there? Behind..you..."

-------------------------------

Seto strode across the Hinamizawa school and saw a bunch of kids playing a game. One of them was lying on the floor in agony, the another one was just standing next to him lifting up three of her fingers and the final one was standing there with her aim at the girl who is standing next to the teenager.
"Paintball? Why would they play such a dangerous game without any gears?" he puzzled himself. "Heh, I guess I should stop them before anybody gets hurt...even though i would challenge them myself; kids are no match for me anyway. But I shouldn't underestimate seeing how one of them is now half-concious."

He carfully approached the blonde haired girl who was still standing. Seto looked down on the red-haired teenage boy and saw a purple stain on his forehead as well as a bruise where the ball must have made its impact.
"May I just ask what happened here?" he said to the girl.

Tenyas

"um...ugh...iunno wozat is..." he garbled. "uhh..." Yeah. His mind was on vacation. "You must've gotten hit hard then." Considering how close Nana had been, heck yeah he got hit hard. What he said next caught May off guard though.

"May...who's...who's there? Behind..you..."

"Hmm? Behind?" the Blonde turned and looked and saw a tall, young man, towering behind her. She gave a slight jump, almost tripping over Light, and stared.

"May I just ask what happened here?"
"May I ask why you sneak up behind young girls like that?" She wasn't really trying to be rude, it was just her thing to lead people in circles. It was pretty obvious what had happened. Light had paint splatters on his face, and both Mayonaka and Nana had paintball guns. Light's was laying off to his side, waterlogged and forgotten.

Raiko

Come break me down
"You must've gotten hit hard then." "I guess...so."
He looked up to the young man, he squinted his eye and recognised the blue coat and the popped up collar. And that smile that he barely see and the empty look on his face. He'll never forget how he always look so emotionless. He was grinning at Light, mocking him in the same way that he...

As May turned around and nearly fell over him, he rolled on his front and struggled to get up. His elbow slipped and he landed on the floor again with a thud and hit his head on a rock right in front of him.
Everything went black again.

---------------

"May I ask why you sneak up behind young girls like that?"
"I don't, you were just paying too much attention to him...Do you even know who you're dealing with? " Seto replied sharply." And who's that anyway?"
This was his normal tone but this would normally scare who he was conversing with. He looked at the boy on the floor who was now trying to get up on his feet and failed. Trying not to laugh, he looked at where the gun was and went over to look at it and carried it back with him.
"Why are you playing in the first place?"

Last edited:

Tenyas

"I don't, you were just paying too much attention to him...Do you even know who you're dealing with? " Seto replied sharply." And who's that anyway?"
Now, that, was rude. "That's Light, a friend of mine. And I take it your some pompous new comer from another city, neh?" Mayonaka folded her arms across her chest. She glared at the man as he walked over and grabbed Light's paintball gun. She noticed then that the boy had managed to knock himself out cold. May was torn between laughing and sympathy.

"Why are you playing in the first place?"
The man held up the paintball gun questioningly.
"Well, last time I checked, we're kids. And kids play with their friends." She was frowning now. Was he blind or something?

Raiko

Come break me down
"That's Light, a friend of mine. And I take it your some pompous new comer from another city, neh?"
"Indeed. Hey, did you just call me 'pompous'? Nobody-Nobody calls me pompous except for my brother" he snapped and looked at the student. His eyes returned to the paintball gun with care, trying not to break it even more and saw someone's name somewhere at the bottom. This Isn't Light's. The name hidden here is not Light. Its something else that starts with a 'R'. He saw that there weren't anymore paintballs in it. Seto went over to his metal briefcase and opened it. Inside were hundered of cards and paintballs. He took out some paintballs and reloaded it.

"Well, last time I checked, we're kids. And kids play with their friends."
"You're probably thinking that Im blind. Last time i checked in an eye clinic they said i needed glasses but i still havent got it" he joked. Seto gave the girl a smirk and cocked the gun.

"You do realised that you're facing an expert at games; may it be childrens games or not. So are you game?"

