• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hey, Retards? Yeah, that trailer's real.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
500x_bbs_battle04.jpg

Sorry, I meant when the English version comes out. Like Magic Wish and Fireblazer, I don't think they'll change those command names. Or I guess I should say special attack names that are in English already in the Japanese version.

maggosh

Awards
Website
www.khwiki.net
cant you edit those things?

like, cut out the spell weaver thing people see in english scan

then paste it on that segment of gameplay as a subititle sort of [like editing it on there] or on each frame if ya have to. then just do it like that?

Look at the footage again. The Spell Weaver logo was in motion.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Look at the footage again. The Spell Weaver logo was in motion.

i just did. and it wasn't. it looked like the words "spell weaver" coulda easily been pasted on there for those 2 seconds. yeah i saw those little "orbs" on the pink logo thingy move, but that still coulda been from the "magic wish" one, and just edited the words out,

Awards

That's a good point. Could be that the developers have missed it in a beta version (or, obviously, it's fake).
But I'd also like to note that the gameplay footage, like the cutscenes, has the traditional trailer frame around them. That is, those little square mirrors which enlarge what's going on.

The only way this is possible, if it is fake, is through two possibilities:
1. They used gameplay footage from an old trailer and put English commands over the old ones.
2. They actually took the time to make this frame.

Option 1 is easily provable/disprovable. Just check the trailers. I looked through a couple and there is no gameplay that matches the ones we see here, though you might want to dig through some more.

Option 2... I guess it's possible. Taking the time to make that frame identical to the one in the trailers. Frankly, though, that sounds like too much effort.
If this is fake, too much was put into it. I would feel bad for the person who put this together, because the only person they seemingly trolled would be myself (and the op).

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
Could be that the developers have missed it in a beta version
eeeeeeh really?? that sounds a little off i mean come on...

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
That's a good point. Could be that the developers have missed it in a beta version (or, obviously, it's fake).
But I'd also like to note that the gameplay footage, like the cutscenes, has the traditional trailer frame around them. That is, those little square mirrors which enlarge what's going on.

The only way this is possible, if it is fake, is through two possibilities:
1. They used gameplay footage from an old trailer and put English commands over the old ones.
2. They actually took the time to make this frame.

Option 1 is easily provable/disprovable. Just check the trailers. I looked through a couple and there is no gameplay that matches the ones we see here, though you might want to dig through some more.

Option 2... I guess it's possible. Taking the time to make that frame identical to the one in the trailers. Frankly, though, that sounds like too much effort.
If this is fake, too much was put into it. I would feel bad for the person who put this together, because the only person they seemingly trolled would be myself (and the op).

IMO, if anyone were to go through that much trouble, the least we could do is believe it's real for a bit. Ya know, just to reward his/her effort. xD

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
eh you have some good points but i still think its fake.

Awards

Caasix

You can change command names but not style names. At least I think Icant read jap so I'm just messing with it till something works.

At best the footage is a rough cut of the english commercial. I will take some getting used to but MX with throat cancer isnt so bad.

Xion_Z_Forgotten

everyones made exceptional points to prove it's fake, if so they tried to do a good job so i commend whoever did it..

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Only thing about that is, Why'd DCwhoever put the vid up after I did? And then claim that it was a fake made by them?

I honestly have no idea. But regarding what Grass said about gameplay footage from old trailers; I just finished checking every single trailer and commercial, and none of those clips are recycled.

KiasuKiasiMan

Mk that explains the English characters, but what about the the "Spell Weaver = ENG" "Magic Wish = JPN" thing?

spellweaver.png
magicwish.png

Actually, If you're proficient at Flash, you can easily edit part of a short video as well as add short animations to it.

Of course this is guesswork but it is probable that the person edited the video in Flash and replaced Magic wish with Spell Weaver and then added animations to it.

αsiя

space coke
You can change command names but not style names. At least I think Icant read jap so I'm just messing with it till something works.

At best the footage is a rough cut of the english commercial. I will take some getting used to but MX with throat cancer isnt so bad.

How do you this, I would like to know.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
at least the game play looks not-rehashed

because usually what they'd do is go to the same area/world/ fight the same heartless[ in this case unversed]/enemy and then get the gameplay off of it. but it shouldn't look EXACTLY the same as the japanese trailer, so yeah, i guess you guys should compare/check and see if those fighting gameplay have been used..

wow horrible grammar sorry

i actually like MX's voice [but thats cuz i haven't spoiled myself to the jp voice acting as much as people who have played/seen the entire BBS game in japanese already.]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow I go have a life today and come back and see this. Kudos to the thread creator.

I don't think it was fake (obviously since I have said it hundreds of times on here and on YT) for the same reasons many have brought up.

And that is all I will say because I'm tired and I'm willing to wait for E3 for this mess to be answered.

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Here's something
The Square-Enix Logo animation in every SE Trailer shows up in the beginning of the trailer, did this one show up?
no.
So, I find it fake till the actual SE site posted one, or till E3.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Do I really have to point out the flawed logic in this line of thinking? ...No. It's not even thinking. You all aren't even CAPABLE of thinking. Proof? Proof:

Now, I'm right. You're all wrong. If you don't want this site's reputation going further down the toilet as it already is, probably a good idea you all shut the frak up and post the trailer on the front page.

I'm your friend. I'm your ally. I'm gearing your asses towards becoming more respectable.

I laffed so hard, I done neerly pissed miself, I did.
U hit it rite on da nogin der. We's ain't got a lick of that der tinkageamabob yous was talkin bout. Nope, not one bit. But, we's b mor dan happy to ucept any of dat learnin yous can trow our ways.

1. I joined back in 2008. Never posted it cause if I did, I'd lose braincells. Today, I'm fully prepared with a retard-retardant suit.

Oh! Oh! I wants one of dem der fansy, smansy suits to!

You would figure that someone pretending to be the official VA for MX would try to sound like the Japanese VA as opposed to.... Leonard Nimoy. Makes no sense that they'd impersonate him while voice acting for MX.

Exactly. That's one of the things that struck me odd about this so-called fake trailer.

I'm with you on this one, Grass. It seems like far too much effort for just another fandub.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back