• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Heroes & Villains [sign-ups/ooc]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Heroes & Villains

An Original Role-Play

__________________​

July 29, 2010. It is a peaceful day in the United States. But that peaceful day soon turns into a day that many will never forget. At approximately 2:15 PM Central Time, something terrible happened in the three major cities of the U.S.

Timed explosions engulfed Los Angeles' Griffith Park, Chicago's Lincoln Park, and New York City's Central Park. Hundreds of people died in the explosions. Thousands more were severely injured. Despite the joint collaborations of the Secret Service, the CIA and the FBI, the government has made no breakthrough in discovering what (or who) caused these explosions.

Exactly one week after this horrible event, now dubbed 'E-Day', many survivors of the explosions have discovered that they possess superhuman abilities. This discovery changes their lives forever. Some decide to use these abilities for the greater good, whether it be lowering gang activity or saving a family from a burning building. Others decide to not exhibit their abilities at all. But then, there are the ones that have decided to use their abilities for personal gain, such as robbing banks or taking over the world.

Where do you lie in this spectrum of superhumans? Do you use your abilities to save the world, or do you use them to rule it? But here is a warning to you. Whatever you decide will impact the future of the Earth, and the future of the human race. But don't let your squabbles against other superhumans keep you from what you should really be trying to figure out: the TRUE nature behind E-Day.

__________________​

Morality​

One interesting mechanic I have decided to integrate into this roleplay is Morality. Morality, simply put, is choice. What do you do when you are faced with two decisions? Will you save a bank full of innocent civilians from being killed by C4? Or will you chase down the evil bank robbers and bring them to justice? Will you save your fellow Hero from his doom? Or will you allow him to die in order to stop the villain and be the hero that gains all the credit? You will be faced with many decisions in this RP. YOU just have to choose them. But be warned, the world will suffer if you make the wrong decision, even if YOU feel it is the right one. Hell, the government might even start to say "enough is enough."

If you make completely immoral, evil, and ill-advised decisions throughout this RP, YOU WILL BECOME A SUPERVILLAIN. If you make decisions that result in happiness, idolization, and peace, YOU WILL BECOME A SUPERHERO.

This mechanic really works for those who decide to be neutral, or those who are originally a hero or a villain.

Characters

Heroes
  • Robert Sloan/Power Man

Neutrals

Villains

Rules
1. NO Killing and/or Controlling anyone else's hero or villain without permission from me and that person. If this happens once in my sight or the sight of others, you will get you kicked out of this RP.
2. No Spamming in this RP.
3. PLEASE, don't try to copy someone else's template and try to get away with it, that will end in an automatic infraction.
4. Post any and ALL questions here in this thread.
5. If you are having a hard time deciding what powers you would like, please refer to these links: List of superhuman features and abilities in fiction and Categories of Superheroes
6. If it was not clear in the story, let me make it clear here: The heroes and villains discover their powers a week after E-Day. But when this RP opens up, it will be November 9, 2010, So you HAVE had MONTHS to somewhat control your powers.
7. Hey, if more than one person lives in the same city, why not partner up or at least be best friends?
8. NO, you may NOT have the same exact powers and abilities as Superman. That means no invincibility. Also, you may not have cosmic powers, such as control over the stars, reality wraping, portal creation, or time travel. Anything Franklin Richards can do, you are NOT allowed to do.
9. I want to make it clear that if you have a hero that has powers that belong in different categories (ex. a character that has superstrength, super speed, and fire powers), you would be considered a "jack-of-all-trades", and that'd be pretty one-sided. If you want to be a good, balanced character, I suggest you have powers that fall under a specific skill.
10. You MAY control more than one hero or villain. Up to three (four if you're willing to keep up with all of them) characters are allowed for use by one member.
11. If you join, you are obligated to stay and finish this RP.
12. HAVE FUN WITH THIS.
13. Who said you had to have superhuman powers in order to be a hero or villain?

__________________​

Template​

Name: [First and Last. You may have a middle name as well]
Alias: [Every hero and villain needs his/her own unique name. What's yours?]
Nationality/Ethnicity: [African-American, White, Mexican, etc.]
Appearance: [You may be descriptive, or you may post a picture. If you can draw and upload your own costume, that would be AWESOME.]
Alliance: [Heroes or Villains. Or you may be Neutral]
City of Operations: [The city your hero or villain does most of his heroic or villainy work. The city does not have to be L.A., Chicago, or NYC]
Powers/Abilities: [You are allowed up to three]
Weaknesses: [If any.]
Weapon(s): [Captain America has his shield. What's in YOUR arsenal?]
Personality: [How does your character tick?]
Biography: [A few paragraphs. 2 at the least]

I will post my character later.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Name: Nani Carson Loharia
Alias: Animal
Nationality: Hawiaan and Japanese
Appearance: 5'5. She has narrow blue eyes,a small pointed face, and short black hair that is cut into a boyish style. Both of her ears have long blue earrings that match her costume. On both of her shoulders, she has steel pads that are dark gray. They fit her shoulders perfectly. The armor that covers her legs and arms are both gray and dark blue, the legs are streaked with gold. She wears a sleevless black shirt and a short blue tuninc that cover from her chest to her ribs. (She has to wear this before she turns into any kind of animal because the steel and metal will not rip apart,unlike other articles of clothing.)

