• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Here I Am, Again.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear

Ouranophobic
Lately I've been a bit of a procrastinator. Well, not just a bit. I've actually been a huge procrastinator, and haven't even gotten a good post in because of it. I guess working on my comeback character has taken all of the writing out of me. So, here I am, again, making a challenge. This time however, I'll be using Crane. An old character of mine. I will accept anyone.

The rules are simple - Standard KHI rules + one extra,

If one does not post for three days ( 72 hours ), then they are eliminated, and the last person who posted will be the winner.

Of course, this only applies if this is a 1v1 battle. If there are others, people will be kicked out according to that rule, and after the last person remains, he/she will be the winner.... I don't know why I described that xD you guys get it.

Power Character/Continuum. The setting will be posted with my template, although I will provide a summary.

- Summary of Setting -

A vast world, ruled by four raging nations. The whole southern half of this world, is barren and wasted, and covered either by deteriorating earth or volcanic grounds. The northern half is part lush green land and a giant blue ocean.

Warning : I will decline certain people, such as GM_C. I made this so I could possibly lose. Hopefully Endless Devoid takes this up, but I doubt he will. Lazy Brian...

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
(ED is retired. I, however, shall take your challenge. I won't really use a Template for this battle, since, with the chance of your procastination, I'll use a character with only one attack.)

Bear

Ouranophobic
You want to use a character with only one attack? lol.. You haven't even seen my character yet.

I wont procrastinate. I promise ;]

I accept. However, I do want you to post a template. After you do so ( assuming you still want to fight ), I'll post mine.

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
(There are 2 reasons I don't want to use a Template.

1. It's a waste of time. He only possesses one attack, & you would know all about him in 1 post.

2. I lost his Template, & it would be pointless to rewrite him from memory.

Despite all of this, he is simple to remember, except for his Appearence.)

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
(It's been a year & a half since I used him. I had planned to develop him further, but I never got the opportunity. Besides, what of you, not joining Mits' thread? If you would like to continue with me, do so if you wish?)

Stryfe

(It's been a year & a half since I used him. I had planned to develop him further, but I never got the opportunity. Besides, what of you, not joining Mits' thread? If you would like to continue with me, do so if you wish?)

Why'd you add that in parenthesis? @_@

I'll take a nice spot on the lounge, like Breakdown, though. I'll just...er....monitor from afar.

Bear

Ouranophobic
Sorry for pretty much ignoring this. Well, actually, I kind of just forgot about it. Anyway, as I'm done with my excuses, I introduce my character - ( One of my first, actually. I've made a few minor changes, but he is basically the same as before ).

Name : Crane "Red" Fortig'ule" ( For-tih-G^( yool ) ) - Lost Epitaph - The Red Warrior

Height : 5'11.9''

Weight : 178.43 ( Without Equiptment. )

Home World : Vinahne

Race : Vinahnian.

Personality : Crane.. is the type that would ignore a child asking for help. Even if he/she was dying. He isn't necessarily the cold hearted type. More neutral, and doesn't interfere with the planet's work. However, he is often challenged by many, and must take their lives to continue on. Such is fate, as he would say. Normally, he is quite still, and very quiet. He often sits down to relax, and enjoy his surroundings.

Appearance :
animeredwarrior1dn7.jpg

Weaponary Equiptment :
Save the Devil : ( Blade shown in picture. ) The sword is truly beautiful, but has the demonic feel, and sense. Just it's energy wilts flowers, yet Crane has managed to keep in the.. neutral, catagory. His blade temptates all, and only the powerful are able to weild it. The blade was crafted by the devil himself, and given to the most worthy of warriors to protect him. Ironically, it was used to kill his son instead.

It's powers and abilities seem to be mastered by Crane, however, he does seem to.. lack the ability to use the blade to it's full potential. Perhaps it could be of some other purpose?

The sword is one of two created by the Devil. Crane looks for the second, in order to protect it from the use of evil, or good.

Key of Abyss : This item is located on Crane's left arm. It holds the power to manipulate certain elements, such as fire and darkness, and also regenerates it's user's body. When Crane is wounded, he is often healed within the hour. The key uses matter from it's environment to recreate what was lost. Such as blood, and even limbs. Another effect from this ancient relic, is prolonging Crane's life span. It seems that he only age's half a year, every one hundred.

The key is intertwined with Crane's arm, and maintained by a very strong connection the Key of Abyss itself creates.

The Key of Abyss acts somewhat as a parasite of sorts. It needs it's host to survive, and without a host, it is completely useless. This is why, it will do whatever it can to keep the host alive; by all means necessary.

It also holds the ability to create small portals, allowing easy transportation for Crane. This ability drains close to nothing of Crane's actual energy, especially when used for short distances. However, if the portals are kept open for too long, they will become unstable, expand, and begin to suck up everything before it.

