• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hidden Memories cutscene: Why was it so important for only a data version of Sora to learn the truth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Basically, Xehanort wants to destroy the worlds again so he can start over and recreate the world in perfect balance. At least, that's what the games and press releases lead us to believe.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Basically, Xehanort wants to destroy the worlds again so he can start over and recreate the world in perfect balance. At least, that's what the games and press releases lead us to believe.

I know that. I guess what I meant was, "how does revealing the true Kingdom Hearts achieve this?" That detail seems subject to change.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I know that. I guess what I meant was, "how does revealing the true Kingdom Hearts achieve this?" That detail seems subject to change.

We've danced around the answer.

Xehanort's goal, supposedly, in unlocking Kingdom Hearts is to lure Keybladers into fighting over it, like in the days of old. Since the first Keyblade War split the worlds apart, Xehanort thinks another rumble may do something different and getting Kingdom Hearts up there is the only way to ensure that Keyblade Wielders will come to play. At least that's how BBS describes it.

But then, and this may be where your questioning lies, who is Xehanort expecting to show up? I'm not convinced there are that many Keyblade wielders left to trigger that kind of armageddon. Though that may be where the Lost Masters come into play.

Anagram

Banned
But then, and this may be where your questioning lies, who is Xehanort expecting to show up? I'm not convinced there are that many Keyblade wielders left to trigger that kind of armageddon. Though that may be where the Lost Masters come into play.
That's something I've always agreed on too. We know some are left but it's obvious I think that there aren't many. Unless there are some long lost wielders in the corners of creation I'd bet you wouldn't find more than the groups of Sora, Eraqus, Micky and Xehanort.

Isn't there some theory going around about bringing back the wielders lost in the war?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's something I've always agreed on too. We know some are left but it's obvious I think that there aren't many. Unless there are some long lost wielders in the corners of creation I'd bet you wouldn't find more than the groups of Sora, Eraqus, Micky and Xehanort.

Isn't there some theory going around about bringing back the wielders lost in the war?

As far as I recall Xehanort himself stated that he knows just maybe a dozen Keyblade Wielders outside his and Eraqus' group. Nomura has stated that there are other Keyblade Wielders out there, but never really how many.
I think it's still safe to assume though that the overall number of Keyblade Wielders in the current KH Universe is significantly lower than it was in the old universe that met its downfall in the first Keyblade War.

Then again though...weeeell, if the "Key to return Hearts" that Sora is supposed to search for has the power to bring back TAV, Xion, Naminé and Roxas, who knows if it can bring back more than just those six?

We know that countless Keyblade Wielders (aka most of the player characters from x[chi]) fell and perished in the first Keyblade War when the original world was destroyed and the prophecy already came true once.
What we don't know however is what happened to all the hearts that were lost when these tens of thousands wielders perished. The one true KH was swallowed by the Darkness so it is not 100% sure that all those hearts returned to KH properly.
As far as our current information goes, hearts seem to be somewhat eternal and immortal just like memories, their primary "ingredient".
Depending on where all these hearts are, Xehanort may use the recreation of the X-blade (the prize the original war was fought over) as a beacon to direct all those lost hearts to the Keyblade Graveyard and then use the KtrH to revitalize them all in the hope they would restart the carnage again.

If all those hearts would be "reactivated" so to say, the countless "lifeless" keys lying around at the graveyard might be reunited with the hearts of their masters, regaining their keychains and spring back into action.

A second possibility is that Xehanort will forego the whole "Keyblade War"-point entirely in the vein of not having all the opposing sides made up of thousands of wielders, but simply try to flood the RoL with untold numbers of Heartless to eventually make Darkness prevail and all defending Keyblade Wielders "expire".
The end result "Armageddon/Apocalypse" would be the same and with the X-blade (and thus access to the true KH) being in existence again, he could start his ascent to "godhood" and trying to remaking the universe in either scenario.

Anagram

Banned
^ I'm inclined to think there isn't many at all but however few Xehanort would've heard of. If there was more than just a few wielders I'd think they would've had more of a presence during Ansems ten year onslaught of heartless on the universe.
The only wielder that seemed to notice or do anything was Mickey with Sora getting swept into the fray. Mickey trying to contact Riku or any wielder in general also makes it seem like there arent many to speak of.
It's also possible Ansem was doing something to any wielders that appeared too.

What if all the hearts fell into the realm of sleep? It's that theory you see now and then about Chi being a sleeping world. With Xehanorts trolling and a plot device like returning hearts you have a now nigh uncountable number for conflict.

Alternatively I could see Xehanort warping time somehow to let the old war bleed into the present. His own form of time travel may be limited but with the Xblade there's no telling what doors he can open. *imagines Timeless rivers door on a huge scale*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back