Alliance: Hero
City of Operations: San Fransisco
Powers/Ablities: Can morph into any animal she wants and is twenty times stronger than any regular animal. The armor she wears shapes itself on to her animal form depending on what she is. She also has the ability to see through solid objects and n=has exellent night vision.
Weakness: If she stays in her animal form for too long, she loses about half of her energy.
Weapon" When in human form, Nani has a long katana.
Personality: Quite, not a talkative girl. She has one big death glare,though, and the simplest thing will tick her off. Nani has a had moments when she almost turned into an animal and tore a fellow hero to shreds. But she was able to supress those feelings. She is overall,emotionless. Unless you really know how to get underneath her deep exterior, you might as well recive a million dollars.
Biography: Nani was abandoned near a steaming volcano when she was a young child of four, since her parents were told by a witch doctor that she was not of the human world and would cause destruction to whoever was around her when she reached a ceratin age. Scared shitless, her parents abandoned her by the volcano, hoping the lava would destroy this evil being. But last minute, she manged to get away and sneak on to a nearby boat and ride to another islanc,leaving her horrid life behind. She soon found herself wanting to get to California and she did.

She is traumatized by her life as a child, when the voodoo practices were done on her, and she was forced to not speak. So,thus resulting in her relactunt speech.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 71005

I'm in, I'll post my template soon.

Is there a main plot to this, aside from the aftereffects of "E-Day"?

Also, how is an event like a bank robbery going to occur? Are you going to simply post when and where an event is occurring?

Crimson Jazz

Mind if I add a character that's Marvel related in some way?

No. This is an original RP. However, your character can be INSPIRED by a Marvel character.

I'm in, I'll post my template soon.

Is there a main plot to this, aside from the aftereffects of "E-Day"?

Also, how is an event like a bank robbery going to occur? Are you going to simply post when and where an event is occurring?

Yes, there is a main plot to this. It will be revealed as the RP goes along. And as for things like bank robberies occurring, YOU can control that. Just like how YOU control how you respond to a Morality issue.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Actually I'll draw back that plan. I read through it again and I notice our powers were giving by a radioactive energy wave from a nuclear blast. I was gonna plan on making a character to be like Venom but I can't now seeing as Venom was an alien symbiote ooze that clings onto someone creating a suit around that person and giving him unnatural powers and abilites. I don't know how I'm gonna work around to make a guy like that for this RP. I'll just brainstorm a bit more. Prehaps while I'm watching this movie I'm going to I'll think of something.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Name: Alexander Judon

Alias: Kensei

Nationality/Ethnicity: African-American

Appearance: (Will put pic later and is thinking about drawing the costume)

Alliance: Neutral

City of Operations: New York

Powers/Abilities: Super Human Relfexes, Super Human Speed

Weaknesses: Even though his reaction and speed is faster than normal humans, his strength isnt. He can still be harmed by regular human means. Another weakness is his cockyness and anger problems.

Weapon(s): Kensei carries two katanas on his back which he uses to fight with. He also is a red belt in Tung Tsu Do martial arts.

Personality: Alexander is a well known guy. He's flirtatious so he's known by the ladies. He's athletic so he's known by guys. And he's friendly so he's known by those called nerds or freaks. He will talk and have a good time with anyone no matter their social status or anything. He average on intelligence and is a bit lazy. He is a bit cocky but not to the point where it gets on peoples nerves and even though he tries to hold it in he can have anger problems once in a while.

Biography: (edit later)​

Last edited:

Athel

Machinist
Sounds awesome; not only do I enjoy superhero-RPs, I'm a big fan of morality as a factor. Count me in; I don't know when I'll be able to get a template up, as I'm pretty busy this month, but don't worry, I'll make time.

For now:

Name: Cedric Rhodes
Alias: Chance
Nationality/Ethnicity: White

Appearance:

Cedric is approximately 6”2, and prominently arms and legs. He has a slight tan, somewhat shaggy and unruly blond hair, and slate blue eyes. Normally, he dresses as a bit of a hipster; low-cut pants, skinny ties, wool jumpers, the works. He has black-rimmed ready glasses, which he usually only wears when his eyes are strained. He was growing a beard for a while, but shaved it once he realized it would make him more easily identifiable between his personas.

As Chance, Cedric wears a long, navy-blue overcoat, black slacks, and steel-tipped boots. His mask (which he put a lot of thought into), covers all his head save for his mouth. Reflective goggles are built into the mask, and cover his eyes. He carries the mask and coat with him in a backpack, in case he needs to transition into his hero attire quickly.

City of Operations: Trenton, New Jersey
Powers/Abilities: Probability Calculation
Probability Calculation allows Cedric to look at a future situation and see the hundreds, thousands, sometimes millions of possible outcomes. By seeing all the possibilities, factoring infinite amounts of variables, he can choose the most advantageous one. In a way, it is like precognition, but the amount that he can see is limited to 15.6 seconds into the future. How would this be used? In a fight, he would be able to predict the opponent’s most likely next move, and then choose the best attack of his own.

It's also possible that he could look back at a situation, but he hasn't tried that yet.

Weaknesses: There are no known specific weaknesses brought out by his powers. More often, he runs into the simple, human weaknesses.
Weapon(s): Nothing extraordinary. The most that would qualify as a weapon is a silver dollar that he carries around, that he uses to choose between options.