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
"Alright, Kiki-chan. Relax, I'll make the procedure as painless as possible."
Sakiko closed her eyes, forcing her body to relax. She still felt, how the needle pierced her skin - the feeling made her want to shudder, but to avoid pain she stayed still. Soon it was over; Szayel put a bandage over the spot where she had been injected. Sakiko realized, that she had been holding her breath all that time, finally breathing out in relief.
"All done. You can tell your mother that I'll be looking over Masako for a couple of more hours. She has the clinic's number if she needs any more information, alright?"
The green-haired teen started to be afraid of talking to her mother. What would she say? Would she shout at her? Probably. Would she punish her? Most likely. Sakiko's fear grew more and more as she thought about it.
"A-Alright", she stuttered out, standing up. That was when she noticed a woman at the door, peeking inside. She recognized her as Grantz-sensei's wife. The two exchanged a few words before she went away.

"You're sister will walk out of here, fine, alright?"
Sakiko nodded, feeling much better as she saw Szayel's assuring smirk.
"Thank you, Grantz-sensei", she said and bowed, looking at the unconscious Masako one more time before turning around and walking out of the room, towards home, fear and panic creeping across her mind.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
Jin played his cards down, and showed Keiichi his hand. He had one card left and played it. He won again.
They were playing old maid. Keiichi lost his temper again.
"Dam! how did I lose this time!" Keiichi asked wondering how he could possibly lose. Jin had chosen a game that Keiichi had played before.
"Guess it was just bad luck on your part Keiichi."
"yeah yeah, one of these days I'll beat you. Your a lot like Mion, always playing games." Keiichi laughed.
"Well at least I don't make you play with punishment game rules." Jin also began to laugh. They were both at Keiichi's home. To Jin it was a safe haven. Jin got up to leave.
"Tomorrow we have to play something else okay?" Jin asked his favorite neighbor.
"Of course, but next time I'll defiantly beat you."
"You said that every time I've been here. I think that the score is 42 to nil." Jin reminded him. Keiichi lowered his head. Jin felt bad.
"Next time you'll defiantly beat me." Keiichi looked up. He smiled. Jin and Keiichi were almost father and son. Except that Jin had to come over to his house not vice versa. He waved goodbye to his friend. As he walked back home he thought he could hear movement in the bushes. He stared at them for a while. But he shrugged his shoulders, thinking that it was probably a bird or something. He sighed as he opened the front door. He put his backpack full of different games and his school work and began to work. He hoped that one day Keiichi could beat him. Keiichi sometimes told stories of how his friends had created a club for playing games. Jin began to smile as he saw a young Keiichi playing games with his friends. Jin was the opposite of that personality. He had no friends, and tried to have some. But every time he would get to scared to say how he felt. The next time he always said. The next time would be the chance, he hoped that he could get some friends to go to the festival this year.

Last edited:

Szayel Aporro

didn't i leave
Website
"Thank you Grantz-sense."
"Any time, Kiki-chan." He said, watching as she left the room. A sigh escaped Szayel's lips, not letting himself admit to his girlfriend or patient that he was still uneasy about the entire syndrome. He knew just how dangerous it was, and was oh so relieved that Sakiko let him inject her with the vaccine before things elevated to a level that couldn't be solved.

"So...?"

"I... don't know. Sonozaki-chan had her symptoms rise to level three rather quickly."

"Level three? What do you mean?"

"Masako and Sakiko were both playing with the others in the school yard, and they're both very competitive with each other. I guess it raised Sakiko's stress levels to the point where she would've done anything to live. I heard her screaming before I arrived..."

"Did you tell her?"

"...Of course not. Her mother will understand though. At least."

Szayel walked back towards Masako, who was still lying unconscious on the gurney. He did a quick visual scan to see that she was still breathing, "She should probably wake up soon, I'm gonna stay here until she wakes up, alright?"
Purple eyes shut closed, and she shook her head. "Okay... fine." And she was gone.

Szayel gazed at Masako for a few seconds, he sighed, smiling only a little. "Just like my brother and I..." Though, they weren't. Why was he even comparing such a nice sibling relationship to one that was just filled with violence? It was the only thing he could remember before the accident. Violence.
"D...don't ever become like we were though, please, don't." He clenched his fists together, gritting his teeth together. He never felt upset when he thought about his family's death. Just... angry. Angry.