The key was created for the single purpose of ridding any world of it's darkness. However... this ability can only be used every two hundred years. At the moment, it cannot be used for another one hundred, considering Crane had used it on his own world. After this item is used for it's sole purpose, the user is immediately ripped into a portal, and sent across the Omniverse.

Abilities :
Spirit Energy : Crane uses alot of spirit energy, for multiple purposes. Seomtimes it involves something simple, such as creating a ranged strike. Other times, it's something more powerful.

Soul Energy : It's what maintains his connection with the Key of Abyss. On occasion, he uses Soul Energy to perform certain attacks, as he does Spirit Energy.

Matter Manipulation : This is ability is anything but mastered. The Key of Abyss has the ability to manipulate and control matter, but the use is quite unstable, and new to Crane. Overall, Crane hasn't developed much of a power over this ability, so it shouldn't be considered harmful.

Rejuvination : The Key of Abyss also posesses the ability to rejuvinate and heal Crane. Using matter collected from it's environment, it reconstructs whatever was destroyed to virtually heal wounds. It does this automatically, sensing that it's host has been wounded. It will do anything to save him, however, the Key of Abyss does lack the quickness needed for immmediate recovery. Normally, a small scratch or wound takes a few minutes to heal.

Portals : Portal's are used as a weapon as well as a means of transportation. This ability is often used to strike foes from behind, and flank them. It may also be used as a means of dodging attacks.

Biography : The story of the Epitaph. A horrible one, at that, and one that doesn't end in anything relating to happy. It begins, when Crane was born to a loyal Knight, and his lady, in the world called.. Vinahne ( Vih-Nawn ).

Vinahne was.. well, there was only one word to really describe it; Hell. It's once beautiful landscapes were now red, and crusted over with black rock. Hundreds, and thousands of miles went on, only in red oceans and a dark sky. It truly was, a replica of Hell ( Or what you would imagine Hell to be ). This.. Hell.. was home to three raging kingdoms. These kingdoms fought with one another, in hopes of spreading their idea's of parliament, freedom, or authority. Much like Earth, they fought on their planet to become the most powerful.

Krinahd, the kingdom of the devil's child. Surrounded by an ocean of lava, and black rock landscapes, it was often called Hell. It was also believed that Krinahd's armies were undead, and ruled by the devil's son.

Fariel, the kingdom of virtue. This triumphant kingdom blazed with glory, and good. Their motives were for the right, and for their God. They were blessed with a beautiful grassy landscape extending on for one hundred miles.

Finally, there was Ammicrin, the kingdom of destiny. They fought for a legend, and the possibility of a savior from this wicked world. However.. they were not blessed like the other kingdoms. Here, they were surrounded by a sea of sand, and trapped by the seemingly endless desert. Their armies would perish before reaching it's destination, and all seemed to be.. neutral, in a sense.

These three kingdoms fought on for centuries... centuries of gore and bloodshed. Even the woman were sent to battle! It seemed that Vinahne had overcome negotiation with the art of sword's... and all was to be doomed in the very end of the world's days. The kingdom's fought one another, and tried countless attempts to secure their enemy's fortresses.. But to no prevail! Every attack launched by the three were futile, and all seemed to be dampening even more, leading to the foretold end... Untill.. the prophecy's tale had began.

An ancient legend among the three raging kingdom's spoke of a baby being born with the Vinahne insignia on it's back.. and that baby would save the side it was born under.

This baby had been born. A blonde haired child, born to a loyal Knight of Ammicrin, and his lady. All was going to be well! The kingdom was saved! This baby had the insignia, and surely it could not be a prank? Only a fool would do such a thing.. and a Knight was no fool. So, the baby was brought to the king. He examined him, and came to a salvaging conclusion; The baby was to save Ammicrin, and restore Vinahne.

Once word had spread to Fariel, they began negotiations. Fariel united with Ammicrin, and they were to assault Krinahd when this savior child turn the age of twenty. However.. this plan would be ruined by Krinahd, after getting word from one of their.. spies.

Krinahd organized an attack, and travelled through the desert to Ammicrin. When they arrived, they met with not an outstanding force as the prophecy says.. but a celebrating Kingdom. A dissarmed, and unaware kingdom.. and so.. Krinahd struck. They forced their way into the Kingdom, and killed every newly born they could find, and.. upon coming to the marked child.. they kidnapped him, and flee'd.

With all hope suddenly revoked, it seemed that the days were numbered, and the number wasn't high. Already the days seem to go by slower, and darker, knowing that they would indeed be defeated.