WIP

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Name: Renn Allen Gurski
Alias: Dark Angel
Nationality/Ethnicity: Mostly of European decent (White) but has a tinge of Naitive Canadian
Appearance: http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/rennygurski/RennandDA1.jpg
Except same height and Costumed form has Black angel wings...
City of Operations: World-wide
Powers/Abilities:
Dark Energy- Renn can control Dark energy at will and can use it and modify it to include all forms of tasks... But it's most destructive use can be that it can obliterate anything in it's path. Bad news is... When using that state of Dark energy, it drains him of his strength fast...
Flight, And Shapeshifting.
Weaknesses: His only weakness is his endurance... He goes on an all out assault mode when fighting, and once he drains most of his energy, he has no choice but to retreat or get captured. But with time, this weakness can overcome itself.
Weapon(s): His body is a litteral weapon... he's learned all forms of Kung fu and all kinds of fighting styles involving weapons etc...
Personality: He's the silent type, but that doesn't mean he's dumb, On the outside... He's pretty much just like Peter Parker, But on the inside, He's a damaged youth... And he's confused about how he should use his powers. His mind is like probing into an endless maze of complex's and enigma's that reflect those of the wisest men. He just does what he needs to in order to live etc...
But he also holds a hardened resolve and an untested sense of persistance.
Biography:

Renn was a born nerd... His history is like that of Spider man's and Ghost rider's history combined. Except...He didn't make a deal with the devil... His Father did, And When Renn protected him... He took Renn's soul instead. He rotted in Psychological hell from the age of 14, and two years into that, The devil came to him... and told him: "Since you showed a selfless act, I have to give you a second chance to get your soul back... Now...If you can hold a demon within yourself for ten years without fully succumbing to the darkness... You and your father get off scott-free."

Renn saw this as a chance to free him and Readily accepted...And Dark angel was born... The demon that Renn hold's within him is one of the most powerful in the universe though... But surprisingly his resolve hardened and he was able to keep it down for a year, But the day after... he submitted just once and his transformed state was born. But Renn has been able to maintain control and even use the power for good... But when he falls asleep... The Demon takes over and wreaks havoc... but his power is limited. His limits are determind by Renn's physical ability... which isn't very high. So while Renn is in control, He saves his energy for a last resort, wheras the demon form goes all out and and tires out too easily...

Aliahya

Bronze Member
Name: Harlee Soran

Alias: Static Electric

Nationality/Ethnicity: Irish

Appearance: http://s.myniceprofile.com/myspacepic/307/30734.jpg

Costume: Mask :http://www.socaldesignco.com/cart/images/P/855GalaMetalloSolidGold_reg.jpg
Black shorts, tattered black converse, leather studded gloves, white singlet top,

City of Operations: NYC

Powers/Abilities: Electric Manipulation: Can manipulate the electirc currents around her.

Electric Creation: Can create electric sparks from her body, which she later can manipulate

Electric Degeneration: Can change her body into electric flows, allowing her to move around undetected in the wireing of buildings etc

Weaknesses: She is terrified of people getting close to her, water, when there is no electric current in the air, she is rendered useless. If she gets wet, she can cause herself a large amount of damage if she uses her power

Weapon(s): Two hand guns that she can shoot her power from.

Personality: Harlee is gullible and although wants to do the right thing, normally ends up doing the exact opposite. As her power is attached to her emotions you can tell when she is angry and afraid as sparks of electricity are let loose upon her body. She finds herself alone and pushing people away. She comes across on first impression as rude and sarcastic, but she fears for what will happen if someone cares for her. She is pessimistic and quiet…Her internal monolouge is although a complete opposite of her outer self. She strives to silently do the best she can as a way of pleasing people around her.

Biography: When Harlee was eight years old her mother was sent to jail for killing her father. And Harlee was sent to a foster home. From then on she had a fairly normal life. Her foster mom and dad, strived to make sure her life was as normal as possible…she went school, she learnt and she was everything a normal child shoud be. And without a doubt, Harlee loved it.

Throughtout her seeminly normal life, Harlee decided to leave her home town in Oklahoma and move to the upper city of New York to begin her life as a designer…But on one overly normal day, she took a walk through the Central Park, to consume the noodles she has just bought…It was then at 2:15 the explossion was set off. Harlee, cannot remember anything from that moment, except that she was flung into the air and was caught by power lines then fell to the ground.

She was admitted immediatelty to hospital fear that she has been electricuted or something. But after a week in hospital, she suddenly awoke from the coma. Feeling suddenly alive. Harlee checked herself out of hospital and as she walked, many electric related items flickered and broke down.

It was later she realised she could manipulate and create forms of electricity from her hands and body. Tirelessly she worked to control it. But after many accidental deaths of toasters and fridges, she was ejected from her town house.

She fell to the streets, and met a few people whom were like her any many whom saw potential in her gullible ways. They taught her to push her ability to the limits and thus began her carreer as a theif. But she has been swayed into the thoughts that if she doesn’t steel the items, then her friends that have so graciously opened there homes to her, will die and starve.

Last edited:

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Long time, no see. This obviously isn't done, it shall be finished tomorrow night.

