• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Heroes of Roleplay Town (brainstorming, RP is up!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I've decided it's a good idea to revive the Shades of Blue project in some form, given the current state of roleplaying - it allows everyone their own space to work with without fear of stepping on anyone's toes in regards to planning, and it enables a good deal of meta-roleplaying that I know some of the more involved people of the section would love. This is the SoB RP rejigged into a grim super hero sort of world, like in Watchmen. You don't have to have a power, it's mostly for those who have 'signature' characters and have low-powered manifestations of their powers.

As a key note, this isn't a roleplay that everyone will be able to join, since that was one of the problems with the original SoB RP: loads of people joined, and many of them we couldn't find any way to include in the active story. At the same time, this will not be a 'veterans-only' roleplay. It's for anyone and everyone who has an established identity in the section, really. Characters would have history, personality, and even abilities reflective of how you go about the roleplaying section, and the recurring traits of your characters.

The purpose of this thread is to help those potentially interested better work out the sort of character and/or powers they might realistically have - after all, this is not a roleplay necessarily about the characters you like to play, but the characters that have become synonymous with you as a roleplayer.

Original signups thread, info for those of you who have no idea what this is.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Re: Shades of Blue: Heroes of Roleplay Town (brainstorming)

Joseph Ordeith -- better known as actor/playwright J. Ordeith -- walks the night streets as an independent informant, under the moniker "Wormwood". Only certain jobs catch his eye, but his skill at intel-gathering is unmatched. He can read personalities with unnatural skill, and has an eerie knack for impressions/impersonations.

Most useful, however, is his ability to instill an "audience" with a sense of belief: Wormwood can convince someone that instead of a banana, he is holding a gun -- or any other object with that rough shape. This magic touch gives some of his roleplaying projects an extra "boost", when they need it...

That's all I have thus far, and it's very rough. For appearances, I'm considering a carved wooden mask, fitted with various wigs/hats for different moods and occasions.

On a completely different note, I'm going to be listening to the 2Cellos cover of "Smooth Criminal" as this RP's unofficial theme song.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

A bizarre virus combined with spontaneous genetic mutation has transformed the neurological capabilities of the vigilante Orion, essentially leading to most of his body functioning as undifferentiated neural tissue while especially boosting the capabilities of his brain and senses. As such, the lucidity and speed of his thought processes is astounding, likewise the precision of his senses, however these superhuman senses tend to leave Orion in a constant state of painful over-stimulation. To mitigate the severity of this state, Orion wears a black mask dotted with millions of microscopic points of light that change position, luminosity and colour based on certain biometrics. The display generally appears as something akin to a nebula.

An unusual recent development of these mutations has been low levels of psychometry manifesting themselves in Orion, enabling him to instantly read and manipulate written and inherent information present in inanimate objects. Though untested, Orion hypothesises that once he becomes familiar with the inner workings of a subject's brain, he will be able to read their minds, perhaps even alter them.

I was going to go with a partially-mechanised and/or electromagnetism-controlling character, but decided this is much more fitting for the setting, and allows for more interesting possibilities.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

For actual mechanics and the world, how about people in "khi" started utilising the rp system to privately partake in under-the-radar 'roleplays' faciliated for purposes outside of entertainment? Creating fictional scientific experiments without the risk of real life accidents damaging them/their progress or without care of acquiring shadier ingredients, sickos using it to fufill their fantasies, mobs training their men in combat. A subculture grew out it in which (and now we're getting really meta here) younger people got interested in using the system to pseudo-rp, not the rping of yore, but nothing really criminal.

This resulted in the current generation where old-school rps are essentially dead and every aspect of reality is connected to a huge virtual over-world, cold-war politics and intrigue surrounding this huge network to the point the government creating sub-units to constantly deal with the rp world but also subtly experimenting it for their own means, whether innocent ones like rps to teach kids the negative impacts of drugs up-close and personal, or integrating systems of economy and other sweet offers that come with self-censorship and hard-work benefiting them.

These heroes could be born out of scientists utilising the rp system to carry out trial experiments as mentioned before safely in the virtual sphere before carrying them out 'irl'

idk maybe i went too far but i just started brainstorming and this is my word vomit

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Something like that fits well with the whole 'world' of meta-roleplaying I had in mind, though given the size of Roleplay Town in relation to the rest of KHI City, something a little downsized would certainly be appropriate.

So far as powers go, given they're tied to actual roleplaying powers, some might have guessed that a glitch in the system (or something to that effect) caused people to adopt the traits of their recurrent characters.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

also what if we made memory master a serial killer in khi city omg

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Hmm, I was interested, but I saw this is only for established role-players in this section.

Maybe next time.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

also since SOBHORPT is a bit of a mouthful, the working title for this project is fifty shades of blue

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

also what if we made memory master a serial killer in khi city omg

make him a serial killer of all things liberal and womanly

because mammary master

Also we must have Lemmings or I will not participate in this at all

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

also since SOBHORPT is a bit of a mouthful, the working title for this project is fifty shades of blue

brb writing that

the original shades story was going to include cults though working into it so maybe that'd be something fun to play with, indoctrination via rps or something exploiting said glitch.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Stories of this man worked their way all across the internet, yet not a single picture or piece of recorded footage ever crept into cyberspace. No one knew what he looked like, and the testimonies were so conflicting and insubstantial that they might as well have been blind. Only one commonality existed within these reports: He always wore a black poncho, with the hood's material shaped in such a way as to resemble a pair of cat ears. For this singular reason, the nerdier corners of the web dubbed him "Nekomimi," which soon spread out into the mainstream.

