• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni: Sedai (A Murder Mystery)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiko

Come break me down
"Hauu~~ Lighto-sempai, you're so so clumsy!"
Light chuckled as Nana helped him get up to his feet. "Thanks."
"Don't worry, it's not like she's hiding knives in there or anything."Nana continued. He gulped as the thought of several knives being thrust into him came up. Light cautiously approached the box, imagining other things;rats and rodents, arachnids and worst of all...serpents and other snakes.
"Are we always going to do this kind of things?" he asked May, his voice hoarse after his fall. Hiruma was just smiling at him, his back agaisnt the wall and looke dat him like he desirved all of this. Its unfair.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Light sure was nervous. They were just harmless little garden snakes she adopted from around the school. She'd fed them earlier so they were harmless by now. But... HE didn't know that~. "Only when there's a loser~. Now... Hold still please." Opening up the box, she took out her two favorites. A red racer and a yellow band snake. Loverly bush snakes. The bright colors were sure to scare Light. Taking her time, she wrapped the red one about the boy's neck, it's red tongue tasting the air. The yellow one was set about his waist and curled up tightly. "Hmm... Not enough." May went back over to the box and took out a couple more snakes, plainer looking then the other two. These got places on his arms. "Loverly~! Now, for Jin to get the accessories." She saw Harumi relaxing over by the wall. " You wanna hold one?" Her smile was that of a fox.

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
Hiruma sighed, smiling. It was so good to be home. He looked to his left. There stood Nana. She looked just like he thought she would. Her soft skin, her blue hair... All those memories he shared with her flooded his mind. Them playing on a playground, walking home together day after day... Then his moment of daydreaming was shattered by her voice.

"Hiruma-sempai... don't you want to know what happened while you were gone?" She frowned, "Oh how I wish you were here, I do, I do..."

Hiruma got a worried look on his face. Her voice darkened. Something bad had happened. But what was he to do? Suddenly, he felt totally out of place, and unwelcome. He stepped back away from her froma moment, and ran a hand through his hair. He looked everywhere but her eyes. Uneasily, he began talking again. "Uh. Sure, what happened? Did you get a boyfriend or something?" He laughed awkwardly. He knew from her face that was the WRONG thing to say. He put his hand over his mouth, an attempt to put his foot in it.

Raiko

Come break me down
"Only when there's a loser~. Now... Hold still please."
"W-wait!" Light hesitated but too late! A snake slithered its way up his neck, it left a sticky feeling. Its bright colours shouted danger at him. Its tongue tastes the air and it slowly got gcloser to his ears. Light peered at it, sweat dripping from his face. Another snake was put around his waist and tightened itself on him. He felt his waist tighten, more and more as seconds fly by. He looked down on his blet; the buckels are being undone by the snake. Soon, he will be humiliated.

"Hmm... Not enough."
"You have got to be kidding me!" Light shouted as May placed the snakes on his arms. The snakes were all looking at him and hissed at him angrily. Like they know something he doesn't.
"Loverly~! Now, for Jin to get the accessories."
"Ohshi-"

Szayel Aporro

didn't i leave
Website
axecrazyyandere.tumblr.com
"Uh. Sure, what happened? Did you get a boyfriend or something?"
Nana giggled at Hiruma's suggestion, shaking her head. "Moesu~ Of course not, Hiruma-kun. All of the cute boys are too old for me, anyways." She chuckled, blushing a light shade of pink, looking towards the floor.
"When you left, things just started getting bad. Masako-chan and Sakiko-chan's parents... divorced, and they both acted... very violent to her mothers decision. And then... May-chan... had to go to therapy..." She bit her lip, clenching her fists, "And then... and then last year... the massacres continued..." She broke down into silent tears, not looking up from the floor, "My mother... she... she..."
Nana fell to her knees, burying her face in her hands, trying to keep herself under control, she didn't want to seem weak in front of her friends, in front of Hiruma. It was horrible, but she had kept in those tears for so long.

Tenyas

May was ready to just do the final step herself when Nana broke down crying. Dropping the Swan skirt she was holding, she ran up to the girl. " Na-chan! Hey, hey. What's wrong?" A little garder snake was wrapped around her wrist but she paid it little attention. A little thing in her mind was clicking. It was really annoying. Don't talk, don't do anything. But this was... Hmm. Could it be stress? Yeah, probably. Nana had suffered a big blow last year. Having an old friend back probably reminded her of it. " Calm down. It's okay. We still have a couple weeks don't we?" Her words stopped there. Why didn't she feel like finishing that sentence? A couple weeks til the festival, that's what she wanted to say.

