• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

hey you guys can you imagine an only disney kingdom hearts game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

samues

with only Disney main mascot character king mickey as your playable hero in the game? and hey what about only Disney worlds and characters? yes or no?what you guys think for this game.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
Hmm, I personally wouldn't like it quite as much. The initial draw for me to Kingdom Hearts was the Final Fantasy characters, since my dad exposed me to those games when I was very young... enough that one of the first games I took huge interest in was Final Fantasy VIII, the one he was always playing. (He never finished it. And neither did I. But I loved Squall hahahahaha.)

But after Kingdom Hearts, I eventually got way more into Disney as a whole, so I love it all now. And seeing more cross-movie interaction between characters would be super fun.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'd still play it, but I think the series is better with an original character in the protagonist role. Don't get me wrong, I wish the series hadn't spun out of control and made the main narrative original-character-only like it has become, but the way the setup was in KH1 worked well. Watching a character you already know--like Mickey--go through the storyline probably wouldn't have been as interesting.

Ginalea00

Awards
I guess you could have Mickey as the main character, Donald as a Riku-type character and Minnie as a Kairi-type. Personally I'd prefer Sora, Riku and Kairi as I'm not sure how much freedom the writers would have with the Disney mascots.

I would have liked some of the original and FF characters to be replaced by Disney. I'd like a Disney villain to be Xehanort, possibly the Evil Queen from Snow White. It would be tweaked a little bit but it isn't totally strange for the Evil Queen to do most things that Xehanort has done. She was pure evil in the film. Instead of Leon/Yuffie/Aerith, they could have Prince Phillip, Prince Charming, Aurora and Snow White helping Sora. Maleficent can have the same role. This may sound odd but maybe Lady Tremaine in Ansem's role only because the Xehanort stealing Ansem's identify could work with Tremaine and Evil Queen. Obviously the story will differ slightly with these villains but not as drastically as you may think.

Organization XIII can be filled with Disney villains. Maybe not give them new names if they go the nobody route. Xigbar and Saix can be Jafar and Hades. Eraqus can be Merlin but he obviously won't die. Merlin's current role can be either the blue fairy or fairy godmother. Axel's role is a tricky one - maybe Pete can be his role and go the "bad character goes good" angle. Obviously different once again because Pete is much dumber. Pete's current role doesn't need to be replaced. You could even have Oswald the rabbit in Axel's role haha

All Sora's forms stay the same (Roxas, Xion, Namine, Ven, Vanitas) as well as Terra and Aqua. You may even need to switch Terra and Aqua's role if the Evil Queen is the big bad. Other FF characters can be replaced by random Disney characters - Cloud can be Quasimodo, Auron - Mufasa lol, the FFX fairies - Bernard and Bianca, the world ends with you teens - a group of talking animals such as Pongo, Perdita, Lady, Tramp, Oliver, Dodger, Todd, Copper, O Malley and Duchess - genius lol

sounds bizarre but with some slight tweaking I wouldn't mind it. It doesn't need to be less serious though.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Mate, you are aware that all the original Kingdom Hearts characters are completely owned by The Walt Disney Company? So Sora, Axel, Aqua, Ephemer etc.: They're all Disney characters.

samues

but maybe could Disney even add made up original Disney characters just like similar to sora riku and kairi type of characters like Disney did with spectrobes that game looks like an role playing game right how about if Disney did with that game disney could do with a Disney kingdom hearts type of original characters in the game too yay know.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
Holy crap, I never knew Spectrobes was Disney... I need to go rethink my life.

But what Alpha Baymax pointed out is true. They are original Disney characters. With Square Enix influence, but still Disney.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I wouldn't mind a KH game with Sora as the main character, but only Disney worlds visited. They could use an obscure Disney world as the last world (maybe Cauldron and the Stone), so that it has an "original" feel.

Playing as Mickey doesn't really sound fun at all, at least for the whole game. Mickey's surprise appearance in KH2 was amazing. The whole game though? Nah...

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Wasn't there a cancelled mobile game Disney was working on without Square Enix a couple years back? There was concept art for several Disney worlds, including Frozen and Wreck-It-Ralph. Maybe not what you had in mind, but I can more than imagine it - there are screenshots.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
Wasn't there a cancelled mobile game Disney was working on without Square Enix a couple years back? There was concept art for several Disney worlds, including Frozen and Wreck-It-Ralph. Maybe not what you had in mind, but I can more than imagine it - there are screenshots.

Plus there was Disney Infinity (rest in peace).
(I've never played it, so I'm not entirely sure it's the same kind of thing, but I know plenty of movies were included in that.)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
but maybe could Disney even add made up original Disney characters just like similar to sora riku and kairi type of characters like Disney did with spectrobes that game looks like an role playing game right how about if Disney did with that game disney could do with a Disney kingdom hearts type of original characters in the game too yay know.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you want original characters in the Disney style, created by Disney as opposed to Square Enix in the game? I don't think that's going to happen. The development rights to the Kingdom Hearts franchise is exclusively with Square Enix anyway, and Disney has stuck with a licensee approach to their games ever since they discontinued Disney INFINITY.

And by the way, Jupiter developed Spectrobes. The same studio that developed The World Ends With You. But you are correcting in saying that it's also a Disney property.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
[launchpad's erection grows ever skyward] "hehe, let's just say, i would like it"

Andriux

Website
kingdomhearts.be
I can't really see this in my head. It would just feel like another Mickey's Epic Adventure to me. However, if it's KH themed I'd definitely give it a shot!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
[launchpad's erection grows ever skyward] "hehe, let's just say, i would like it"

You're WRONG!!!! I like the weird crossover element, when it's actually AT PLAY. I like Herx holding Cloud's limp twink body while Donald gets bit by Cerberus. I like the weird funny juxtaposition and I hate when 30+ mins pass without the game showing any of these properties. I nearly creamrd my jeans when Yen Sid said that Riku gave Chip and Dale some data from Ansem the Wise. That shit is funny!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd imagine it be similar to Epic Mickey in terms of Story.

Ehh i rather see them do a more pure FF/Disney with a final fantasy character in the lead. It probably would have been Onion Knight from ff3 or Bartz from ff5 as they fit Sora's vibe. Tidus or Zidane could also be used but those are too recent circa 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back