Nekomimi is a master of invisibility and misdirection. He knows how to slip in and out of crowds, and how to draw as little attention to himself as possible. More importantly, he knows how to attract attention to what's around him, making it even easier for him to go unnoticed. Because of this, he is one of the best couriers in the business, accepting jobs only from those clever enough to know how to contact him. His particular brand of delivery opens up certain other options for his clientele. The most popular of these: Delivering something to an unknowing (or perhaps unwilling) recipient.

I know I'm not exactly a veteran (or even an active member of this section, for that matter), but I wanted to write this up anyway because I thought it'd be fun. Also wanted to put my status as more of a "lurker" to good use here :p

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

this is the post where i say i am interested and contribute tomorrow because i have to go to bed now

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Good night Wehr-kun~

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Honestly though, the more the merrier. I feel like the meta nature of Shades lends itself to getting people involved in this section which is always great. Makes me think of new ways to RP to get more peeps interested. Also makes me feel bad I let the non-RP version of Shades go to waste.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, I'm interested, but right now, sleep calls.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

not the veteraniest of veterans but here i am all tempted and stuff :v

i'll think about this

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

A former Phoenix Rehabilition Clinc guest, the quirky conundrum that is otherwise known as The Professor, called a handful of nicknames by confidants, considers himself a master of his craft. The walls of his solitary confinement abode were covered in scribblings and doodles, posters detailing the latest Role-Plays and Announcements - and pictures of the far outside world (smuggled in with the cunning use of flags) of KHI Metropolis and its surrounding landscape.

Since being released from his sentence, he has taken up room and board in a snug abode near the central part of the
Role-Playing District - essentially a home that is far bigger on the inside than it appears to the outside observer.

The Professor is employed by the
Role-Playing Academy for its Composition Department, though he is not unaccustomed to the politics and internal strife that keeps the Metropolis' underbelly chugging merrily along.

Generally a jovial persona, he is not without cruelty.

The Professor's various skills allow a plethora of mimicries and voices, in particular those of various characters he's portrayed in
KHI Role-Playing Ltd., one of the local production studios. A plain gray trench coat is always worn by him while out from his home, and he eternally carries a black wooden cane, with a spherical, dusty silver head. Both items are whispered to have been found somewhere inside The Professor's residence - that rumored land of congenial madness behind a golden door - many have gone in searching, none have ever returned.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

Chris "Omni" Chaos, a big mover and shaker within the town of Roleplay, is a successful businessman who has made himself a name within the town. A co-founder of The Roleplaying Academy and an active member of the town's doings, Mr. Chaos has become a pivotal member of the town and an active force in its development. He has invested a great deal of money into new projects and businesses and helps new inspiring businessmen upon their feet.

However, Mr. Chaos is known by another name among the underground: the notorious crime lord, the Smiling Man. A man with no morals and no sense of mercy, the Smiling Man is one that commands respect from even the most vile of villains. He, and in turn Mr. Chaos, possesses an especially silver tongue with words that hang heavy upon the ears who hear them. He has used it many times to further his business and crime organization.

Rather rushed and thrown together, but it's in the area I'm aiming for.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com

In the dark corners of Roleplay Town, there are whispers of a movement. Late at night, among the fallen beer mugs in the secluded booths, people speak of what no one dares to say in the light of day. They speak of the strange graffiti being found around the dark alleyways of the Battle District. They whisper about the strange gatherings of people documented in the Canon Section. They murmur the strange name that's been floating among the underworld, somehow reaching the ears of prominent Roleplayers in the Town.

"Realists..."

While nobody seems to hold the entire puzzle, it seems like there is a movement forming. A gathering of Roleplayers that are silently mobilizing under a specific leader. Their rallies are secret, their true motives varied, but they are led by a man with one simple message:

"Roleplay is over. You must throw away the illusion that these are mere figments of our imagination. Embrace the reality of our creative imagination. Let yourself be transformed by your own creative power. Join us in revolution."

This leader is known among the Realists as "Eman." It is unclear where he came from or what his ultimate goal might be. He rarely appears in public, only physically making appearances at the secret Realist rallies in Roleplay Town. His face is covered by a secured black hood and a silver mask that obscures all features besides his eyes, which are a deep dark brown. Much about him is unknown. However, the whispers of his movement seemed to begin around the emergence of strange supernatural abilities among many of the Roleplayers. Coincidence? Possibly. Glitch in the system? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Alright, here's the basic idea I have. In this Alan Moore crazy world where among the slums of a formerly glorious Roleplay Town Roleplayers have started to develop abilities, an underground movement is being built. This movement is built on the idea of committing the full creative power of one's mind to reality instead of Roleplay. This movement starts secretly, with more cult-like aspects, before becoming full on religious fanaticism, which involve terrorist attacks against Roleplay stations, across Roleplay Town, etc. Guess who Eman happens to be? Good ol' Prophet. I decided to work this in so I can explain my absence and return in dramatic fashion, keeping with my usual religious theme. Since this is just brainstorming, I've left much open-ended, but there are some basic ideas to build off of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back