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
Hiruma's heart jumped into his throat. If he had coughed, even a little, it felt as if his entire insides would pop out too. Nana had suffered so much, while he was playing football. He couldn't help but feel like he was responsible. She fell to her knees, tears streaming down her face. Hiruma knelt next to her and wrapped his arms around the girl's tender body.

he slowly stroked her hair, as he tightened the hug. He closed his eyes, trying his hardest to comfort her. "Shhhh... It's okay. I'm here for you now. And I won't let anything bad happen again." He pulled her even closer. Sure, there were other people no doubt watching, but he didn't care. He only cared that Nana was crying, she was hurt. And he couldn't let her stay like that. He'd do anything he could to make her feel better.

Szayel Aporro

didn't i leave
Website
Two weeks? Two weeks?! She hadn't even been counting down the days until that dreaded festival, and she knew May-chan didn't mean to remind her, but she just knew, deep in the pit of her stomach that she would be hunted down, just like her mother was.
She buried her face in Hiruma's shoulder, sobbing only more. "When all of that stuff began to happen... and my mother was killed... I couldn't... I didn't want to seem weak. I didn't. I couldn't. And then... what she told m..."
Nana stopped herself midsentence. Now wasn't the time for that, she couldn't continue with that sentence. Her friends didn't need to know about that. "But the murderer's still out there and... and..." She pulled herself away from Hiruma's grip, and backed up, "I don't know what's going to happen... I don't..."

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
Jin looked sadly at Nana, she had it the worst out of everyone. Her mother dying like that. He sighed and began to take the snakes out.
"Sorry Light, but rules are rules." He began to put the pink girly outfit and make up on him making sure that he looked ridiculous. He sighed as he saw Light turn red. He looked back at Seto and saw him change the pieces. It didn't matter he would win either way, he had known about how sometimes when people are so competitive that when they are about to lose they try to make it look like they were winning. So he made Seto move those pieces around to help him win. He sat down and began to remember his strategy. He was only a few moves away from victory, but he couldn't stop about what Nana said. The murders were going to happen again, but to whom? Last year it was... He shook his head and began to think of what his next few moves were going to be.
"Nana, were all friends, I promise you that nothing will happen to you. That i swear on my parents grave." he said sternly. He then looked at her and began to smile, hopefully this will make her feel better. He also hoped that nothing would happen at the festival. He sighed and moved his rook to a spot, almost finishing the game.

Last edited:

Tenyas

Mayonaka looked on at the girl glumly. She didn't really feel like going back to the punishment game but it'd be best to get away from the touchy subject. She knew that Nana had brought up bad experiences now. The Sonazaki divorce had caused alot of repercussions throughout Hinamizawa, mostly affecting Masako and Sakiko. They both got depressed and easily aggravated after that. Nana's mother died last year in a murder. The culprit was never caught and was still loose, leaving the poor girl fearing for herself. And May. May had started having hallucinations. Some got so bad, she started acting out, several students falling victim to her outbreaks. Therapy hadn't gone well and now she regretted what she'd done. People had gotten hurt. Harumi leaving so long ago had caused stress too. He was their good friend. One of their best friends, but that bond severed for the longest time. Nana had been meloncholy for the longest time and only came out of the rut when she befriended the group they had now.

Standing up, May was following everyone else's example and gave a smile. Albiet a sad one. If anybody knew that she was having these thoughts again... What would happen? A visit to the doctor again. But the out of town doctor visits had always felt horrible. If anything, they made her feel worse. Stop thinking like this. Stroking the snake she turned to Light only to see... "Pull up your pants, you look like a pink baboon."

Raiko

Come break me down
Light turned around only to see Nana on the floor sobbing and Hiruma hugging her; comforting her. The murders are happening again. Surely something that had happened in the past triggred this, Light thought that he must move on forward and so does everyone, thats almost impossible right now and there is nothing he can do but he felt the need to help a friend. He followed everyones example of smiling, and he gave a warm smile. A voice interrupted his smile and it suddely disappeared.
"Pull up your pants, you look like a pink baboon."
"Huh?" Light looked down; his belt came off and his trousers are not on the floor. He felt his his cheek go red and sank behind a table. Something tapped his forehead and he couldn't see the front; There was a long white strip in front of him. What's this? He patted around his waist, but he could not feel it. Strange, that's not supposed to happen. Light felt his way around his waist again and saw feathers on the floor and a pink tutu that fell down along with his trousers. A loud scream came out from his mouth. It echoed in the room, then it was filler with roaring laughter, not coming from him, but around him.

