• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hey Karutomaru

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
How about you try fighting by someone else's rules for a change? It'll be a.. ummm.... good learning experience for you. And you'll find that the rules I play by are more than fair for the both of us.

1. Battle takes place between purely HUMAN characters with NO POWERS WHATSOEVER.

2. Battle is MELEE style. ONLY BLADES are allowed for weapons. And they must be actually existing weapons in the real world. And be REALISTIC. Essentially, if you, yourself could not logically wield a certain number of certain weapons, then there is no reason your character should.

3. If your character is wounded in an immediately debilitating spot, or fashion, then that must be calculated in the moves you make.

4. Characters ARE themselves. They are not simply impostors, or clones. Once death has come upon a character, the battle is over.

I believe my terms are fair for the both of us. Should you be willing to accept, then I will commence the battle with an IC post, which will outline my character, and the setting of the battle.

Karutomaru

Banned
That sounds fair enough, but it also sounds... simple. Just 2 humans fighting each other with blades? I like a good swordfight, but isn't there something to spice things up?

Chromatic

Become
Awards
The spice for the battle will be in the fact that it will be, in some sense, more difficult, as characters will have greater limits. That, and the legitimacy of moves will be less disputable, allowing the battle to have a little more of a uninterrupted flow.

I'll also add that this will, all in all, be my first time using a non-power character.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
That sounds fair enough, but it also sounds... simple. Just 2 humans fighting each other with blades? I like a good swordfight, but isn't there something to spice things up?

"Walk before you run" is a good way of thinking about it.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
The forest glistened lightly in the light of the early morning sun, made all the more beautiful by the fact that the leaves on the trees, the grass, and each rock, were coated in the typical morning dew from the earliest part of the day. To a normal man, a man of the town life, the scene would have been something of a lack luster quality. The trees, the grass, the animals of the forest, and the very Earth itself, would have seemed a pointless expanse, that needed only to be removed, and built upon by the "advanced" civilization. The townsfolk would have quickly removed the forest for the sake of expansion of society.

But among the trees, there was at least one man who could appreciate the world he had been given from time's beginnings. Amadahy, clad lightly in animal skin clothing, consisting only of a pair of leg garments, and footwear. His dark hair was braided neatly upon his head, draping down passed his shoulders, halfway down his back. Slung upon his back was a blade, forged in a rough crescent shape, and at his waist was a pair of tomahawks. At his feet, a dead buck lay in drying blood, with an arrow sticking out from its side, stuck in the wound itself.

Amadahy steadily knelt down at the beast's side, running his hand along its side, just above wear the wound was. It was dead, for sure, otherwise, it would have stirred as he ahd touched it. In prayer, Amadahy closed his eyes, and gave his respect. "Forgive me, brother, but my people must live. I swear to you, that you will not have died in vein effort."

Karutomaru

Banned
Karutomaru enters the forest from the opposite side of the forest along with 2 flaties carrying 2 different cases. Karutomaru casts off his black cloak to reveal a white button-down shirt and loose blue jeans. Karutomaru gives the cloak to one of the flaties and takes the small case with the red cross it was holding. Karutomaru opens the case to reveal a simple syringe gun with one needle and a purple liquid in the vial as well as a holster for it; he clips the holster with the gun on it onto his belt and looks at the other flaty with the long thin case.
"My sword."
The flaty opens the case, revealing a shiny long thin fleuret with a sheathe next to it. Karutomaru takes the fleuret in his hand, whips it around a little, and puts it in the sheathe. Karutomaru then puts his hand in his sleeve and pulls out a deck of cards in a strapped deck holder and pulls an unidentifiable object from under his shirt.
"No magic. And you guys know what to do if I lose."

After the preparations, Karutomaru walks into the forest with his right hand on the hilt.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
((Ummm... what the hell are flaties?))

