• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Heroes & Villains: Destiny

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
In the streets a manhole cover lifted up and Tidepool crawled out of the hole with slime and goo from the sewers, smeared all over his costume. After he crawled out, he placed the manhole cover back to close the entrance of the sewers.

"Ugh, I hate using the sewer system. I was come out smelling like sewage. Plus these stains barely come out of my costume." Tidepool said to himself as he blasted water on parts there were sewage on him.

"Now, there is a killer on the loose and I need to stop him/her soon. Just need to find this person. Question is.....how?" Tidepool said to himself again. He walked down the streets to see if he could find any leads to this mystery killer.

Meanwhile the hooded man finished off his last kill and chuckled to himself.

"Well now that was satisfying. But overall really boring. If only I found this Tidepool guy I might be able to get some excitement in a fight." the hooded man said to himself. His body sank into the ground to create a shadow puddle that moved acrossed the surface of the roads and the walls to travel to his next destination.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"There is absolutely nothing a mani-pedi can't solve." Asuka beamed as she stepped out of the salon, finally getting in a good mood. Things were looking up for her, if only so briefly; after rummaging in her bag, she pulled out an old newspaper article, with the title, "MISTER HERE-AND-THERE STRIKES AGAIN" clearly written and bolded on top, along with a detailed article following it. It had stated that he was undergoing numerous robberies--thing about it was, it was multiple at the same time. At first, she was flabbergasted. Since when was robbing multiple banks at the same time a super power? After her first encounter with him, however, it turns out he could multiply himself. It was super annoying. Catch a fake, he just dissapears. What she needed to do was catch the real deal.

Easier said than done.

After clucking her tongue, Asuka stowed away the article, a ring of a bell catching her attention. She looked over to see the store of a deli close, with one guy standing at the door, looking around curiously. Raising an eyebrow, Asuka crossed the street and made it so she was headed for the deli. As her hand reached out to pull the door open, the man caught her wrist, giving a small smile.

"Sorry Miss, there's an inspector in there at the moment." He winked, releasing her.

Since when do they close stores for inspectors? "I'd just really like a gallon of milk. My baby sister really needs it." She pleaded, sticking her lower lip out a bit. "Oh, if I can't go in, could you go and get it?" She asked innocently.

The man looked slightly conflicted, looking between the door and Asuka. However, after Asuka offered a twenty (telling him to keep the change), he reluctantly accepted it, pulling open the door. Asuka stuck her foot in just before it closed, and took a peek inside. If a bunch of guys weren't suspicious, this certainly did. Triplets were inside, one holding a gun, the other trying to open a safe, the third being the one she met outside.

"And tell me why you're getting a gallon of milk?" The one holding the gun asked, clearly annoyed.

"The girl needs it for her sister. B'sides, she gave a tip." He waved the twenty she had given him.

"Alright, fine, but hurry up, we need to get the money and leave."

Of course. Asuka rolled her eyes, taking a quick look around her. She ducked into the alleyway next to the deli, and once she was out of sight, a bright flash enveloped her, and then she was Baria. Rushing to the back, she circled the building to the back door. Curiously enough, it was open. Getting on all fours, Baria crawled in quietly, noting that she was in the storage room. When the door opened, she hid behind a box, footsteps clearly heard.

"I can't believe she left! Think she suspected something?" A voice asked.

"I swear, if the cops come, you're dead." Another grumbled, shuffling around. "Man, what are we looking for again?"

"A key."

"A key. And we can't just break it open because...?"

"Because it has an alarm you dope! Just help me find it..."

A key. Asuka sat on her legs, and peered over the box. The two had their back to her, and as she ducked back down, she spotted a rusty, old key taped to the back of the box. Ohhh...now what? She pondered, peeking over to see where they went. To her surprise, they were gone. Where'd they go? Alarmed, Asuka scrambled to her feet, looking around. They had dissapeared! Maybe they had gone back to the front of the store? She had gotten up too soon--she froze as one entered the storage room again. The two stared at each other for a moment, and as he opened his mouth, Asuka sent a barrier at him, slamming him against the wall. One down, two to go.

"What was that?" A voice asked.

Ugh, so much for stealth.

Asuka ran towards the door as one entered, bringing up a barrier as he went to hit her. His hand bounced off the barrier, leaving him bewildered, and she pushed the barrier against him, holding him up against the wall.