----------------------------

Seto moved his knight to a square, placing Jin's king on check. He hesitated as he realised that Jin is only one move away from beating him. He sighed but continued with it anyway.
"But the murderer's still out there and... and..."
His eyes wandered to Nana, he had read somewhere that someone will be killed on the night of the festival, but he didn't expect the murdered to be her.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
"Check and mate Seto." Jin said as he moved the winning piece into place, there was no way that anyone could get out of it. His queen and rook were covering two sides either way the king couldn't move, but when Seto had moved his knight and put him into check it was the perfect way of beating him.
"Good game Seto." he said as he smiled towards his opponent. Seto really was one of the best gamers but Jin had already won it in his head and he had come up with a strategy to win from the beginning. He then heard Light scream when he saw the tutu. He began to chuckle hoping that Light would forgive him. He then thought of something. He shook the thought away and got up heading towards the bathroom. As he walked in he sprayed some water in his face. What had just happened? Something had come over him. For an instance he wanted to do something terrible.
He wanted to kill someone.

Raiko

Come break me down
Seto ran his fingers through his hair and sighed in defeat. He flicked his king off the chessboard anyway and held out his hand, congratulating Jin. He hasn't been defeated for such a long time; by a school boy? Never, but that has been changed.
"Good game. Yep,"he replied, trying not to go crazy about his loss. "Maybe we should do this on the festival, but I don't know." Seto stood up and strode to the door. He slid it open and waved Jin and the rest goodbye. " I guess we'll meet again...In two weeks time." And left the room, regretting his match after his incident, but never mind that, theres always a tomorrow.

-----------------------

In front of Light was the towering figure of Jin; overlooking him. He chuckled and left the room. What was he up to. It was unusual for someone to laugh at him and leave. Was he up to something. Despite Light's ridiculous swan-ballerina costume, he followed Seto out and sneaked into the bathroom and saw Jin there, splashing some water on his face. He paced his hand on his shoulder in concern.
"What's wrong Jin?" he calmly asked. What's with that weird sound of his chuckle? It wasn't a funny type of laugh. It's more different than the usual.

Last edited:

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
"Oh, hi dear! Why don't you go take a seat in the living room? I'll be done in a minute."
Sakiko gulped, shooting a wary glance at Mion before walking to the living room, throwing her body on the sofa, weak from all the fear and shock. As she lay down, her head leaning against the soft cushions, the scene in the woods replayed in her mind, over and over again... the green-haired girl covered her tearful eyes with her arm, remains of red paint stuck on her sleeve. She wept quietly, as all the pressure sadness caused erupted, her stomach twisting upside down as the bloody paintball gun came into her thoughts repeatedly. All the sorrow and shame grew inside her, making her want to die, just to escape the horrible feeling, just to stop those tears falling from her emerald eyes...

Tap.

Sakiko snapped her damp eyes open, moving her arm down with a quick move. Sitting up so swiftly that she felt dizzy, she looked at the door, expecting to see her mom - who had in her opinion made the footstep. Of course she had been the one walking... there was nobody else in the house, right? Yet there was no-one with her in the room. She heard Mion's faint voice; so she was still talking with Szayel. Then who...

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Again. The steps had been close, almost next to Sakiko. She looked around in panic, but saw nothing. Chills crept down her spine, as her shoulders shook slightly. Someone had walked pass her, she knew it! Was she really going crazy?

"I'm always with you, Sakiko."

She gasped. Someone had whispered into her ear! She had felt a faint breath on her cheek... she backed away on the couch until her back hit the armrest. Clutching a cushion in her hands, Sakiko glanced around frantically, eyes open wide in fear.
"W-w-w-w-what...." she stammered silently. That was when her mother stepped into the living room. The green-haired daughter of Mion Sonozaki let go of the poor cushion she had been strangling, trying to wipe the horrified expression and the salty tears from her face - in vain. Within a few seconds she gave up, bursting into a cry once more. Sakiko rushed to Mion, falling into her arms, weeping loudly.
"What is h-happening to me?!" she asked with a stuttering voice, clutching her mother's shirt, "I-I-I heard f-f-footsteps... but there... there was no-one! No-one in the r-r-room!" Sakiko tried to calm down, yet all the feelings came over the barriers with a giant wave, flooding her mind.