Amadahy busied himself in cleaning the wound of the animal, and preparing it for the journey back to the settlement. With any luck, the rest of his hunting party would arrive to aid him in this endeavor. But the chances of that were, at this point, slim to none. The settlement overseers had been sure that only one person would be allowed out at a time, and to let out any more than one, would be a showing of weakness in their resolve, in which case, Amadahy's people surly revolt. Thus, the white fathers would never think to back down on their rulings. Whatever the cost, they were holding the tribe in, and the task of returning the day's food, the only outside sustanence allowed to them, fell upon this single young man.

I should probably be quick about this. These woods can become dangerous, so deep in..... Even trees seem to be wary of danger. And the leaves, and animals too.....

Karutomaru

Banned
(watch the second season of Viewtiful Joe or play Viewtiful Joe 2 and you'll find out)

Karutomaru slowly walks into the thick of the woods, whipping down branches and plants with his fleuret.
"Where is he?"

Chromatic

Become
Awards
This isn’t going to work. It’s too much…

Despite his original estimates on the deer’s weight, Amadahy was forced to concede to defeat in any effort to carry it. It was simply too heavy a catch, being far from a mere doe. It was a full out buck, and was far more than a single man could lift, and carry for such a distance as there was between here and the settlement. As depressing, and immoral an action as it was, he would have to leave it behind, and hope that the morning would see it whole, and usable. For now, it was getting darker out, and he had no light.

Forgive me brother, but I must leave you here for the night.

Offering the buck a quick pat of sorrowful apology, he rose to his feet, turning about, and backtracking his way deeper into the woods, to the clearing where the settlement had been established some distance off. The day was slowly waning away to night, and the sounds of the moon were replacing those of the sun. A bird’s chirp became softer, and softer, and the first of the nocturnal critters passed by him within the setting sun. Even he would become nocturnal upon this night.

I must quicken my pace, lest I be lost in the night again.

Karutomaru

Banned
Karutomaru walks deeper into the forest, watching the forest all around him with his hand on the sword hilt.
"There's a spy creepin' around here." He whispers

Chromatic

Become
Awards
So that’s why the forest has been upset this evening.

Amadahy had followed his path from the earlier hours of the afternoon, backtracking his way to the settlement. Along this path, there was a rock face, over which the path passed by. Upon this rock face, the hunter stood, looking down upon the expanse of the forest within his vision, his form made an obscure shadow by the setting sun behind his back. At the peak point of the rock face, he stared down, and noticed another within the forest, who had seemed to wander deep in, from the very edge to get to this place. He was a distance off, roughly one hundred feet, and fifty feet down from Amadahy’s position.

The hunter’s hand edged down to his side, where there rest a tomahawk strapped to his waist. It was the first, and possibly the most versatile weapon in his defense, in the event of a hostile encounter. He watched this man for several more moments, before deciding that to strike up a conversation would be necessary. It was made even more necessary by the fact that the man appeared to be carrying a weapon of his own upon his person. Either he was a wanderer, or he had come into the forest to start trouble.

I should see what he needs. I might be able to aid him in his travels.

“Excuse me, are you in need of any guidance? These woods can be quite tricky to pass through, if you do not know the land well.”

Chromatic

Become
Awards
He’s looking for someone at this hour? Well, he’s not likely to find anyone, other than Amadahy.

“It is Amadahy’s belief, sir, that you will not be seeing whoever it is that you have been looking for here. At least, you will not be finding them at this hour of the evening. No one strays into these woods so lightly at dusk.” He looked around him, and realized that it was nearly nighttime, and the moon was rising upon the sky in front of him. “You’d best leave here for the night, and return in the morning. These woods can become dangerous in the moon.” He made a slow pointing gesture to the horizon behind the man. “Not even Amadahy likes to stay in the forest after dark.”

Whoever this man was, Amadahy had a bit of worry for him. It seemed that he knew nothing the forest into which he had strayed. He could get lost, if he wasn’t careful, he might find himself a morsel of dinner for a pack of wolves. “If you wish, there is a watched over settlement in a clearing not far from here. Amadahy could lead you there, if you wouldn’t mind following.”

Karutomaru

Banned
Karutomaru yawns and stretches as if he doesn't care.
"I guess I should find a place to crash for the night, but I wouldn't worry. I can just stay in one of my ships when I get tired. You don't have to worry about me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back