Template

Name:
Gabriel J. Odisphere
Alias:
Sidewinder
Nationality/Ethnicity:
Caucasian
Appearance: \
Normal
Mech Suit
Mech Suit [Bliss Form]
Alliance:
Opposing Both
City of Operations:
Anywhere in the North Eastern part of the U.S, N.Y included.
Powers/Abilities:
Protosynthesis; A very strange power, Protosynthesis is an ability that lets the user absorb sunlight, or other radiant energy. And with it they can transfer it into new energy types.
Eco Telepathy; This ability grants Gabriel empathy with the environmental. A very complex system that can cause him to go through any emotion from anger, to sadness. This ability influences him greatly, and is the cause of his recent motives.
Super Human Intelligence; With this power, Gabriel has created an advanced Mech suit that he can use as a WMD. This is a special, and needed ability.
Weaknesses:
Weapon(s):
The Sinister Spiral; Gabriel's only protection/weapon. The Sinister Spiral is a mech suit that stands around 10"3, and weighs over six hundred pounds. It is designed to move at high speeds, and it can also reach high altitudes. The mech carries dual swords that are used for primary attacks, though there is a small gun that can shoot concentrated wind at the target.
Bliss Mode; Once the moons reaches it's peak in luminosity, Gabriel can somehow generate a new kind of energy. This energy is able to activate his mech's Bliss Mode. In this from, the Sinister Spiral is able to grow to 20". It can also shoot the newly acquired energy from it's hands, and can fly. But this peak can only happen once every 15 years.
Personality:
Biography:

Last edited:

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Name: Ayana Harumichi

Alias: Communicator

Nationality/Ethnicity: Japanese

Appearance:
Normal: A little paler than most people, Ayana has sleek, straight black hair of neck length, and stands at 5'3", an average height for most Japanese, and slightly less than average weight. She has dark brown eyes and her usual outfit consists of T-shirt, and jeans and sneakers.

Costume: She wears this mask.
She wears a red scarf around her neck, her black and red checkered fingerless gloves, her top is a lycra sleeveless white top, black shorts and sneakers.

City of Operations: New York.

Powers/Abilities:
Telekinesis: Manipulate objects with the mind.
Telepathy: Ability to read the thoughts of, or to mentally communicate with others.

Weaknesses:
She doesn't have any defense, and she can be caught off guard easily. It is easy to make her vulnerable by playing with her emotions. Although she wears a mask her behaviour shows her emotions. She may have become less prone to illnesses after obtaining her powers but without her rest, she can fall ill.

Weapon(s):
She usually uses anything that can be found through telekinesis, but she has a small knife kept with her.

Personality:
A straightforward, open girl, who doesn't hesitate to voice her opinions. She can be impetuous and a little clumsy at times. She also wonders whether it is right for her to use her powers at all, and whether she's doing good for the world.

Biography:
Living in New York her whole life, Ayana has always been a sickly girl, and would often stay at home during her childhood because she was prone to being ill. She became slightly stronger when she grew older, yet still prone to illnesses. While she was walking out in the Central Park with a few of her friends, she was caught in the explosion. She has lost some of her friends as well on that day, and she is terribly hurt by it.

A week after the events, she was healthier than usual and even her parents noticed that she wasn't falling ill with a cold or cough like usual. She realized that she had powers of telekinesis when she was taking a rest in her room and she was able to pick up her iPod off her table and bring it to her. She also realized she was able to hear the thoughts of people, especially those close to her like her parents. It took her a while to be able to harness her powers, especially telepathy as she feels that this power invades people's privacy. She does know that her friends' families are envious of her because in addition to her surviving E-Day, Ayana is a lot more healthier now. All Ayana wants to do now is to find the reason and culprit behind E-Day, and get her revenge.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 71005

Name: Alphonse Gunnar Lombardi

Alias:
Black Star

Nationality/Ethnicity:
Italian, Japanese, African-American (Has a diverse family background)

Appearance:

Normal: Green eyes with amber colored star shapes around the pupils. Alphonse has dark/light brown fluffy hair, black eye brows and stands tall at 6'4". He has naturally light tan skin and a tall, thin yet muscular build. His Italian blood stands out most his appearance,, though he does have Japanese and African-American traits.

Costume
: Pigment green with various shades of black. Wears protective tights that he made using his powers. The torso, front of the legs and arms are all green, while the palms, forearms and back of the legs are black. Soles are built into the costume so he doesn't have to wear shoes. On the chest is a large black star, as for the mask, he wears a full-face green mask with two large vertical ovals that stretch to the side sort of on the front to represent his eyes.

Alliance:
Heroes

City of Operations:
San Francisco

Powers/Abilities:
Energy Construction-Ability to create complex shapes (such as giant boxing gloves or cages) or even functional machinery (such as fire extinguishers or laser rifles) out of solid energy. Accelerated Healing- (Has to heal manually, can choose to heal others as well)
Energy Conversion- Ability to absorb one form of energy and convert it into another form of energy. (Uses this to temporarily boost things like physical strength, endurance, agility etc. Can choose to boost to others as well) Though he can use the conversion for other things also.

Weaknesses:
Normal human weaknesses for the most part. Alphonse has to consciously think in order to create an object(s), heal or convert energy. When fighting he has to stay focused.

Weapon(s):
Creativity;Imagination;Knowledge;Willpower

Personality:
Alphonse treats others the way he himself wants to be treated. He always puts forth his best effort no matter the situation. Always willing to help others, many mistake him for a pushover. However, Alphonse is just the opposite of a pushover. He doesn't help others because he feels pressured to do the right thing, he helps others because it is what he wants to do. Alphonse strongly believes that anything can be achieved through willpower and belief. He has high energy levels due to regular exercise, natural athleticism and his stouthearted nature. Likes to spend his spare time drawing and has a mind full of creative and inventive ideas. Alphonse tends to make friends and enemies easily.

Biography:
Adopted at the age of 4, Alphonse lived a normal life. Forever the optimist, not even the events of E-Day were able to get him down. The only member of his family caught in the explosion, Alphonse got quite lucky in that regard. As a child he was always creating things or drawing something. As he grew his creative skills strengthened and he began drawing all sorts of things, including comic books and even various inventions.