Two years after the kidnapping, the mother and father gave birth to another child. His name, was Crane. He had blazing red hair, and dark blue eye's. His father even trembled with happiness. They had made another child, to take the place of their lost miracle. Could it be, that this child could also be the savior of the kingdom?

Over the years, the child proved himself to be worthy of his father's footsteps as a Knight. He trained with the blade untill he was eighteen, and finally joined as a loyal servant for his king. However, the people hated him for who he was... they hated him for not being the chosen child, and told him of it. He was scowled upon by the upper class swordsmen.. But it would do him no harm. He ignored it all.. and trained. Preparing for his adventure, and destiny.

Reaching the highest rank in the Knights.. he swore forever servitude, and vowed to save his kingdom at all costs. He was ready to fulfill the prophecy, and clash swords with his brother.

Assembling an army, he travelled across the deserts, and the magma ocean, and reached Krinahd kingdom. Without warning, he started the attack. Unfortunately, it was quickly stopped by a small force, and Crane had failed. He was captured, and brought to the King of Krinahd... whom was infact.. the prince of darkness. The devil's child...

Once the prince had learned of his name, he branded him, and declared him apart of his army, and slaves. For five long and treacherous years he served under the Devil. A terrible story to be told.. and so it shall not be said.

Crane was now twenty seven, and surpassed even his brother in the art of swordsmenship. Ranking among the highest in Krinahd, he recieved the weapon "Save the Devil" from his King, and vowed to protect him whatever the cost. However, this would prove to be the greatest lie, in the history of Vinahne.

The time was right for the prince to make his move, and summon an army of demons from Hell.. using Crane's brother as a tool; the said prophecy child. With his power, he was able to open a gate, and release his minions upon the world. Once they had assembled, they began to sweep across the planet at one order from their master, while Crane, had other plans.

Crane had now turned sides once again, and proved his loyalty to Ammicrin, and the rest of Vinahne. He crossed blades with his brother, and obtained an item of great value. It was called, the Key of Abyss. It was said, that this key, held the power to rid the world of all evil and darkness, by restoring it to it's original state. Now, Crane held the two most valuable items on the planet, and he intended to use them.. wisely.

Crane.. challenged the Prince of Darkness. In an epic fight, it came down to the prince of darkness holding his blade to Crane's throat, taunting him as if he were an easy victory. At this.. Crane used the Key of Abyss, and opened a portal to Hell. Every demonic creature, every undead soldier, and the prince of darkness, was sucked into this swirling vortex into Hell. Upon opening it however, the prince of darkness had grabbed hold of Crane, and pulled him into the gate.

Now, the portal was unbalanced. Soon the creatures that had been sent back to Hell, would find it, and return to Vinahne. Crane was left to finish the fight with the prince, and all seemed to be.. hopeless. It was a futile attempt.

No! Crane would not let this happen. He would kill the Prince of Darkness, using the blade he had been given.

After a long fight.. Crane killed the prince. His father felt the heartache.. he felt his life being taken, and appeared to cherish his now lifeless body. In the depths of Hell, the Devil stood mourning over his son, with Crane standing by, smiling at him.

Then, they fought. Before long, the Devil was throwing Crane around like a rag doll.. and now he was going to kill him.. or so he thought. This had been the plan from the beginning. Crane just needed to distract him long enough for the portal to close, and cancel out the imbalance. As it did.. a portal appeared, and ripped Crane from Hell. He appearned unscathed, on an alien world, at the other side of the Omniverse.

All in all... he had saved his kingdom, and his Vinahne. Now, he would start the journey back home.

Over the years, he has learned of the Key's powers, and abilities, such as nearly stopping his aging process. He still carries the blade that the Prince had given him, and now searches for the other. Travelling across the Omniverse, he has met many powerful beings, and fought countless battles, and will continue to do so, untill he finds his way back to Vinahne. His home.

Theme Song : "Fire On Manhatten" - Bloodgroove.

Swag

Young King
*plops down on the couch beside Ed, leaning back and lowering the brim on his fitted cap*

This should be interesting.

Bear

Ouranophobic
It should. KHFanatic.. I don't think you want me opening. Really. I've been in a state of severe writers block. I can push through it with a few fancy words and good descriptions, but overall, my posts are misplaced, poorly written, sloppy, and overall crap. Example - (Refer to my first in-character post.)

So, I'm asking you to make the first post. I'll describe the setting,

A vast world, ruled by four raging nations. The whole southern half of this world, is barren and wasted, and covered either by deteriorating earth or volcanic grounds. The northern half is part lush green land and a giant blue ocean. The battle will be taking place ( or starting off ) where ever you choose, as long as it is within the limits of this world. However, after it has begun, the battle may very well expand to another world, or some place else.

An incredible LOL for copy and pasting my vague supposedly-going-to-be-updated-with-my-bio setting from the original thread-starting post. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back