"What the--?! HEY! WE GOT TROUBLE!" The guy yelled.

"Damn it, you're a big mouth!" Baria said as the other guy came in, followed by another. "And of course there were more I didn't see..."

The one with the gun raised his weapon, and Baria jumped back, away from the guy on the wall, and brought up a barrier as he shot multiple times. The bullets stopped at the barrier, and she let it dissapear, letting the bullets fall to the ground. She conjured another one, a smaller, thinner one, and slashed at the two, managing to whack the gun out of his hand and send the other to the floor.

"Forget this, we have the money, run!" The guy barked, bolting out the door.

"Ah, no!" Baria ran forward, bringing up a barrier to block them from leaving, only to get grabbed by the ankle. She tripped, falling to the ground as she was dragged back, the barrier dissapearing. "Let--me--go!" She cried, kicking the one who had grabbed her. She bit her lip, trying to wrestle out of his grip, cursing herself for not being granted super strength.

"Aw, not very strong, eh?" He cooed as he held her wrists, and she glared at him. She looked back to see the rest had high-tailed it, and he suddenly threw her against the wall, making a run for it.

Damn it...!Asuka slinked down to the floor, covering her head as some boxes fell on her. Pushing herself off the floor, Asuka quickly gave chase, bringing up a vertical barrier and jumping on it, soaring after the guy. Boy, did she need to pratice stealth...

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Out of a bank job and into some other crime. The only difference, this second one features a small girl running after a group of people before getting sent into the air. For a split second Eric thinks about letting the girl handle things on her own, but then he sees one of the countless cabs. Eric smiles as he starts to mentally list all of the good things about the vehicles before landing on his favorite. He puts his right hand on an abandoned car and feels the metal being absorbed through his skin. He smiles at the increase in adrenaline and looks to the fleeing men just as the get near him. He thinks things over carefully to get his timing down and prepares for an attack.

If a person was to say that they saw a flying car that day, they would not be far from the truth. The yellow car was actually quite easy to punch and send flying. The only things different between then and now is the fact that it now has a monster dent in the side and a bright red stain covering the side opposite of Eric. Eric looks to where one of the guys was hit with the car only to notice that the man is still alive, but just barely. Eric finally looks to the others running, having stopped briefly to see the one guy getting slammed with a car going sideways, and looks for his next weapon. Target sighted.

He grips the manhole cover tightly and pulls it free from the street. He puts his mind into that of his childhood while playing with his sister and pretends that the iron is just a plastic frisbee. Once the image is cemented into his mind he flings to heavy metal with all of his might and smiles. The only thing alerting anyone to the approach of the metal is the whirling sound almost instantly followed by the sharp ping of metal striking metal. This time the weapon was not meant to hit the person, but rather scare them into stopping. Now Eric is ready for anything that the guys might throw at him. In fact, he feels like he can even take on the girl giving chase.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
The chase continues even into the Downtown area. The two costumed menaces blaze past the John Hancock building and into downtown.

The fire continues to spread as Zane jumps over car after car, getting ever closer to his target.

Solarius turns right, as Zane jumps over another car hurled towards him due to the force of Solarius's flight.

"There is only one way i'm going to settle this..."

Zane pulls up the right sleeve of his costume as wires and machinery whir inside the arm.

Zane presses one of the gears down as his arm begins to morph.

The wires begin to contort and combine together, eventually transforming into the shape of a cylindrical gun.

As Zane jumps over yet another car, he aims the weapon, and fires.

Blue-ish energy flies through another flung car, past the backlash of Solarius's flames, and hits the fugitive true.

The fire begins to die down as Solarius falls down to the ground.

WHAM!

The impact of his fall creates the smallest of craters in the street as people run for their lives.

Zane stops right in front of Solarius as the flames around him finally die down.

Solarius turns out to be no older than 22, with red hair and a yellow T-Shirt.

He has a Latino complexion, while his heart rate (according to Zane's sensors) was dangerously high.

"His powers harm him as much as they harm others?" Zane thinks to himself.

Solarius gets up slowly, balancing himself to an upright position.

The boy looks at Zane with an intense tared, as if Zane had just killed his family or something.

"Yo, why you spoiling my fun, 'ese?" The boy asks.

"Oh, great...Another Gangster-wannabe." Zane thinks to himself as he stars Solarius down. "Not like we don't have a ton of these in Presence already..."

