• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hey, critique this fer me!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
So, I had this as my signature for a bit. Would you guys critique it for me?
It's Riku. He's a sexy guy.
riku_grunge_tag_by_ashesofdawn253-d56ecdv.png

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Its not too shabby for two toned tag. You've got an adequate familiarity with complementary colors, the lighting is distinct but could serve to be darker, more towards the bottom. A tip for getting colors to look a certain way, avoid using filters like brightness&contrast because it can really reduce the values in your pieces, curves+levels will give you more freedom to play with those values.

Hope it helps you!

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Its not too shabby for two toned tag. You've got an adequate familiarity with complementary colors, the lighting is distinct but could serve to be darker, more towards the bottom. A tip for getting colors to look a certain way, avoid using filters like brightness&contrast because it can really reduce the values in your pieces, curves+levels will give you more freedom to play with those values.

Hope it helps you!
Hmm, you've got a good point there. I agree with making it darker at the bottom. I'll also keep curves-rather-than-bright/contrast in mind. Thank you! :)

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
adding to what voice said,the smudging on the right needs to be more in line with the left side.it looks messy right now

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I've already told you I loved this piece, but upon further inspection I agree with those two, and just a slight nitpick: the light source isn't quite where it should be, it's close enough really.

x)

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Right side smudging is a too messy and sharp. I think it's the displace that's ruining it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back