--

Masako looked at Szayel as he turned around, her features full of worry. Szay-sensei wasn't looking very happy either... Maybe he was able to tell what had happened. There must have been a reason why she had closed her eyes in the woods and later opened them at the clinic. Her emerald-green eyes, identical to Sakiko's, followed the doctor as he walked to her and sat onto the gurney, forcing his lips to curl upwards. It didn't reach his sad eyes, though.
"Hello, Masako. How... are you feeling?"
"Um..." her shyness kicked in. She had never been good at talking to adults she barely knew. True, Szayel had often visited Mion. He had also done all the annual health checks... but to her he was still quite a stranger.
"I..." she started silently, clearing her throat to strengthen her voice, "Apart from the slight headache, I'm... I'm quite fine." Masako was about to ask where Sakiko was, and why Szayel was so grave... but she didn't want to bother the pink-haired doctor - she was too mousy. So she waited for what he would say next.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
Light had come in to see if he was fine. Jin did not feel alright. Something had overcome him for just a few seconds. Like it had made him chuckle like that. But he had to keep it a secret from his new friends.
"I just had to calm down after that match between Seto and I. It was nerve racking." He smiled. His first lie, he didn't like the feeling of not telling the truth. But he had to. He looked at what Light was wearing and began to laugh hysterically.
"I'm sorry Light, you look so ridiculous in that." he said through a mouthful of laughing. As he calmed down, he began to think of something. It came again. Why was it happening to him. He held his head as if he felt woozy. Then he he fell down passing out on the bathroom floor.

Raiko

Come break me down
"I just had to calm down after that match between Seto and I. It was nerve racking."
Yes, facing a Games Master can be nerve-wrecking but it sounded true to Light . However in situations like this, this respond did not sound right. Like a wrong moment in the wrong frame of time. Then it stuck him. Something was definately wrong, but he can't quite put his finger on it, he saw right through his lies. Jin's serious face disappeared and laughed at him again.
"I'm sorry Light, you look so ridiculous in that."
"I'd like to see you in this...thing" Light said as his pointed at his unexplainable costume. Unfortunately, this wasn't the time for laughs. This day was filled with unfortunate events, something that has been expected ever since the legend begun. Jin suddenly started to sway from side to side, just a tiny bit. In a blink of an eye, he collapsed on the floor.

Light did not know what to do, he has never been in this situation before but he needs to get Jin out of the bathroom. Wityh all his might, Light carried Jin on his shoulders and back, supporting most of his body. Jin's hand hung freely infront of him and kept bashing him on his bruise. Wincing in pain, he carried on and barged in the room shouting for help.
"Somebody help me with this!" He shouted again, getting frustrated and tired with all the weight on his back. Light placed Jin down on a seat and grabbed him ont he shoulders.
"Jin! Wake up!" He begged, shaking him violently.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
Jin in his passed out state began to dream. He dream of his parents and his older sister. He dreamt about the day they died.
"Jin can you come over here?" His mother asked him.
"Yes." a younger looking Jin said. His mother wanted him to pick up a box of old newspapers. They were cleaning out their house. He smiled. Those were happy times for him. As he helped his mother he saw his sister Au, come out.
"Au you want to play a game?"
"Sorry Jin, can't today. I'm going over to a friends house."
"Whose?"
"Just a friends Jin." She smiled at her little brother. The dream ended there. But he had another one where his mother, sister, and father were standing next to each other. He tried to follow them but he could not. He began to cry. He was alone again and was awaken by the sound of a voice.
"Jin! Wake up!"
"Who is that?"
"Jin! Wake up!"
"Is that...Light?" He said as he came out of his sleep. He looked up and saw that he was on a chair. He saw Light trying to wake him up by shaking him.
"What are you doing?" He said to Light between each shake that Light shook him.