Nana was tired of listening to the others talk, she had beaten Light and that was final. She clutched her gun in her hand and stomped on over to Mayonaka and Light after she was hiding so she can commit a sneak attack on her friend for the goal of being class president.
Then, she noticed a man, speaking to May-chan.
Curious, the small blue haired girl waltzed over to the two and smiled, rather innocently at the older man.

"Excuse me, sir, but what is this game that you're speaking of? And... why are you here interrupting our fun?" She asked, "I don't have a problem with it, I'm just... curious is all." Nana smiled, not even acknowledging how mean she was being to the poor guy.

Raiko

Come break me down
Excuse me, sir, but what is this game that you're speaking of? And... why are you here interrupting our fun?" She asked, "I don't have a problem with it, I'm just... curious is all."

Seto skeptically looked at the blue haired girl who apporeached him curiously and bent down to her eye level so that he wouldn't look like a giant to her.
"Games? I win in alot of game tournaments...." he replied slowly. "And you expect me to remember all of the games thats i did?" He stood tall and laughed towards the sky. He remembered her last question.
"By the way, I am not interrupting your fun; this guy here-" he pointed towards the unconcious kid on the floor-" collapsed because he just got shot in the head and do you want me just to ingnore that?! I very doubt so." He closed his eyes, walked over Light and lifted him up on his arms. Boy was he heavy.
"We should take him inside."
Seto looked closely at the poor boy and his eyes grew wide, his face became even more empty.
Is this...
He stopped and stared blankly at the school through the front window.

And saw Keiichi.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
Jin sighed. He had finally finished his work. He put his work away and began to think of another game he and Ketsueki would play. He thought about it and gave up. He would just choose one from the many that he brought with him. He decided to go see the school, he did this whenever he was bored and had nothing else to do. He changed into a red sleeveless shirt and brown shorts. He got his bike out and headed towards the school. When he reached it he saw a brown haired man, and Nana. He saw them carry Light into the school. He went over and asked,
"Umm what happened to Light?" Jin asked a little bit worried. Maybe this was his chance to be friends with these people. He looked at Light and saw that he had a huge bump on his head.
"Is he okay?" Jin asked again still concerned about Light.

Tenyas

May was tapping her foot impatiently when Jin, one of the lonlier boys from school approached them carrying Light back up to the infermary.

She waved off his worried expression. "Shot in the head. Nothing much to worry about." She was still giving a rather nasty look at the young man who had intruded on their game of paintball. And they still hadn't decided a president yet! What rotten luck. Jin seemed like he was alone again today. "You can come with if you want. I know I'm gonna be bored out of my mind while the nurse patches him up. May as well have someone to chat with." She gave one of her signature Mayonaka smile-but-not-a-smile smirks.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
"Oh well alright then I'll come with you." Yes! This was his chance to make a friend, he could tell that she was giving him one of her smiles. He smiled back. He then walked into the classroom and sat down.
"Well while we wait why not play a game?" He asked bringing out a chess board. He began to set up each of the pieces. This was his family's ancient chess board dating to around ancient China.
"You know how to play chess right?" He asked smiling. Hopefully this was something that could break the ice and make him a more friendlier person.

Raiko

Come break me down
He blinked his eye and Keiichi disappeared. Was he hallucinating? No, thats nonsense, Seto doesn't believe in such things. The stress and sleepiness is just getting to him. A young boy ran up to him and he turned towards him.
"Is he okay?"
"He's fine," Seto replied.
"Shot in the head. Nothing much to worry about."
"Lets just go in and set Light on the Table."

Seto entered the school and looked around; everything felt strangely familiar. He knew that he has never been in this school before- he wasn't even born in the village. He shrugged the thoughts off and went inside a classroom and put Light down on his place. He walked to a chair and rested there until Light came around.

-------------------

He heard muffled voices sounding very concerned, he was lifted into someones arms and saw the shadow of the young man who carried him. The man paused for a second and turned around slighty, probably to look back. Light's head still spun crazily but he heard another boy talking.
"Umm what happened to Light?"
"Shot in the head. Nothing much to worry about."
"Huh. I wonder who that was..." he subconsiously (sp?) thought.

