• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hi guys. I'm a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts and new here.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Stevie Goodwin

Hi everyone, I'm a new user and i've been a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts ever since i was little when i played the first game on my Grandma's PS2. I hope i will like it here at the forums. I'm looking forward to see you guys again. Also is Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories a good game? I have the Re:CoM on PS2, and i used the play the one on GBA, also when i was little, too. Also i love Sora's KH1 outfit as he looks so cute in it. What do you think? I'm glad to be here.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Welcome! :) Make sure to read the FAQ! If you've got any questions, feel free to message me.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Glad you are here too! Welcome to the forums! KH CoM is a good game, but I always found it challenging. Sora does look adorable in KH1, but I found his WoFF version so incredibly cute. <3

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Welcome!~

I liked the card based system in CoM (even though I struggled with it at first because I didn't understand it so well), and the story that happens with Namine and the organization was really intriguing and kept me invested.

Sora in his KH1 outfit is so precious and huggable. XD

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
hey there :D have a good time around here.
i think chain of memories is good. not my favorite in the series but decent enough xD

Ditman

I don't want this thread to be focused entirely on Chain of Memories, but it was my first introduction to the Kingdom Hearts series, so I thought I'd write about it.

I first encountered Kingdom Hearts when I saw a PSP disk of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep at my local store. The cover art instantly grabbed my attention because I was surprised to see Mickey Mouse leading a bunch of JRPG-esque characters, but it was a somewhat pleasant surprise, mainly because I noticed how consistent the artstyle was, and the fact that Mickey had the same style of outfit and weaponry as the rest of the characters made him blend in quite nicely, and without looking out of place.

Nevertheless, it quickly went through my head and I haven't remembered about it for a long time.

My real expirience with the series began when I was around 14-15, if I remember correctly. I was browsing Coolrom for them Game Boy Advance ROMs to play on my smartphone and stumbled across Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories in the recommended ROMs section. I downloaded the game out of curiosity, just to see how good it could be.

I was not dissapointed. The game felt very fleshed-out in terms of pretty much everything, from graphics to presentation to gameplay. But the most amazing thing about it was the story. Call me crazy - but I enjoyed every last moment of it. To the point when I had to use cheat codes just so I could see the next cutscene and see how the story unveils. (I wasn't very good at RPGs at the time.) I didn't care that I wasn't familiar with the overall lore. I didn't care that I coudn't understand something. I didn't care that the original characters had weird hairstyles. I didn't care about the words "heart" and "darkness" All I cared about is to see more of it. And the mysteriousness of the original characters that I wasn't familiar with kept thing fresh and exciting for me.

Last edited:

Stevie Goodwin

So far, i'm enjoying it here. Also, Is Sora friendly? Because i read he is a happy and cheerful person.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
hey, welcome to khi. read the faq and you'll be all set- big fan btw, higher love is my jam.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Heyaz~ welcome to the forums :']
CoM is a great game, in my opinion! The story was really catchy and the gameplay was challenging on the GBA version, which I played. I don't know how the PS remake "feels" like, since I don't have the game yet. But this aside, CoM is one of my fav entries in this franchise
And well, to answer your other questions, yup, Sora is a friendly guy, with a heart of gold and a bunch of courage. Many times he acts silly though, and this went on until DDD when his goofy attitude cost him a lot... Won't give spoilers since I dunno if you played DDD yet, but will just say that the events of DDD's end made Sora realize he needs to be a bit more serious. Hope this helped~

Sorami_Eclipse

Awards
Hey, welcome! CoM was probably had one of the most challenging gameplay, but I overall loved the idea of the cards and the story in general. The feel of the game kinda got lost in the ps remake tho... but it was still nice. As for Sora's personality, he's just a goofy dangerous cinnamon roll, who's pretty questionable sometimes

Ditman

Sora is an interesting character, to say the least. His biggest personality traits are optimism and romanticism.

Sora is a highly optimistic character who is known to see the good before the bad. When something bad happens, he's too cheerful to start panicking and losing hope but also too stupid to carefully think about the situation and find a rational solution. Instead, he believes that as long as you have friends by your side, things will turn around. He values friendship more than anything else and even aknowledges it as his "power".

Romanticism is also his thing. He only knows black and white, no colors in-between. Feels incredible passion for those he cares about, but also ruthless against his enemies. He once stood on his knees before Saïx just so he could let him see Kairi again, and Master Yen Sid simply explaining that the Organization 13 are a threat was enough for him to practically kill almost every single remaining member without going into much detail. Who cares, they're enemies anyway.

Stevie Goodwin

Welcome!~

I liked the card based system in CoM (even though I struggled with it at first because I didn't understand it so well), and the story that happens with Namine and the organization was really intriguing and kept me invested.

Sora in his KH1 outfit is so precious and huggable. XD
I agree 100%. Sora does look huggable and precious and cute in his KH1 outfit XD

Back