Born headstrong and brave of heart, Al has been helping people out ever since he learned to walk. Not one for ideals such as justice, Alphonse believes in doing what is right. Believing that there is good inside of everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Name: Alex Nile

Alias: Predasuar

Nationality/Ethnicity: White-Native American.

Appearance:

DarkBoywithaFireButterfly11.jpg

As his human appearance but his other side gives him a dark gray body armored suit covering every inch of his body. The armor has metallic piece’s hanging off of it but it also looks organic flesh from Alex’s own skin and body. It’s hard to describe but it’s like looking at a living, breathing, alien armor suit that’s capable of moving and walking on its own. The armor covers up Alex’s face in a way that would make him look like a bad guy from one of the Power Ranger series.

City of Operations: Detroit, Michigan

Powers/Abilities:

Alex is a split personality between himself and an alternate being that gives him a strange power making him capable of being strong, fast, and agile. Alex’s other formative abilities and powers include him being metallic armored being to change his appearance giving him camouflage to blend in or change his outfit.

He extends tendrils from his own armored suit that allows him to ensnare or bind a foe up. The suit has also given him regeneration abilities making him somewhat impossible to kill him now that he and his suit are tied together. The suit will react like a safety device to protect him from any form of harm that comes across him. Example, if you shoot him in the head while he’s in this suit he’ll just regenerate the damage done.

He’s obtained razor sharp metal claws that he can use to rip through sheets of metal except for titanium and help him cling and climb on any surface. His metallic suit hasn’t only giving him sharp metal claws but he can generate a sharp blade from his left arm and a shield from his right arm giving him the chance to defend and offend.

His suit has made him to generate spikes and use them as projectiles. The spikes are about as hard as diamonds and can pierce through the strongest of metals. They aren’t accurate on hitting their target in a one shot so it’s possible to dodge them if by chance.

Other than making him a super human but it increased his rage, his fury, his lust, and made him able to consume the innocence. He does this because the suit needs to feed off anything or he will perish from the suit itself.

Weaknesses:

His suit does have a few weaknesses’ that may become a minor flaw Alex. His suit is a bit fragile from ultra sound vibrations; it just drives it nuts and hurts the suit. It’s affected by electricity but it only stuns the suit making Alex incapable of moving himself but he will be able to draw back his suit and make himself venerable so he’ll be able to move and wait for his suit to come to its senses and form around him again.

Weapon(s): His own biological weapons that are produced from his armored suit. Such as his razor sharp blade, his claws, his spike projectiles, and his tendril whips.

Personality:

Alex himself is a nice, considerate guy without his alternate self going around controlling him and pulling strings. But thanks to the suit he now has, it’s becoming hard for him to control his dark emotions such as his rage, his fury, and his temper making him seem like a jerk when he doesn’t mean to be. Alex’s not the one to become a villain but he’s not really sure if he’s considered to be a hero material thanks to his aggressive suit. Predasuar, his suit is bit of loose cannon and seems to take control over Alex’s body. But it doesn’t like the sound of vibrations such as metal pipes clanging against each other and it will just drive him crazy. Predasuar just loves creating havoc and using Alex’s body is a good way of causing some havoc. The two of them are on opposite ends with each other and don’t get along well yet.

Biography:

Alex is a young student who goes to a university of many mass proportions that will give him any job career. He lives by himself in a one room apartment with a miniature collie named Jessie. He works at a local coffee shop inside a bookstore. Things have been going great for him lately in his days. He has a wonderful girlfriend name Annie, a young senior high school girl with red hair and green eyes. His life couldn’t have gotten any better……until that day came.

The day that came to everyone was E-day. It was only a late afternoon that it happened. The blast had consumed a vast majority of people either killing him or inflecting a strange alteration to them. As in this case, Alex was infected by the nuclear blast very harshly. His skin began to harden and crystallized as hard metal pigments giving him a suit of armor for his body. It was scary from what he became but it wasn’t long until Alex started to like this. The suit was a strange thing to have on hand but he feared that he was gonna look like this forever. He remembered his body the way it was before the blast but as he focused the image of his old body the suit started to shape and verted into his body. As the metal armor went inside him, he looked like his old self. He lately discovered that this suit gave him strange powers that he would have to use wisely.

He was aware of his powers from testing it out every day while he had them. The suit has giving him a sharp metallic claws, a razor sharp blade arm, a large shield, tendril whips, and spike projectiles. It looked like he was in control over his powers, or so he thought he was. But he later found out that his power started to feed off of his own body, breaking down raw material off of his own organs, cells, and flesh. In order for him to stop his power from killing him, he had to kill someone else and feed off of their bodies by absorbing them into his suit. Later his suit began to form a personality of its own and acted like a living being. In short it was like two minds in own body, Alex’s mind and another’s who he calls, Predasuar. The suit made him look like a monster and it was scaring him very much. At first he thought that this power was a gift, but now it only seemed like a curse that will never be lifted. In order for those to avoid him, he had to push them away. He broke up with his girlfriend, he left his family and friends, dropped out of college, and left his hometown to endure a long life of solitude.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 71005

Almost done with my character, would you look at it to make sure that I'm not overreaching in terms of power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perception╘Truth

Deception is Truth, Verity is Lying
Awards
In and out of what is real and what is true
Name: Darren Darcy
Alias: Shade
Nationality/Ethnicity: Irish-American
Appearance: (Full character drawing as well as costume by the weekend)
Alliance: Villains
City of Operations: Chicago
Powers/Abilities:
Shadow Movement- Shade can literally melt into a shadow and move within its confines. He does this by phasing his body into another dimension somewhere outside of ours that is confined by the boundaries of a shadow. If two shadows connect, Shade is able to move between the two.