Szayel Aporro

didn't i leave
Website
"Gomenasai... I didn't... mean to..." Nana chuckled lightly, "darken the mood. We were all having a good time... I'm... sorry." She said, wiping the leftover tears that fell from her eyes.
Not wanting to bring up the dreary subject again, she sat quietly as everyone returned to their activities, staring at the floor. Though, she felt a wave of concern come over her as she watched Jin sneak away from the seen, and Light, who followed after. Her pupils shrunk, eyes darting in every direction because of this immense fear that she felt in the room.
She clutched her head, bringing her knees to her chest and buring her face in her legs.

"Haauuu, Nana-chan, what's wrong?"
Nana whimpered in fear at the voice, "Hanyuu?! Hanyuu?!" She exclaimed, though, nothing came out of her mouth.
"Nana-chan, you shouldn't be afraid, you're scaring me! Auuauu!"
"I'm sorry, Hanyuu. Why... why are you here?"
"I sensed fear in the area, and... oh no, hauauauu!"
"What is it Hanyuu?"
"I need to go, I need to go! Oh no, oh no!"
Nana stared into space, positively terrified, where did Hanyuu have to go? Who else did she know that could see her?

Hanyuu arrived in the Sonozaki household, huddled in the corner of their living room, watching as Sakiko began to cry.
And she heard her footsteps.
"...gomenasai, gomenasai, gomenasai, gomenasai..." She repeated over and over again.

Szayel sighed, nodding at Masako's response. "...Do you remember anything that happened, Masako? You... were hit pretty hard." He stated, he paused, trying to comfort her a little; "...I can send you straight home as long as I know that you're okay."...

Raiko

Come break me down
Jin didn't reply to his call. He shook him more violently, hoping it would work this time.
"W-what's happened to him?! Jin!" he cried.

Finally, an answer.
"Who is that?"
It worked! But how can he not remember being with Light? Jin oepened his eyes and saw Light in front of him, still hands still on his arms.
"Is that...Light? What are you doing?" Jin asked with a puzzled expression.
Light realised that he was harrasing Jin and let him go. He stared at the floor, embarrassed.
"Y-you passed out on the bathroom. I had to drag you out of there," he explained and stood up to stretch his legs and arms. He walked around the room, examining each and everything in it. The dust, the books, the apple, and then he walked past Nana who was huddled up in a corner, her eyes looking wild and terrified. He knelt down next to her and placed his hands gently on her arms. He looked at her with calm eyes.
"Nana? Is there something wrong?"

----------------------------------

Edit:

Seto walked into the doors of the Police Headquarters. he was greeted by the Receptionist and he greeted her back. He went up the flight of staircases, his coat swooshing in the air. He barged into an office and flicked through some old files. Names, names and more names. Murders, missing property and people, it's a wonder how people can survive being an assistant. One name, however, caught his eye: Keiichi Maebara. Curiously, he picked up the file and looked through it. Something odd stuck him. Something that's impossible. He is dead; since 1983. He had aroud 5 different death records. he swore that he saw Keiichi on his way here.
"How can this be?!"

Last edited:

Death

Your #1 Bruh
Somewhere in the Town Dump!

1 Day Ago.

" No please I just wanted money I didn't see anything !" A man with an empty can in his hand said as he moved back trying to escape the clutches of a murderer. The murderer's hand was raised his gun and a bang was heard from a few miles away. A can rolled down Carl's hand and the Murderer stepped on the empty can laughing at the poor buffoon.

Present

A man in a long Brown Coat came walked towards the dump. Many CSI's surrounding the place taking evidence and pictures of the suspect. A CSI walked up to him. " We found out the suspect's name. And you don't want to know it." Hiroito Kato raised his head showing his eyes. " Take me to the Poor Fellow. " As they walked to the spot Hiro saw the dump and remembered the good times. The hobo's were so kind to him. Giving him food and playing around in the junk. Asking people for money and wasting it on toilet paper. Making him gifts for christmas and his birthday. They were all good memories.

Hiro wallked to see who the victim was. Tears ran down his eyes. " His name was .." The CSI started to say but Hiro finished his sentence before he did. " Empty-Can Carl. He was a father to me. " He knelt down and looked to see bullet holes. He looked around to find his can squashed. " He asked the wrong person for money. And now we need to find that person" He started to look for clues.

The CSI said" Well he was wearing gloves since there are no finger prints at all. " " But we can find out what gun was used to shoot him and ask local Gun Sellers to see who recently bought one." Hiro said as he pointed at the bullet shells.

He picked up Empty-Can Carl's Can and lifted it up. " WE MUST AVENGE THE CAN ! "

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back