• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

High School Musical 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...it isn't about the fans.

Companies barely EVER give two shits about the fans.

Example: Hills Have Eyes and Hostile and the Saw series. (and basically every scary movie I can think of that were released within 2000 to now.)
Nobody liked them ('cept a few idiots on the side...and weirdo's.) and yet they make sequels.

They just want money.

That's it.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Very true Usagi, very true..I watched Hills Have Eyes and I was like:WTF? And then it got a sequal.....

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...excuse me, sir. Are you retarded by any chance?

Shrek 2 wasn't 'good'. It was so so and piggy backed on the fame of the first one.

And the original Star Wars > Newer ones.
Always.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
keyblademster, what are you talking about? Shrek 2 was only "okay" and that was only because Puss was in it, and the Star Wars series sucked when they released the new ones

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Nobody liked them ('cept a few idiots on the side...and weirdo's.) and yet they make sequels.

Saw was a great movie. The second two kind of fell through after the gimmick died, but it was a nice film to start with. Plenty of people liked Hostel, too. It was the most unnerving horror I've seen in years .__.

Gotta agree with you on The Hills Have Eyes, NU. Biggest piece of shit remake you'll ever see. Doesn't help that it got a sequal, either.

And the original Star Wars > Newer ones.
Always.

Actually, Star Wars always sucked.

So yeah, I saw HSM2 at a friend's little party thing on Friday. Some hot girls showed up, so I was happy.

The movie itself was terrible though. Although the singers have talent (especially Effron, he's amazing in Hairspray :\), the film was dragged down by stale acting and extremely over the top choreography. Not to mention that the plot was more or less the original's, albeit slighty revamped for a summer feel to it.

4/10, I guess.

~Dorian Gray

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
I kinda live close to where it was filmed... the Actors, most anyhow, don't really treat people that well.... At least the People I knew who saw them were glad to see them go....

However, I've seen that first one, and I felt I should watch this one. I mean, it's kinda a big deal for our generation, I guess... Plus, I wanted to give it a chance because Efron did pretty well in Hairspray.

I thought maybe it'd be better than the first. Well, I thought these songs kinda had too much going on - didn't show off the voices of the characters very well.... I mean, I understand that they stepped up the dancing, or whatever, but the songs suffered.

Not to mention the one chick, Gabriella's sad songs... In both movies it took me the entire song to figure out she was supposed to be sad.

Oh, that's another thing. These songs were way too drawn out. Kind of annoying.

I'd say the first was much better (and believe me, I'm no fan of it). At least this movie helps you appreciate the first.

Oh, and I kinda was glad that that kid - Sharpay's brother, don't know his name... I'm glad they made him smarter in this one. I thought he was a better character, not just the comic relief dude so much.

I dunno, 4/10. Too into dancing, not enough into the quality of the acting or singing. Plus, the first story was kinda better, too.

Black-Harmonia

Website
www.black-harmonia.deviantart.com
It was okay.
Not great.

the first was way better. In this one, it really just dragged out Vanessa's 1 sided character to make it really pathetic. Really whiney and too predictable. When she was b*tching out Sharpay, I really was thinking
"GOD just shup up already!"
With the story being overall predictable, it didnt go over well.

None of the songs were really catch. Only the 1st one. and honestly, the dances didnt look hard at all.

Haku

<3
They shouldn't have even made a sequel, they should have just ended the suffering after the first one.

I

Inuyashigan

The second movie was great.
They focused WAY more on character development, and continuing each character's persona in a new fashion.
The choreography required much more effort, and the songs (for the most part) were much better.
Despite the fact it didn't take place in a high school, the plot made sense. It was strange and new, but the plot made sense, and didn't feel out-of-place at all. Sharpay's evil, and they just got to expound on that more by making a story based around her trying to steal Troy away and win another talent show. While her brother was trying to prove to everyone he can be independent of Sharpay's shadow, Gabriella and Troy's relationship deepening (with a surpise at the end), and a fresh new setting.

I thoroughly enjoyed the sequel. Moreso than the original.

yo peps i hate high school musicel!

God, what kind of English classes do public schools teach these days?

It's musical.
And peeps.
And don't waste your time here.

They shouldn't have even made a sequel, they should have just ended the suffering after the first one.

There are fans that like it.
There are people who enjoy Disney movies.
There are people who have a refined taste for musicals, and not slasher flicks in the box office. Mmk?

Oh, and I kinda was glad that that kid - Sharpay's brother, don't know his name... I'm glad they made him smarter in this one. I thought he was a better character, not just the comic relief dude so much.

His name is Ryan. lol.
He wasn't exactly made smarter, the Making-Of's said they were simply trying to make him prove that he wasn't Sharpay's poodle and had an independent identity of Sharpay.

Last edited:

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Now at Disney's theme park California Adventure, they have a High School Musical parade. This series is becoming a huge success. At the rate it's going, we might be seeing HSM in Kingdom Hearts.....sad day.

Penelo

I hate these movies, but...please don't hurt me when I say this...the second one was better. Really. The songs were better (except that one Sharpay sang towards the begining which almost made me throw-up). But that's about it. And Zac Efron's nose is still WAAAAAAAAAAY too small for him to be cute. XD

ultima_keyblade

Lost in Time
There are people who enjoy Disney movies.
I enjoy Disney movies. Just not this one.

Puck;2402732 said:
At the rate it's going, we might be seeing HSM in Kingdom Hearts.....sad day.
AHHH!! Don't put that image in my head!! If that happened I would boycot the game until they took that level out! Unless they had the HSM characters as bosses and you had to beat them up. Then I would enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back