Shadow Manipulation- Shade can manipulate the shape of a shadow and even animate its movement. This is typically to allow himself greater movement but also as a way to fool attackers.

Shadow Augmentation- Shade's most advanced technique and the most difficult to perform, this basically allows Shade to give physical form to shadow. At this point in his development Shade can only coat other objects in shadow, but eventually he should be able to create entire objects out of it. Shadow as manifested by Shade takes on properties of a metallic object, strong, durable and,when shaped at an edge, extremely sharp. This shadow is dispelled by direct light like the rest of Shade's powers.
Weaknesses: Any sort of natural light (UV, Infrared) that shines directly on where Shade is using his powers disrupts the shadow. If Shade stands in direct light his powers are completely nullified and he even weakens physically.
Weapon(s): Shade carries a tuag with a bronze blade. He tends to bolster the weapon with strings of shadow that help sharpen and increase the durability of the blade.
Personality: Darren is the impulsive, hyperactive and super egotistical younger brother of Edan. The two grew up as the first generation of their family as natural-born Americans. Their father instilled in both of them a great sense of pride in their heritage, though this has had less of an impact on Darren. Darren is the more innocent of the boys and has a much more positive view of the world. He generally trusts people, but also has an issue with knowing right from wrong. He generally believes that if it makes him happy and isn't immediately hurtful to someone, it's not an issue. He also has an anger issue, though not to quite the extent that his brother does.
Biography: Born the second of two boys to a loving immigrant family, Darren always showed promise. He was intelligent, attractive and gifted in variety of other ways. He loved his older brother and the two were the best of friends until the death of their mother when Darren was 5. Then, as Edan took on more responsibility, the brothers became slightly more estranged. By the time Edan had dropped out of high school when Darren was 12, he began to resent his older brother and his parental attitude towards him. However, Edan's choice allowed Darren to benefit from a fairly normal high school career, in fact becoming quite popular and well liked.While not top of his class, Darren was able to graduate with honors, get into Northwestern College and have a fairly attractive girlfriend with which he had a wonderful relationship with.

Darren had graduated his senior year in June, just before E-Day. Edan and his brother decided to spend a day downtown together after having done nothing so far that summer. The two had been making their way through Lincoln Park when the explosion sent out a blast that sent Edan and Darren flying. Edan suffered second-degree burns over most of the front of his body while Darren had suffered a good deal of radiation poisoning. Both boys spent a week in the hospital, though Edan remained about a week longer than his brother. The week Darren was home he discovered the first use of his powers, to hide in shadow. He decided to keep it a secret until he could control it better. After that two-week period Edan went home to find his brother leaving for Northwestern the next day. The two had a fond fairwell and Darren moved out to college.

At Northwestern Darren began to play with his powers much more. Sneaking around town, spying on people, playing practical jokes and several other activities became much of Darren's free time. Eventually he began to play with the idea of robbing a bank, just to see if he could do it. He managed to pull it off, but instead of putting all the money back like he planned the demon of greed crept into his mind and he kept several thousand dollars as his own "souvenir" he liked to call it. Darren continued to pull off other crimes, most of them shop-lifting or other petty theiveries, though he did leave an modus operandi of a shadowy hand on whatever shelf was taken from. Thus he gained the name "Shade" from the few security cameras that caught him at all. During this time Darren visited his brother in Chicago. There the two got into an argument over how their powers should be used and Darren left angry with his brother. Darren has spent the remaining few months screwing around at college and hanging out with his girlfriend.
~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Edan Darcy
Alias: Aodh
Nationality/Ethnicity: Irish-American
Appearance: (Will do a full character picture as well as costume)
Powers/Abilities:
Flame Control- Aodh has the ability to control all types of fire. He can increase its size, move it with his mind and control its basic properties (ie: temperature, composition, fuel consumption rate, etc.)

Flame/Heat Proof- Aodh is completely resistant to any sort of heat damage or other physical ailments caused by fire and heat.

Spontaneous Combustion- Aodh can create flame from any point on his body. This can range from a lighter-sized flame on his thumb to a massive explosion spreading out from his whole body. This power increases with anger and other strong emotional responses. It is controlable in only small flames, anything larger than a fireball is out of Aodh's conscious reach. Aodh creates explosions if angered excessively.
Weaknesses: Cold temperatures cause his powers to create more of a strain on his body. Spontaneous Combustion is an emotional response, not a controlable power. His powers are dependent entirely on the oxygen in the air around him, no oxygen=no fire.
Weapon(s): Carries his grandfather's shillelagh that he has fire-proofed.
Personality: Edan is the antithesis to his brother. Grounded, responsible, logical and a massive cynic. He has a massive sense of pride in his heritage, reflected in his chosen alias as well as his choice of costume and weapon. This heritage comes with a great sense of honor, personal pride and a burning anger that runs deep in the veins. For the most part Edan is a realist and refuses to trust people, even his own brother. Edan also tries to keep his emotions constantly in check, even before the development of his powers. He has what his father called the "fuil as cogadh" or "blood of war", a condition that, when angered, causes Edan to change into a state of semi-conscious where all he does is lash out violently at whatever is nearby. Edan is also stereotypically fond of alcohol, most likely because it numbs his emotions.
Biography: The elder of the Darcy brothers, Edan was the first child of his family to be born on American soil and be raised away from the isle of Eire. Edan was a quiet baby, stoic to the point where his parents thought there was something genuinely wrong with him. However, the boy's disposition faded very quickly and he became a loud, hyperactive and playful toddler. Edan enjoyed the devoted attention of his parents and especially his father, who loved his son more than anything else in the world. At the age of three Edan was introduced to the person that he would create the strongest bond with, besides perhaps the many dogs he has adopted, his younger brother Darren. The two became inseperable from the moment they met. Edan was fiercely protective of his sibling to the point that when Darren got in trouble Edan would demand that he be punished as well as or in lieu of his brother. The brothers grew up with little, their father working a low-paying job and their mother staying home to take care of them.

