• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Heyo'. The name's Axdyn, though my old SN here was A.J., ring any bells...Anyone? owo?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Axdyn

The Half-Hearted Creator
Okay okay okay...After a few rounds of Phoenix downs and Megalixirs, I'm back again. Had some issues that landed me in the hospital a few times and issues with people sending me medication on time, but that's solved. Though I'm not sure what I could do around here anymore...I'm a veteran RP-Maker but I dunno. Kind of been used to RP'ing on instant messengers.

Suggestions anyone?

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Wow, you're back again! I guess that no one really does get away from here. Sorry to hear about the medical stuff, such as the apparent medication issues, and stuff.

As far as your dilemma's concerned, I guess what you can do around here depends on your interests. Do you like talking about games? Do you want to try RPing the way people on here do it, again? Do you want to post non sequiturs and hope that people find you funny? I suppose the best thing I'd suggest is... wander? Just look around and see what's interesting right now? That's all I've ever really done.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
You can check the Roleplaying Academy or Roleplaying Tavern if you're looking for something to do. That or join a roleplay; jumping back in typically seems to be the easiest way to get back into the flow of things.

Axdyn

The Half-Hearted Creator
To Urbane~

Thanks for that :3

...And I do miss this place, despite some of the stuff that happened before I left a long time ago.

All of the above sounds good actually. I would like to try RP'ing here again if possible. My OC's are still in top condition from my AIM RPing.

To OmniChaos~ (sorry, forgot how posting here worked for a moment there )

Back in August I did apply for the RP Academy but there was something about that I don't remember.

What's the Roleplay Tavern?...Also, I knew you by another name, didn't I dude?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Thank you OmniChaos, (why does that name ring a bell...?) but like I said, depends on the reception I get. I don't plan on making any RP's anytime soon...Last time I posted up a good one and no one joined...
Welp, that's how the current RP climate is like. You either be persistent or make something good and well-established enough that people will not only join it but remain active in it.

Anyway, as the main moderator of the roleplaying section, I'd like to welcome you back, though advise that with things being more sluggish than they were in the past, your work will only be noticed and/or survived based upon its own merits. There are only a few people around now (most of whom would not be considered 'veterans') who can pretty much be guaranteed to have decent interest shown for their roleplays.

Don't rely on the fact you were around in something approximating a 'golden age', and don't bother to advertise it either, because those that were around then don't really care, and those that weren't don't know about it, so either way it doesn't matter much. You'll fit in just fine if it can be seen that you work hard and/or produce good stuff.

And yeah, I figured Sam might be retired. If I recall, he was the one who started this site.
sam making khi/kh2.net wat

Back in August I did apply for the RP Academy but there was something about that I don't remember.
It was being restructured, and has been recently re-implemented.

What's the Roleplay Tavern?...Also, I knew you by another name, didn't I dude?
Something a little like an in-character foyer section. Of sorts.

Axdyn

The Half-Hearted Creator
@Orion
Thanks for some of the info....
But...You're the second mod to give me a somewhat harsh welcome. It's cool. We all have off-days.

There have been plenty who have politely welcomed me: Omnichaos, Marly, and Bictorious (I think that's what the color of their names mean. As said before, 'been a while since I was here). And everyone else who isn't a mod and have welcomed me, thank you. Referring to the harsh part- If this was not meant as harsh, alrighty then, but I feel I need to say something as it came across rather negatively.

Don't rely on the fact you were around in something approximating a 'golden age', and don't bother to advertise it either, because those that were around then don't really care, and those that weren't don't know about it, so either way it doesn't matter much. You'll fit in just fine if it can be seen that you work hard and/or produce good stuff.

... I rely on nothing. I make things up as I go. XP

--I said nothing of a 'Golden Age'...You said it.
The fact that I was around for some good times back then and have mentioned said good times means I was around for some good times, pure and simple.

Also--Just saying I'm a veteran RP'er doesn't mean I'm 'advertising' it. It means I'm saying I'm a veteran RP'er, I know what I'm doing when it comes to Roleplaying.

I'm not here to prove anything to anyone, this ain't high school...And like in high school, to heck with fitting in...It's highly overrated. XD

I make RP's for those who are interested for the pure intent of having some fun. Sure I put work into my RP ideas, but the overall goal is fun. I hold that above everything else (Well, that, friends, and tacos. Tacos rule). If some are not interested, fine, to each their own. My work speaks for itself for those who know it, and to the contrary, DO care.

--For those who don't know it or remember it, you're welcome to join in too...The More the Merrier...But I don't appreciate being snapped at/put down by some just because you don't know me or my work.

...I left before alongside several friends because there were some major rudeness issues goin' on from members and mods alike. Too chaotic for my Zen deal.

