• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Politics Hey Americans...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I remember when Rave Dubin went on Joe Rogan's podcast or something and was like,
"We don't need building regulation and stuff. Construction workers and companies will of course do the right thing because if they don't, they'll get sued!"
And Joe was like "Um, no. They will not follow regulations unless it is law because why would they? And if it's not a law, what are people going to sue them over?"
"Well I mean, they can just leave bad reviews."

The exchange went something like that. Imagine leaving a Yelp review about a construction company that didn't build your $400,000 house up to regulations and it ended up collapsing on itself. Yeah, that Yelp review will totally help the market regulate itself.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I remember when Rave Dubin went on Joe Rogan's podcast or something and was like,
"We don't need building regulation and stuff. Construction workers and companies will of course do the right thing because if they don't, they'll get sued!"
And Joe was like "Um, no. They will not follow regulations unless it is law because why would they? And if it's not a law, what are people going to sue them over?"

The exchange went something like that. Imagine leaving a Yelp review about a construction company that didn't build your $400,000 house up to regulations and it ended up collapsing on itself. Yeah, that Yelp review will totally help the market regulate itself.
Facebook and Amazon have upped their lobbying expenses. If big companies, under a state of regulations, try everything they can to protect their bottom line, imagine the things they can do wihtout regulation.

U.N. Owen

Awards

My question is "How does a dead man sue the living when he has no brain that's not flattened, no mouth to make his case, no fingers to sign paperwork, and no address now that his soul has no apartment to haunt?"

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
That's the point. They don't want you to sue. They'd rather the bad people get away with screwing up. I'll never understand people that defend corporations and scummy people that would GLADLY screw you over for even just 1 cent. Corporations and big companies are not people. They're a machine only meant to make money. Even the people within the company can't control the morality of the machine, not as much as they pretend to. Because at the end of the day, it's about money.

Zul

Awards
I'll never understand people that defend corporations and scummy people that would GLADLY screw you over for even just 1 cent.

There were Jews who fought in Hitler's army in WW2. In fact corporate shills are probably one of the less severe varieties of those who venerate their enemies.

But yeah, it's ridiculous, I still see it happening left and right with "brand loyalty", hundreds of people happily marketing nVidia or AMD for them.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah.
I've been playing The Sims since I was like, 12 right? But in 3014 when Sims 4 released, it was a step backwards from the previous games. I "spoke with my wallet" and refused to buy it. I wasn't alone either, some others did the same.

One of the developers threatened "If Sims 4 isn't successful, there will be no Sims 5"

So now here we are today. Even now I still haven't bought it, but others have. And too much of the fanbase has developed this mentality "I'm loyal to The Sims."

What??? Why are you loyal to a game developed by EA of all things? It's so bad that when an indie game named Paralives announced itself, a good portion of the simming community (except the ones who have been begging for someone else to make a life sim like me) went full rage mode.

"How dare anyone else make a life sim!"
"I won't buy it, my loyalty is to the Sims."

It's just odd. I can't think of anything that I'm "loyal" to like that.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think the only thing that I come close to being that loyal to is Kingdom Hearts, but even there I feel like if a game didn't appeal to me at all I'd hold off on getting it.

Being this fanatically loyal to a game or even a brand is one thing, and I wouldn't argue that it's healthy, but being this kind of loyal to a party, nation or person, seems outright dangerous. I have to say it's a bit scary to see how die hard loyal some people are to a party, like they might disagree with them, but still feel compelled to vote and side with them.

On a different note, there's finally a none EA Sims game?!? I've been wishing for that for years, I'll have to check it out.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In the latest news however it looks like not only is Trump getting away scot-free again since 45 of 50 Republican Senators voted to not even open the second impeachment so getting a two third majority to actually sentence him is close to nil he also already met with the Head Republican representative of the House to discuss strategies how Trump can help the Republicans get back both the House and the Senate in the next mid terms and essentially destroy Biden's presidency.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I guess they still find use in that man's popularity. I'd love it if it bit them in the ass though.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It already did. They had complete power and lost all of it in only four years... Well, there's still the Supreme Court tilted in the bigots' favor, but give it time.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Usually 2 years into a new administration, they lose either the senate or the house. I don't think we'll know the lasting effects of Trump on the party until then.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Usually 2 years into a new administration, they lose either the senate or the house. I don't think we'll know the lasting effects of Trump on the party until then.
The only thing democrats can do is try and keep mobilized. Block or get rid of anti-democratic bullshit.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The Republican Party official stance is that "they'll remain neutral" on Trump running on 2024

Staying neutral is precisely what destroyed the party.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Dems will need to work helluva lot harder than they ever had to be able to maintain their control of the House and Senate. We cannot have another situation like Obama had during his two terms.

U.N. Owen

Awards
This is why we should amend the Electoral College out of existence and then have the states pass for a Ranked Choice, Single Transferable Vote, or Runoff system because this is race for the worst between dysfunction junction (Democrats) and personality death cult (Republicans) is getting absurd.

Awards
This is why we should amend the Electoral College out of existence and then have the states pass for a Ranked Choice, Single Transferable Vote, or Runoff system because this is race for the worst between dysfunction junction (Democrats) and personality death cult (Republicans) is getting absurd.
Considering that we have gone from Rutherford Hayes winning even though he was 254,000 votes behind, to George W. Bush winning while 544,000 votes behind, to Trump winning while 2,869,000 votes behind, I'd definitely agree that it's time for a change. The process hardly seems democratic to me. I can understand having a council step in if the public votes for an incompetent, egomaniac with mental instability issues, but not voting for one themselves.

I've questioned a lot since Trump got in. When he was talking about pardoning himself and people were saying he could actually do it, I immediately thought that we needed to make amendments there. No one should be able to pardon themselves or their family members and friends. No one should have that kind of power. He made acts of war against other countries without congressional approval multiple times and that wasn't contested. Another red flag. He was able to continue operating and hiring people while under mental and criminal review. He was able to fire the head of his investigation. All major flags. Now they're saying you can't have a trial against a previous president. Like hell you can't. Somehow he can incite insurrection within the last few weeks and since they can't have a trial that quickly before he goes, he gets off? What? This is justice? And look at how fast the Republicans in Congress went from turning their backs on him to backing him up again.

The government is absolutely riddled with corruption. I don't even see the need of having a president anymore. Maybe someone to meet with foreign leaders for us as a representative. I don't understand electing people every 4 years who can be total idiots and not know even 25% of what they'd need to know to be in charge of the entire government and the military. I don't understand letting them completely revamp everything each time and micromanage. I say hire heads for each department in government. The head of the EPA should be an environmental scientist and the best they can get. Let them run themselves with some department overseeing them to try to screen out corruption. When a fire starts burning down a city you don't have a bunch of people who know nothing about fires discuss what to do, or whether or not the fire exists. You call the fire department and let them handle it. It should be the same thing when a disease breaks out. You let the CDC do their work. You certainly don't hinder them from it and refuse to meet with them.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Congress has initiated Impeachment process. Senate adjourns today at noon to debate on the process' constitutionality and then as to whether or not they'll permit testimony from witnesses.

My prediction is that, since this is a political trial and not a criminal justice one, the legal definition of sedition/traitor don't apply and the Senate will find Trump guilty and this would inhabilitate him from running in 2024.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Last I checked though, they didn't have the votes to do that. Even though it's in the republicans best interest to keep Trump from running again for their own political careers, I think they're still scared of the Trump mob.

Last edited:
Back