Sadly, when Edan was 7 his mother suddenly became very ill. She had developed terminal cancer in her lungs. The news was devastating for the boys. She lasted little more than a year, but eventually she succumbed to the illness. Edan was unbearably sad for a few months, but eventually the wound in his heart scarred over and he was able to continue his life. Even his father was eventually able to go back to work, albeit he did come home after work much later and much drunker. Edan took on the responsibility of raising Darren even though at the time he was only 8. The two were able to make school work for them until Edan was a sophomore in high school. However, he decided to drop out to allow his brother and father a more comfortable living. Edan worked a day job as a fast-food worker and spent the evenings as a busboy in his uncle's bar. Throughout his brother's whole high school career Edan worked hard and continued to help raise his brother. Eventually, at the age of 18, Edan began working full time at his uncle's bar and was able to be home for the last 3 years of his brother's high school days.

Darren had graduated his senior year in June, just before E-Day. Edan and his brother decided to spend a day downtown together after having done nothing so far that summer. The two had been making their way through Lincoln Park when the explosion sent out a blast that sent Edan and Darren flying. Edan suffered second-degree burns over most of the front of his body while Darren had suffered a good deal of radiation poisoning. Both boys spent a week in the hospital, though Edan remained about a week longer than his brother. After that two-week period Edan went home to find his brother leaving for Northwestern the next day. The two had a fond fairwell and then Edan continued with his daily job.

Within three days of his brother leaving Edan suddenly discovered his powers while playing with a couple of flambé style drinks. He joking tried to move the flames with his mind and when they started to respond he, in most cases, stupidly reached out to make sure that what was happening was real. When the fires didn't burn him he realized that the explosion had changed him. For about a month Edan continued to experiment with his powers, typically trying to move flames from one room to another, levitate them, create arcs of flame, walk through fire, etc. His brother came to visit in about September and the two were able to have their first real conversation since "E-Day." Darren revealed his powers to his brother and Edan showed Darren what he could do. However the two got into an argument and Edan's third power showed itself when he set most of the room on fire. That's when Edan realized the true danger of his powers. This was also when Edan decided he needed to keep an eye on his brother and his less than reputable activities. Edan bought a small flat in downtown Chicago and began to train to become a part of the Chicago Police Department. His test is coming up in January. During this time Edan has also made a very heroic appearences as the mutant "Aodh", an Irish name for a god of the sun. He has only rescued a few people from a burning building and dealt with a gunman near the bar where he works.

Last edited:

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
[W.I.P]

Name: Bryce Tavar
Alias: Endeavor
Nationality/Ethnicity:

Appearance: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/187/f/9/The_Boy_Is_Mine_by_siphofoto.jpg

Costume: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/031/a/2/Emperor_Vulcan_Gabriel_Summers_by_wildbuddha.png (No x man symbol on the chest but, an E instead)

City of Operations: St. Louis, Missouri

Powers/Abilities: Being a psionic, Bryce is of a high level for he has been training with his powers ever since they were awakened.

Telepathy - Bryce is a moderate level telepath who is able to read minds. His ability to read minds is strong enough that he can read an individual mind within a group of people and block out high level mind intrusion. He is also able to mentally breakdown any language and learn it in the matter of seconds and influence people's minds by placing ideas or memories within a person's mind. He can also erect powerful telepathic shields around him or others, induce mental pain merely by touching the brow of his victim, and erase a person’s memories and to heal mental trauma through “psychic surgery,” the power to stimulate or deaden the pain and pleasure centers in a persons brain.

Telekinesis - Telekinetically, Bryce is capable of very fine control over objects; he can disassemble complex devices explosively (separating every last component, such as screws, nuts, circuit boards, etc.), and just as quickly and easily assemble complex devices. This also has enabled him to even attain awareness and control over objects as small as individual electrons in an atom but, on larger levels Bryce can levitate weights up to 900 lbs. He also has the ability to create protective force shields that could detect some of the most powerful of attacks (even filter bacteria from the air). Bryce has also displayed such control over the fields as to shape them precisely, even to conform very closely to his body’s form. There does not appear to be any correlation between field strength and the thickness of the telekinetic fields. Bryce can project his telekinetic energies as powerful blast beams directed from his brain that could apparently affect matter with concussive force and create destructive psionic spikes that destroy the physical objects that the spikes come into contact with.

Weaknesses: To be so strong at his current age, Bryce is powers are unpredictable and his emotions tend to cause them to go out of whack sometimes. He is also physically weak meaning anyone that can get close or has hand to hand skills, can take him out with ease.

Weapon(s): Bryce's mind is his weapon and it is probably the most deadly weapon ever to exist.

Personality: Bryce is confident, but without being cocky. He never second-guesses himself, and makes it a priority to be informed and to be right. He seems to have a sadistic sense of humor at times. He can be just as manipulative as the next person. He's always cool and calm, making it almost impossible to put pressure on him, in or out of battle. It also seems like he's always one step ahead...