I have some friends that still hang around here, and it seems there are a nicer degree of people around nowadays than when I left as shown by the warm welcome I've gotten from everyone except two people. But things seem to have quieted down, so that's why I figure I'll hang out.

To anyone else with somethin' harsh or negative to say... I didn't come back here for trouble and stress.

If ya' don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all please. Or if you don't mean to be harsh and think something you want to say may sound harsh typed out, might want to think twice about posting it. Emotion doesn't always travel well through type.

...If anyone wants me. I'll be doing the aforementioned hanging out. Probably gonna check out that Roleplay Tavern thing. I did something similar back in the day. It was fun. I'll still be checking up on this thread though.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Axdyn said:
...Also, I knew you by another name, didn't I dude?

If you did, it was before I really got into roleplaying. I've had this name for near five years now.

@Orion
Thanks for some of the info....
But...You're the second mod to give me a somewhat harsh welcome. It's cool. We all have off-days.

I don't think Rena was aiming for harsh (in fact, I don't think I've ever seen her "harsh"). Orion, on the otherhand, is notorious for being increadably blunt; he isn't, however, harsh. He isn't the type to sugar-coat things for people, that's all.

Axdyn

The Half-Hearted Creator
Ah, alrighty.

Oh, I know what she said was meant to be a harsh/snap at me, she has a personal but stupid grudge against me despite me trying to bury that hatchet. Back when I came here in August. But I'm not gonna get into the details of that...

And yeah, with Orion I figured, but still. It came across to me as harsh. He didn't need to sugar coat it, but he didn't need to make the comments he did either. Get what I'm trying to say?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
And yeah, with Orion I figured, but still. It came across to me as harsh. He didn't need to sugar coat it, but he didn't need to make the comments he did either. Get what I'm trying to say?
Sorry, some miscommunication on my part. I see people describe themselves as 'veterans' as though it's something special and that colours my perception of them. I meant it purely as advice, not as an attempt to - say - denigrate you for being a 'veteran'.

Axdyn

The Half-Hearted Creator
Sokay dude. I figured it must be something like that. But thank you for the apology. It takes a big person to apologize in this world today.

Just remember though, don't judge a book by it's cover. Just because I say I'm a veteran doesn't mean I'm flaunting it. 'Means I'm just saying I am one, the only one it's special to as far as I know is it's special to me because of the good memories and knowledge I've gained from being one.

But yeah, Let people's attitudes toward others, their actions, and their personalities calibrate your perception of them. It'll take you alot further and make things more pleasant.

Thank you for the advice. But to be honest, I kind of estimated the same when I thought about coming back to hang out.

Also...My post count is still stuck at the number 63. That thing's busted. Said it earlier in this thread, but I had like over 10,000 posts back when I left. I had the exact number written down somewhere.

Any idea as to who to talk to about getting my post count back? I don't mind if I can't get it back, but the being stuck at 63 is...Well, starting to bug me. I feel the need to hit it like a TV with picture issues. XP

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Also...My post count is still stuck at the number 63. That thing's busted. Said it earlier in this thread, but I had like over 10,000 posts back when I left. I had the exact number written down somewhere.

Any idea as to who to talk to about getting my post count back? I don't mind if I can't get it back, but the being stuck at 63 is...Well, starting to bug me. I feel the need to hit it like a TV with picture issues. XP
I think I did mention that the count corresponding to posts themselves would have been lost over multiple thread/section moves/deletions, but if you talk to Shamdeo about it, and really do have the number written down somewhere, he might be sympathetic enough to set that number for you.

Axdyn

The Half-Hearted Creator
Oh, you did? Sorry, brainfart.

Ah, yeah, I do have the number written down in a place where I make notes for myself.

I'll send him a PM about it. Thanks for the info. ^^

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Sorry, some miscommunication on my part. I see people describe themselves as 'veterans' as though it's something special and that colours my perception of them. I meant it purely as advice, not as an attempt to - say - denigrate you for being a 'veteran'.

Occupy Wallstreet. I'm doing it brah .

Axdyn

The Half-Hearted Creator
Holy-E-CRIPES I lost track of this thread. Sorry people, ALOT more issues with my medical issues popped up over a long course of time.

But I'm 'okay'/so-so now. Though I'm still not sure what to do around here other than mull about. No one's really around that used to take part in my RP's, so I'm at a loss for purpose.

I'm a major idea guy though if anyone ever wants to hit me up for some. I'm an all-around kind of guy...I've seen/read dozens of videogames, anime, comic books, cartoons, movies, etc.

My specialty back in the heyday of this place was Crossover Roleplays.

So yeah. I'm here if anyone needs me.

Back