What felt like days passed by and he was placed down on the hard, uncomfortable chair that he was always sat in and his face was pressing on the cold, hard table. Everything around him felt small and claustrophobic. Right across the room, he heard something being placed on the table and there were murmurs around the place.

Light opened one of his eyes and saw everyone looking at him.
May had her arms crossed, waiting patiently, Jin- one of the boys who he had hardly played with- was setting up the chess board, Nana was there, The young man...he was sat on a chair and looking at me with a puzzled expression and the Sonozakis...They are still not here.
One of them went up to him and spoke.

Tenyas

He was up! "Well, that was quick." Mayonaka prodded the purple spot on his forehead. "You okay, Light? You've had alot of bad luck today." The intruder was just sitting in a chair, looking as if he'd seen a ghost. Eh, she didn't care much for him. Jin was over at a table setting up what looked like a vintage chess-board, no doubt hoping someone would join him. Oh, May would play in a heartbeat... Problem was was that she sucked at chess. MAJORLY. The difference between a pawn and a knight were little to her. They were all just little people, shouldn't they be equal? And... That sort of thinking was what always caused her to lose in those sorts of games. Nana was being her gentle, quiet, self.

Realizing that she was probably causing the boy to wince, she retracted her hand and set both on her hips. "How can you be such a clutz sometimes? Falling into the lake, getting shot in the head, passing out, waking up to bonk your head and passing out again. It's a wonder you can still think."

Raiko

Come break me down
"Well, that was quick. You okay, Light? You've had alot of bad luck today.How can you be such a clutz sometimes?

His head throbbed as May prodded at his forehead.
"Ow!" Light screamed, scratching the table in agony. " Im okay...I guess"-he looked at the reflection of himself on the window and saw a big purple bruise on his head- "Ehhh It's just not my day today. I lost anyway."
"Falling into the lake, getting shot in the head, passing out, waking up to bonk your head and passing out again. It's a wonder you can still think."
"Well let's just say that it is one of my secrets," he winked at May.

He looked around the room again and noticed that the man was still sitting in the same position and still had that same expression on his face. His blue eyes followed him around. Light was curious to know him, but he looks like someone he knew, but he can't remember who. Light got up to his feet and staggrred a bit but he grabbed onto May just before falling down. He continued to walk to the stranger and sat down next to him. Light looked up to him and asked:
"Were you the one who carried me here?"

-------------

He stared out to the window as Light approached him and sat down next to him.
"Were you the one who carried me here? You look strangely familiar."
"Yes I was. Maybe you're just mistaking me for someone else" he replied monotonously and stood up and walked towards the boy setting up the chess pieces. Light stood up and swiftly jogged to May and asked, "Who was that guy anyway?"
"Its fairly ancient. While I'm here, would you like to have a game of chess?"

Szayel Aporro

didn't i leave
Website
Nana gave up. As much as she wanted to finish her and Mayonaka's fight and declare who would be class president, she knew that there were greater problems than just this stupid little fight. They could always sort out their difficulties later.
The small blue haired girl followed the others into the room. She noticed that Light was quite the klutz today, a lot more unstable than he usually was, but she couldn't blame him, after all she was the one who shot him in the head, in the first place.
"You know, I didn't want to be class president anyway. So... the person who wins... or comes closest to win this game gets to be class president!" Nana exclaimed, then took notice of the older man, yet again. "Though... I don't think we can have you as our class president." A pause, "Who are you anyway? I haven't seen you around Hinamizawa at all. Small town, we all sorta... know each other."

Szayel bit his lip, after staring at the phone for a good 10 minutes, he hoped that Mion Sonozaki-san would understand the twins' situation. She knew about the disease, she suffered from it, she was a town noble. Perhaps that was why he was so nervous, a town noble and all he was, was a scientist, taking over the research department after Irie and Takano's deaths.
He glanced at Masako for a second.
Finally, Szayel picked up the phone and dialed the Sonozaki's number, listening to each ring, anticipating her to pick up the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back