"Your under arrest for Mass murder......Mass Arson, Rape, Disturbing the Peace....."

Zane aims his arm cannon directly at Solarius.

".....And wasting my time." Zane says, narrowing his cybernetic eyes.

"F**k you!" Solarius says as his body turns into a massive flame again, blinding Zane's sight.

A second later, Solarius is now hovering over Zane again.

"I ain't goin' to no jail!" Solarius says.

Solarius aims his arm at the nearest building.....which just happened to be The Goodman Theatre.

Streams of flame begin to tear away at the building as black smoke begins to fester, the flames spreading alla cross the structure.

"It's them or me, 'ese!" Solarius yells.

Zane didn't care about the people inside.

There were plenty of Humans. They could just crap more of them out.

Solarius was the danger. Get rid of him, and all of this ends.

Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet.

"I choose you, you Human Torch wannabe!"

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Skidding to a halt, Baria leapt off the barrier as it vanished, placing her hands on her hips. Awesome, almost killing the guy. She wandered over to the guy, inspecting him. Out of sheer luck (so she thought), this one was the real deal. Soon enough, people had gathered, some calling police, others whispering to themselves about the guy who had chucked a car.

Speaking of which...

"Why in the WORLD would you go throwing cars everywhere, may I ask?" Baria crossed her arms, clearly both displeased and irritated. "You could've killed him, or worse, hurt an innocent bystander."

It was incredible, the amount of carelessness some people had. For the love of all that is holy, he freakin' THREW a CAR! What if someone was in it? What if he ended up hitting someone? And then he chucked a damn pot-hole-thingy-cover! At random! It was incredible, but not in the good way. She admitted that she was just the teensiest, insiest bit jealous; how she longed to be able to be super strong, to kick her way out of people's grips, to punch holes through walls, to be like Superman--but NOOO, the power goes to some guy who doesn't even watch what he throws, let alone care about his actions at all!

Unbelievable.

"You should be more careful, kid." She stated, uncrossing her arms. It was sort of a stupid thing to say; he looked older than she was. To top it off, she was still a kid too (kinda). However, she stuck by her words, as she was mature and he was...not?

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Back at base, nothing was different. Capser sat in his chair watching the television set with scattered cans of creme soda scattered around the floor. The only real difference was that the Striker's suit was tossed lazily on the sofa. The TV itself was showing the local news and images of himself stopping the roof of a building from falling on a large group of people. The news anchor's voice rode over whatever sound was supposed to be playing.
"People have speculated that the whole incident was purposely started by this Star Striker himself in order to boast his own public image, however no evidence has been presented. We now go live to Sally on the street to hear what people had to say..."

There was a knock at the door which Casper ignored. Not because he was being a total jerk to whoever was there, but because he had fallen asleep. The person on the other end of the door opened the door by him or herself and walked into the room.
"Jesus, do you ever clean up?" Said a female voice. The owner of the voice went on to sit on the armrest of the chair Casper was sitting on and clapped her hands once next to his ear which made him jump out of his chair, then fall. "You're always fun to wake up." The female said.
"Dammit Alice, can't a guy just sleep for an afternoon without having to worry about rabid women entering his house?" It took him a second to realize that that sounded much more fun then he made it out to seem.
"What's with the suit?" She asked, pointing to the forgotten Striker suit. He shrugged at her. He didn't plan to wear it again, so what was the harm?
"I'm the owner of it. Or rather, it was almost the owner of me. I'm the Star Striker." He hoped that that sounded as deep as he wanted it to. Alice didn't say anything. Instead she moved over to the suit and picked it up.
"What's this made of? Rubber?"
"I tried different material for it. Rubber was on the list to help with electricity and stuff, but it made a funny sound everytime I walked so I just stashed that in a closet and remade the suit. Doesn't matter though, I'm done as the Striker." To this, the response was his suit thrown at his face.
"Why are you doing that? You can do stuff people wish they could do! What, are you bored of FLYING already or something?"
"Watch the news." Casper told her with a small smile. The TV showed the same man who accused Striker of causing the fire.