Biography: [A few paragraphs. 2 at the least]

Last edited:

Crimson Jazz

Okay, sorry for the delay everyone. Every character up to this point is excepted, with the exception of the unfinished ones and IceBlueWings. Power Augmentation doesn't really go with the other powers you selected. And Shinra X-2, your powers make no sense being together. Dark energy, flight, and shapeshifting? Plus, your biography doesn't really fit with the RP's storyline. Same goes for you, Xeon. Every superhuman in this story gains his/her powers from E-Day.

Here's my first character. Might have a second and third one.

Name: Robert Vincent "Bobby" Sloan

Alias: Power Man, also has the moniker of “The Hero in Yellow Spandex”

Nationality/Ethnicity: African-American

Appearance:

-as a civilian: Bobby stands at six feet, three inches tall, with black, buzz cut hair. His eyes are hazel brown, and they tend to get him major compliments from women. His skin is black yet rugged for his age. Bobby wears an assortment of different clothes, never sticking to one true style. Bobby also wears full-frame glasses. Since E-Day, he has gained a larger athletic build.

-as Power Man: When performing his hero duties as Power Man, Bobby dons a yellow spandex suit with black gloves and boots. The symbol in the middle of the suit is a slanted “P” standing for Power Man. He removes his glasses and wears a yellow mask similar in design to that of Static Shock‘s, one of his favorite comic book superheroes. When his mask is somehow unavailable to him, he wears a pair of sunglasses that shield his eyes from the common civilian.

Alliance: Heroes

Powers/Abilities:

-superhuman strength: Bobby has the ability to have a level of physical strength much higher than that of an average human being, and even a body builder. Though he cannot necessarily lift the Burj Khalifa from out of it’s place, he can throw a punch that could send someone of lesser strength flying several feet past him.

-superhuman durability: Bobby has the ability to have a higher resistance to one or more forms of damage before being injured. For example, when facing a villain that also has superhuman strength, he is able to resist a punch or kick from the villain. However, although he MAY be able to survive a single bullet shot, a barrage of bullets would definitely overwhelm him.

-superhuman reflexes: Bobby has the ability to react faster than a normal human being, although a surprise attack from behind his back could easily dodge this ability.

Weaknesses:

-his personality: Bobby’s heart of gold can definitely be used against Bobby by his enemies, therefore making it a weakness. Although, none of his enemies have used it against him as of yet.

Weapon(s): Currently, Bobby has no weapons in his arsenal. He HAS looked into using a sword in combat, though.

Personality: Bobby is a hero with a heart of gold. He takes his heroism seriously, and is willing to sacrifice his life for anything, whether it be friends, family, innocent civilians, and, in some cases, his enemies. Though sometimes, Bobby may be a little in over his head. To those who know his secret, he often gloats about being a superhuman. He also tends to toy with the enemies he faces in battle, a quality that many of his enemies hate about him.

Biography: Robert Sloan was born on May 19, 1987 to Raymond and Sydney Sloan, in Chicago, Illinois. He has been raised on the city’s South Side his entire life. His father Raymond is the founder, chairman, President & CEO of Sloan Technologies, a company dedicated to fueling the future of the world’s technology (hence the name). His mother, deciding that both of their careers would barely give them time to raise Robert, retired from her teaching job and became a house wife. He actually sees his father a lot, despite the work of the company.

When Bobby was 18 years old, tragedy struck him and his father. His mother died in a bank robbery that took place one day before her July 10th birthday. Despite their rebuttals, this has left huge emotional scars on both Raymond and Bobby. Bobby is thankful that his mother was at least about to see him graduate from high school. This aftermath of this tragic event inadvertedly began to tear Bobby and his father apart. Raymond became swamped with work, and Bobby focused on his college future.

Tragedy further struck the family on July 29th, 2010 at 2:15 PM Central Time.

While on hanging out with his best friend Jimmy and his girlfriend Kortnie in Chicago’s Lincoln Park, an explosion ravaged the park, killing hundreds. Thankfully, Bobby, Jimmy, and Kortnie were the lucky thousands to survive the explosion, though Kortnie was left with a fractured arm, and many bruises and cuts that eventually healed. And, thankfully for Raymond, he did not lose the second person who meant the most to him throughout the entire life. It was a miracle that the three of them survived.

But what happened in the next week for Bobby would prove to be an even bigger miracle.

The week after the traumatic event, now dub ‘E-Day’ by the government, Bobby discovered that he had superhuman powers. Specifically, he noticed that his strength, reflexes, and durability had quadrupled. After several self-lessons to control his powers, Bobby decided to use them for the greater good and not allow events like his mother’s death to happen to innocent people anymore. It was then that he became “Power Man”, a symbol for justice and peace. He often collaborates with his best friend Jimmy, who also discovered that he had superhuman abilities.

He has earned the respect of some of Chicago’s citizens, and hopes to one day expand his heroic acts to other cities.

One thing Bobby cannot get out of his mind, is the major coincidence of the explosion. The explosion did not take place in just Chicago, but also in Los Angeles and New York. And at the exact same time (11:15 AM PST, and 3:15 PM EST). Is this a conspiracy created by the government to create a superhero force to combat terrorism? Or did these events not include the government, and was created by a mad man to see the world be destroyed by heroes and villains? Only time can tell.

Bobby is in his final year at Columbia College Chicago, hoping to gain a degree in film so he can live his dream as a film director. Although, he has said that he would have no qualms of setting that dream aside and taking over his father’s company, should the opportunity rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back