"See? What's the point of helping people of they don't want the person saving them to get near them."
"What, are you an idiot? Have you read any actual comics? Batman for god's sake? People hated him but he kept going anyway. Why should that stop you?"
"Because Batman was a fictional character with an iron will and thousands of dollars and an idiot crew of scientists to create whatever he needed to fight crime while the most I've got is like a few hundreds and the experience that a high school's engineering class has to offer?"
"You need to stop over thinking this. You've been doing fine with what you have so far."
"Yeah, but--"
"No! Shush. Put on your weird suit and take me for an afternoon fly!"
Frick, you'd think she'd be at least a little shocked about me being the Striker... Casper thought to himself.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Who the hell is this crazy kid?! Eric looks to the girl the he now realizes is really short as she begins to go on and on about how he could have killed someone. So? If it means stopping a criminal, death is something you should be friendly with. Still, he keeps a polite stand and listens to the girl continue to rant before she calls him a kid. This throws the young man off balance a bit and almost sends him into a fit of laughter at how she thinks she can get away with that. Still, just to piss the girl off, he rubs her head a little before sending the metal into the concrete, creating a bit of a puddle of bright yellow metal.

"I'm not sure who you are, but since I've never seen you on the news, you must be new here. Around here, being careful means the loss of innocent lives. Keep that in mind, missy."

He smiles as he begins to walk away but then stops the instant that he hears the sound of sirens quickly approaching. He makes an annoyed sound and looks for an escape route, but doesn't see one due to the fact that they are currently surrounded by the crowd. He sighs to himself as he thinks how there was no life in danger with this one so chances are the cops will not overlook his disregard for public safety. Still, there is one possible means to escape from this situation, but the only means he can think of is currently upset with him.

"Hey, can you use that little air walk thing to get us out of here? The cops and I have never really been on good terms. And something tells me that they won't really like the idea of me appearing to team up with someone else. Help me out here and I promise to do anything you want."

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"I'm not sure who you are, but since I've never seen you on the news, you must be new here. Around here, being careful means the loss of innocent lives. Keep that in mind, missy."

So all of a sudden you needed to be popular to be a hero? Baria had plenty of experience; just not in New York... She pouted, crossing her arms as she turned away. The nerve of some people. Sure, she could use...some pointers, but still! She was no newbie. And being careful does NOT mean harming anyone! It's the total opposite! As she fumed, the sound of sirens popped up, making her sigh. She wasn't too interested in dealing with the police today; after all, since she wasn't known, she'd probably get interrogated or something...

Bringing up a barrier to ride, Baria was just about to make her exit when an all-too familiar voice was heard again, though this time was slightly different.

"Hey, can you use that little air walk thing to get us out of here? The cops and I have never really been on good terms. And something tells me that they won't really like the idea of me appearing to team up with someone else. Help me out here and I promise to do anything you want."

Of course the police wouldn't be on good terms with him--he practically destroyed the city! But for once, Baria bit her tongue, deciding to wager on that deal. "It's a barrier." She explained as she stepped on, patting the area next to hers. "Just turned sideways."

Pushing some of her hair out of her eyes, she gave a small sigh. "Just...promise you'll actually be careful. The dictionary definition, not yours. Someone innocent could get hurt...or worse..." She trailed off, lifting the barrier up with the two of them. They sailed over the crowd, managing to get out of the public eye just as the police arrived, and they rode away. Oh, maybe he wants to go home. She suddenly thought, looking back at him.

"Er...where to, Mac?" She joked, giving a laugh to break the silence.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
"It's Eric, actually. Eric Lorsin. But to be honest, I could stand to stay away from home. It's too empty since everyone is at school or work around there. By the way, I promise to be careful so long as it does not endanger innocent lives." His mind plays the video from this morning as he begins to say, "Like this morning. She would have died if I wasn't reckless."

He smiles to himself at the thought and remembers how he ran into the same girl later at the school. He makes a mental note to apologize to her when he sees her next. His gaze finally shifts to the girl giving him the lift and curiosity starts to attack his brain. He finds himself compelled to learn more about this girl that is only a fraction of his height. He fights against the urge to attack her with questions and instead chooses something else to converse about. She might not be as stuck up as she first lets on.

"Sorry if I seemed like a dick back there. The only other person I know of with powers from around here happens to be that multi-man robbing all of the banks. The local news hasn't seemed to attack you like they have me before so I also guessed that meant that you're not from around here."

He admits, the apology is rather too wordy and bland, sure to drive the girl to sleep. But it's all that he can think of prevent himself from asking her questions like her name and what-not. Still, the urge seems to be overpowering him with every passing second. It builds and builds until finally, he decides to ask the most taboo question amongst heros, granted he always breaks that rule himself.

"What's your name? I don't mean the name that the mass media knows you as."

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Tidepool aka Mike has been running down streets to find this alliaged killer but as he passed by he's been seening more updated news reports from a mysterious killer in town. They just recently found several dead bodies in an alleyway, the reporters said there were no traces of finger prints or any clues that were left from the killer.

"Another killing? What's with this guy killing people?" Tidepool said to himself. "Does this person have a reason why he or she is killing so many people? Or is this person just trying to lure me to a trap?" He obviously knows that this person isn't stealling anything praticular after that person killed someone. The murderer has killed a store clerk at a mini-mart, a few gang members, what was this murderer's motive.

Then another news report came on. Apparently there was a domestic disturbance at a local middle school. And this is when Tidepool became concern and furious at the same time. The school that was under attack, was the same one his little brother and sister are attending at.

"NO! I won't allow this person to kill innocent children. Especially my little brother and sister." Tidepool made a fire hydrant explode and a gush of water rised up. He bend the water to his control and stood on top of it to create a small moving wave. He controled the wave in motion to go in the dirrection of the school.

Meanwhile at Detroit Junior High School there were police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks parked in front of the school while inside a hooded man was standing before a group of middle school kids all cowering in fear. The teachers and facality were all dead on the floor, some with severed limbs or just huge gapping holes in there body that most of their vital organs were located at.

"This should get his attention. There's room for only one killer in this town and I don't want someone who's killing people for the great of good." The man pulled down his hood to reveal a middle aged man with dark rings around his eyes, a black goatie, and a bald scalp with black fiery tattoo designs on his head. "It's just a matter of time."

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"It's Eric, actually. Eric Lorsin. But to be honest, I could stand to stay away from home. It's too empty since everyone is at school or work around there. By the way, I promise to be careful so long as it does not endanger innocent lives...Like this morning. She would have died if I wasn't reckless."

He told me his real name? Baria was, to say the least, surprised. Then again, he didn't seem like the 'traditional' type of superhero. She wasn't too sure how to reply, so she kept quiet, rather looking for a place to land.

"Sorry if I seemed like a dick back there. The only other person I know of with powers from around here happens to be that multi-man robbing all of the banks. The local news hasn't seemed to attack you like they have me before so I also guessed that meant that you're not from around here."

"I'm just visiting New York on my day off." She confessed with a small shrug. Some New Yorkers weren't too fond of people from Jersey--then again, who was? Their reputation kept getting worse and worse the more those stupid reality TV shows kept coming on... "And I prefer working out of the public eye, though I admit that hasn't been too successful."

The two touched down in a small alcove, Baria hopping off, sending the barrier away. Man, I'm beat. Maybe I should head back soon.She thought to herself, rubbing her shoulder. She wasn't exactly injured in any way, but getting thrown against the wall made her back hurt a bit--she wasn't indestructible, you know. Just as she was about to head off, she heard Eric ask something.

"What's your name? I don't mean the name that the mass media knows you as."

"Well, Eric, that's not the kind of question you ask, you know." She winked, shaking her finger playfully. "I'll only tell you 'cause you told me. I'm Baria, though most people know me as Asuka Akiko."

The girl paused for a moment. This was New York--no one would recognize her family name. She was just another kid here. Her identity was safe--right? With a small sigh Baria waved at him, signaling him to stay put. She turned the corner, though was back within a few seconds, having transformed back into her civilian appearance. "What will you do now?" She asked, half-curious to see what the answer was.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
Caleb scowled, "You're really starting to irritate me, girl". She ran at him and Caleb grabbed her by the throat, "You are way out of your league". Caleb dropped her, she'd kicked him in the stomach. Draining the power from a nearby building. Caleb, in a fit of rage, sent arcs of electricity in all directions, killing the man who believed himself to be a hero. The girl threw a rock at Caleb and dashed away. Caleb took out his wallet, "Wonderful", he sighed. His money had burned to ashes by the electricity. Caleb gathered leftover energy and flew off to New York to rob a bank, in an effort to draw attention away from his home. As he stepped inside, he wondered if there were others like the girl, and if they would try to stop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back